AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

So, was it drugs or home invasions that the warrant was based on? And I hope that some of what the family's lawyer is saying is well substantiated and highly publicized - no lights and sirens when they arrived, the "portion of a law enforcement uniform" was a novelty Border Patrol ball cap, et cetera. Maybe there is a very outside slim chance that there is more to this, but the lack of information - and the lack of credibility and the conflict in what information has been provided - makes people understandably suspicious. How can any reasonable and prudent person's bullsh#t detector not go off over this situation?

And the rifles, handguns, body armor, and portions of L/E uniforms excuse is scary. What if the raid targets a LEO's home? Is that still just as damning as a recently RELAD'ed Marine having the same things (excepting the uniform thing, which may have just been a novelty ball cap)? Hell, when I get home from work, my hat usually ends up on the couch or chair, uniform shirt wherever I happen to hang it when I get through the door. I don't like to imagine that being used as an excuse to execute me with my wife and children at home. Worst worry should be my wife bitching about not putting it in the laundry right away, not a public post-mortem smear campaign.

Sheriff's Dept. Releases S.W.A.T. Video Of Raid...

Watch Video Here: [video]http://www.kvoa.com/player/?video_id=5758[/video]

A video released Thursday by the sheriff's department shows the uniformed SWAT team pulling up outside his house, sounding their sirens, banging on the front door -- before kicking it in -- and opening fire shortly after entering the home.

>snip<

Initial news reports indicated that he had been struck by more than 60 bullets. However, CNN has seen an initial report from the medical examiner that details 22 bullet wounds.

>snip<

But authorities allege he also was involved in drug smuggling, strong-armed robberies and human smuggling.

A search of the home after the shooting revealed nothing illegal, although officers found weapons and body armor.

The five deputies involved in the shooting remain on active duty. No criminal charges have been filed and no disciplinary action taken.

The findings of the investigation are detailed in a five-inch thick report.....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/27/arizona.marine.death/

Last edited:
OK, I watched the video. Two whoops of the siren and it looks like their first story was more accurate when they said they knocked for 15 seconds. I did NOT hear them announcing themselves as police, though.

If I saw a goon squad at my door like that, I'd probably have a rifle in my hands, too. [thinking]

OK, I watched the video. Two whoops of the siren and it looks like their first story was more accurate when they said they knocked for 15 seconds. I did NOT hear them announcing themselves as police, though.

If I saw a goon squad at my door like that, I'd probably have a rifle in my hands, too. [thinking]

Video was lame. I'm sure the sheep will gulp it down... How many times do we hear sirens going by louder and longer than that. If he was asleep, he likely barely heard it. What he did hear was thugs bustin in his door. His only mistake was not going in hot....

I counted eight seconds from the knock to busting down the door. The cop who knocked said nothing and immediately turned away from the door after executing three knocks. The knocks looked perfunctory at best. I don't see how a person that is wide awake can make it to the door in that time frame.

DirtDiver76 said:
First of all, you (SD) Idiots! Why in the hell do you have all your personnel just diddly boping and standing in the FATAL FUNNEL! GOOD TRAINING YOU MOTARDS! Secondly, what is with all the indiscriminant firing in the foreground? EVER HEARD OF CONTROLLED FIRE? Thirdly, is it common practice, to allow the individual to bleed out, while medical personnel are standing right outside?

And really? 71 shots? wow, good marksmanship guys... you have obviously never been in a combat zone... where every shot counts and you conserve your ammo, oh yeah, and you attain PID! 71 shots... ROTFLMAO! JOKE! Dudes, stay the hell out of my neighbor hood, I don't need protection like that... i got it.

Even here in Iraq, and over in Afghanistan, our military and contracted PSD teams are taught to provide medical care to those we wound... and those are damn insurgents. yeah, people other than US military, like Mr. Guerena. So waht are we saying here, because he's former military, he has no right to defend himself, or he should have just laid down as people barged into his home... or better yet, deserves to be denied immediate medical attention? This is all too familiar... dead men tell no tales. Anyone who doesn't see the problem with this situation, is straight up, and idiot that probably thinks law enforcement should be the only armed people in our society... that is of course, until one of their neighbors, in their nosey ways, files a claim or "registers a complaint" against them, and they get gunned down in their home. Think it can't happen? I bet Former Marine, Jose Guerena thought so too, or at least wasn;t expecting it.

And for those who argue he should have heard the siren... ok, maybe... maybe not... the damn think sounds like my car alarm. Ever heard of putting the siren on varried? How about running the gambit on the various wails and yelps on the box? Or, how about a PA system? Even in a "small" town like Tuscon has TV... shoulda picked up a little bit of police tactics from there...

We can go on for days with this one... but I am sure the lawyers already will be, so let's leave it at that... But for his service, for all those would be's out there, who didn't (you know who you are)... we, Americans, owe it to the memory of this Marine and for the sake of his family, to investigate, inquire and then do it again... and if any wrongdoing has been found, ensure this crap never happens again. Semper Fi.
posted at one of the sites with the video pretty much sums it up

Not nearly enough time to allow for an awake person to make it to the door. It's also doubtful someone would associate those two short sirens for police at their front door.

They lit him up pretty quick.

As a side note I love the fact they have the SW part down, but they seemed to have missed the AT part of their job. The guy on the left with his back turned and rifle slung might need some new underwear.

If I was kicking down a door on a dangerous person I knew had a rifle and armor I think I'd be a bit more in the game when they broke the door down.

As a side note I love the fact they have the SW part down, but they seemed to have missed the AT part of their job. The guy on the left with his back turned and rifle slung might need some new underwear.

Then there is that coward that ducks out of the way and then jumps over the rest of that team to GET SOME before the shooting was over.

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

So, why'd they release this video anyway? Are they actually proud of it?

And, if this guy was so incredibly dangerous that they couldn't knock politely on the door with a warrant, and have to instead bring a SWAT team, why are they all in one bunch right in front of the door? If someone was inside behind something like sand bags, ready to fire over the top of it at the door, several of those would be dead. I have absolutely no knowledge or experience, but I could put together a better SWAT team raid myself if someone told me to do it.

I call it an execution, plain and simple.

The wife claims she saw someone out the window and woke the VICTIM, that is when he grabbed the rifle and was probably heading to that big window to have a look see.

I would bet he was carrying low ready down the hallway, the two knocks almost sounded like someone QUIETLY trying to enter a residence or maybe car doors outside. The door pops open and the see him standing with the rifle - no commands - no nothing - just 71 shots (60 hits).

I was just going to try the what if game to make the cops look better - you know what - you can't after seeing the video.

As noted above the siren sounded like a car alarm or maybe a cruiser performing a traffic stop somewhere on the street. I heard no 'Sherrifs Department' or 'Police' shouts.

As I said above - an Execution, plain and simple

The whole country can't be Mayberry, RFD, I know, but did anyone else here grow up in a community where the chief of police was a next door neighbor that sometimes had a barbeque and the officers were guys you went to school with?

Can you imagine this sort of disgusting abuse of power happening in a setting like that?

What HAPPENED over the past 20 years?!

Another thing... Why only the sirens for a few seconds?? Even if I heard it I would think police is chasing someone and that person is trying to break into my house. If you are not guilty of anything why would you think like one? To me it could explain why he never engaged the police.

I call it an execution, plain and simple.

The wife claims she saw someone out the window and woke the VICTIM, that is when he grabbed the rifle and was probably heading to that big window to have a look see.

I would bet he was carrying low ready down the hallway, the two knocks almost sounded like someone QUIETLY trying to enter a residence or maybe car doors outside. The door pops open and the see him standing with the rifle - no commands - no nothing - just 71 shots (60 hits).

I was just going to try the what if game to make the cops look better - you know what - you can't after seeing the video.

As noted above the siren sounded like a car alarm or maybe a cruiser performing a traffic stop somewhere on the street. I heard no 'Sherrifs Department' or 'Police' shouts.

As I said above - an Execution, plain and simple

They shouted "Police, search warrant open the door" I'm pretty sure. Its hard to make out from the position of the video camera. But the problem is, why not use a PA or megaphone???? If someone is shouting outside my door and I wasn't standing right on the other side there is almost no way I would be able to understand them.

The whole country can't be Mayberry, RFD, I know, but did anyone else here grow up in a community where the chief of police was a next door neighbor that sometimes had a barbeque and the officers were guys you went to school with?

Can you imagine this sort of disgusting abuse of power happening in a setting like that?

What HAPPENED over the past 20 years?!

What happened is several things:

1. Police have gone from "Protect & Serve" to "Law Enforcement."

2. Militarization of the police - whether it's federal tax dollars or surplus military equipment, police departments across the country have been gearing up to the level of some military outfits. Give people toys, and they want to play with them.

3. The War on Drugs. Forty years, forty billion dollars. Absolute, complete, 100% failure.

4. Glamorization of the police - this is both internal and external. Externally, it's television and movies, internally it's things like that picture of the jackass hanging upside down from a rope while pointing his handgun at the camera. The shift from local Peace Officer to X-TREME TACTICOOL OPERATOR has been going on for years.

EDIT:

5. New media. Misdeeds by police and other civil servants have been going on for much longer than 20 years but it's only been over the last 10-15 years that new forms of media have shed light on them. Add in low-cost cameras and videorecorders and we've had much greater access to stories that weren't usually seen before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom