ATTENTION: Dealers and those who buy from them

OK, I'm gonna get on the phone and warn my local dealers to pay extra attention to the "Approved Weapons Roster" this weekend. I'm calling Manchester Firing Line, Chester Arms, American Weapons Systems, Rileys ... oh, wait.

Never mind ...

I hope they catch someone buying a Kimber and then have to explain how it is an inferior product made of inferior materials in court.
I doubt the prosecution will have to. It isn't on the roster, so therefore the dealer violated the law. And chances are the dealer will plead out anyways.

I hope they catch someone buying a Kimber and then have to explain how it is an inferior product made of inferior materials in court.

serious.jpg

I own a Kimber too (and the ones I've had, have been decent) but that question can be taken a few different ways. [laugh]

This is going to be my first and last post on this site. I'm going to ask to have my account deleted.

There's a sting operation underway in MA right now that could happen as soon as this weekend.

The authorities are going to try to bust a gun dealer for selling a handgun that is not on the Approved Roster. It'll be one of those guns that seems to be approved, but will be a slightly different finish or model. Since many dealers have only a partial grasp of the convoluted regulations in your state, it should be easy for them to find a victm.

It will be a weak case at best and the dealer will probably beat it in court, but that is not the reason for this exercise. The Patrick administration hopes to play it up big in the media, and use it as a reason to crack down and enact even stricter laws.

Please tell your local dealers about this, and urge them to use extreme caution in the coming weeks.

Sounds like a typical weekend in this state.

The Mass Association of Firearm Retailors has been started back up. I went to a meeting, but seriously we are to few now in my opinion to make that much of an impact.

Therein lies at least one of the problems....Much like proactive gun owners, there are too few proactive FFL's willing to out themselves out there and get things done. Kudos to you for being one of the few... [cheers]

The Mass Association of Firearm Retailors has been started back up. I went to a meeting, but seriously we are to few now in my opinion to make that much of an impact.

Is the rat still the president?

If so, he does more harm to the industry than good.

Gun owners, gun dealers, gun clubs . . . in all cases, even if they did see eye-to-eye (which they do not), there aren't enough of them to make any difference on Bacon Hill. Unless you have enough "grease" to spread around, they only pay us lip service no matter which group we are part of.

I still don't understand why you would waste all this man power/hours on something like this?

Say instead of one dealer they bust 24 dealers for selling blued Sig 239s instead of the approved stainless ones. The already-prepared headline in The Globe will read:

Dozens of Gun Dealers Caught Selling Illegal Handguns

Patrick won't even need the legislature behind him. His office can create some CMR to make it very difficult on the dealers (additional 'oversight', exorbitant fees, more licenses, can't be within 5000' of a school, etc).

The authorities are going to try to bust a gun dealer for selling a handgun that is not on the Approved Roster. It'll be one of those guns that seems to be approved, but will be a slightly different finish or model. Since many dealers have only a partial grasp of the convoluted regulations in your state, it should be easy for them to find a victm.

It will be a weak case at best and the dealer will probably beat it in court, but that is not the reason for this exercise. The Patrick administration hopes to play it up big in the media, and use it as a reason to crack down and enact even stricter laws. Please tell your local dealers about this, and urge them to use extreme caution in the coming weeks.

During each step of these repeated oppressive acts on the 2nd amendment, we have petitioned for relief in the most humble terms.
Our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

A Prince whose character is so tainted by every type of act which defines a tyrant is unfit to be a ruler of a free people.

.....Wake the F up Massachusetts![frown]

they_livex.jpg

Say instead of one dealer they bust 24 dealers for selling blued Sig 239s instead of the approved stainless ones. The already-prepared headline in The Globe will read:

Dozens of Gun Dealers Caught Selling Illegal Handguns

Patrick won't even need the legislature behind him. His office can create some CMR to make it very difficult on the dealers (additional 'oversight', exorbitant fees, more licenses, can't be within 5000' of a school, etc).

All in the name of doing something in response to the recent "gun violence".

Just watch out for the shady guy at the gun shop. [wink]
You know the one that hasn't got a clue where the bullets go but can identify the thing that goes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be my first and last post on this site. I'm going to ask to have my account deleted.

There's a sting operation underway in MA right now that could happen as soon as this weekend.

It will be a weak case at best and the dealer will probably beat it in court, but that is not the reason for this exercise. The Patrick administration hopes to play it up big in the media, and use it as a reason to crack down and enact even stricter laws.

Please tell your local dealers about this, and urge them to use extreme caution in the coming weeks.

BS

It isn't the law, it is an AG regulation. A stupid one.

I doubt the prosecution will have to. It isn't on the roster, so therefore the dealer violated the law. And chances are the dealer will plead out anyways.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If there was a solid chance this were BS I truly believe Derek and the moderators would have flushed this thread. Have faith in their judgment.

Best,

Rich

I guess so.....

Last I heard the AG doesn't even show up to court for this kind of stuff.

Honestly, I hope they (AG) do push the issue, these "consumer regs" are back door gun bans. I'd love to see that legal group here on NES step in and help end this crap once and for all. If the AG chooses to go after a model that is only non compliant due to a minor difference (grips, color, etc) they are just setting themselves up for a loss.

The supreme court tells me that I can have a handgun for self defense in my own home. I want the safest, highest quality pistol that money can buy. I want the one that my local PD trusts their lives with. But, wait, I go to the gun store and they tell me that's illegal for me to buy a new glock? That's not a violation of Heller? No way any of this 1990s consumer protection BS stands up in court.

We are never going to win the polls here in MA, but we can win in court.

The authorities are going to try to bust a gun dealer for selling a handgun that is not on the Approved Roster. It'll be one of those guns that seems to be approved, but will be a slightly different finish or model.

Reading comprehension matters, at least wrt laws.

"Approved Roster" is NOT the AG Regs. It IS the MGL that demands testing/approval by EOPS and publication.

There are guns on that Roster with "-number", color of plastic, color of slide, specific grips, etc. This means that LEGALLY, any other variant is NOT approved and thus a transfer amounts to "breaking the LAW"!

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Not true.

MGL Chapter 140 Section 123 addresses a number of "consumer protection" issues: http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section123

The implementation of that law is regulation 501 CMR 7.00, and that is what defines the Approved Firearms Roster: http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/501 CMR 7.pdf

That roster has nothing to do with the AG. The AG's regulations are in addition to (and have nothing to do with) the Approved Firearms Roster. The AG's regulations are entirely separate, in 940 CMR 16.00.

For a new handgun to be sold in MA, it has to be in accordance with BOTH 501 CMR 7.00 and 940 CMR 16.00.

Back
Top Bottom