• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

I've said it before. I'll say it again. This "war" on drugs must come to an end. Treat driving an automobile while under the influence of drugs just the same as alcohol, but that's it.

"Drunk stop" checkpoints are fishing expeditions too. How about we worry about the behavior (reckless / dangerous driving) - not what caused the person to get there.

Otherwise, I'm in total agreement.

Gotta love this BS straight from Dupnik's page...

Oversaw the creation of the Pima Regional SWAT team. This accomplishment resulted in the largest, most capable tactical team in the state of Arizona and the only FEMA type 1 tactical team in the southern region of the United States.

If that is the "most capable" team, then I really don't want to know what the least capable ones are
like. -shudder- [thinking]

The Pima Regional SWAT team is a collaborative effort comprised of officers from seven Pima County law enforcement agencies and medics from various local emergency medical support agencies. The program includes several distinct elements: Tactical, Negotiations, EOD, Canine, and Tactical Emergency Medical Support (TEMS). These elements work together to resolve dangerous incidents that pose a risk to the lives of the residents of Pima County.

I think they made a typo, it should say "creating dangerous incidents". [thinking]

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm sure all video supportive of the government's position was released.

Or there was a "technical error" just like with the LVPD and that guy who got shot in the costco. [rolleyes]

I don't think any of that video has been released yet, either. [thinking]

-Mike

There was some video released, because I watched it when this story first broke. The video was from one of the team members helmet cameras, or something similar. Is there supposedly more video evidence than that?

Thanks for posting that link! There is a ton of interesting stories to read when you click on the individual balloons. It's pretty amazing to me just how many of those incidents involved someone getting shot accidentally because officers tripped over something - there were even a few where they shot fellow officers in the back.[rolleyes] Are they trained to keep their finger on the trigger at all times, or something? I was under the impression that they were trained to not engage the trigger at all until they intended to fire, so obviously proper trigger discipline is not enforced.

Only a matter of time until Joe Citizen and the angry mob start serving no-knocks of their own.

Ya right.

Whats it going to take? Cops busting down doors and emptying magazines into homeowners? Oh, right. We've already got that.

Joe Citizen doing anything about it? Crickets.......

Ya right.

Whats it going to take? Cops busting down doors and emptying magazines into homeowners? Oh, right. We've already got that.

Joe Citizen doing anything about it? Crickets.......

A few hundred people dead is hardly going to start a wave of angry mobs.

It's only going to get there when the number of victims starts to look more like zip codes rather than area codes.

I'll be the first to admit it, nobody is going to go all go-time if someone in east kalamazoo county gets raided for having too many chickens in the roost and a few ARs...one person is a tragedy, but it's not a statistic....but when people are starting to get rounded up on a large scale, confiscations, curfews, etc, that's when Joe Citizen will take the gloves off. No crickets here.

It takes one righteous person who is terminally ill and decided he had little to lose. All these murderers names are on public record. They aren't that hard to find.

Make a list, check it twice, go on a 50 state bucket list. Worst can happen is to die in a blaze of glory.

Last edited:
but when people are starting to get rounded up on a large scale, confiscations, curfews, etc, that's when Joe Citizen will take the gloves off. No crickets here.

That has happened, on our soil. You're probably too young to remember. Nothing happened.

And, I personally know people that experienced the confriscations during Hurricane Katrina. Nothing happened.

I really don't think anything is going to happen. Everyone who pretends that they're going to do something about these problems always draws another line in the sand. Its always "well you might have crossed that line, but if you cross THIS line, thats then the trouble starts"

This is a police state. This is tyranny. Things HAVE crossed the line and they HAVE gone too far. But, we've just been slowly conditioned to it, so we don't notice it. And none of us ever will. I admit my own cowardice. I admit that I'm not doing anything about it. Its shameful. But it is true.

Back
Top Bottom