• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Seized my Replica Mini-14

Is this the 'replica' the OP bought ? Because the guy who bought it had done a lot of transactions with GB, see bid log below.

3/24/2019 1:20:51 AM ET
n***1 A+(575)
$71.00

What's your point? Is there some law on how much stuff a person can buy on Gun Broker? I also feel like this thread has become danger close to a doxing thread.

I’m going to take a WAG that the OP needed the replica gun for a film shoot and the seller was cautious about shipping it out of state so required it be sent to an FFL.

Then Guns Inc. got the gun and called the ATF to make sure the gun was a replica and not a real gun and the ATF took the gun, determined it was a replica, and returned it to Guns Inc. in about a week and a half and Guns Inc. gave it to the OP for his film shoot.

And yes, Guns Inc. had an ATF audit very recently and everything was fine.

I’m going to take a WAG that the OP needed the replica gun for a film shoot and the seller was cautious about shipping it out of state so required it be sent to an FFL.

Then Guns Inc. got the gun and called the ATF to make sure the gun was a replica and not a real gun and the ATF took the gun, determined it was a replica, and returned it to Guns Inc. in about a week and a half and Guns Inc. gave it to the OP for his film shoot.

And yes, Guns Inc. had an ATF audit very recently and everything was fine.

Not applicable. Film producers have their own special ways of getting guns and usually hire third party FFLs to handle the logistics of sourcing proper guns. If OP is an amateur/small-time film producer, he could've just asked us to borrow a gun for free unless the gun would've faced serious potential of damage.

Gun Jesus went up to this third party vendor and did some filming of their "selection":

Movie Armaments Group Canada - Tactical Weapons and Gear for the Film Industry

At least as far as I looked, the neg comments were coming from idiots / deadbeats. Were you inferring that GB was providing an undeserved A+ rating? I'd avoid the seller anyway based on this thread, but the GB feedback at least on the surface looks OK.

There were a couple of reviews talking about the seller illegally shipping a rifle and a pistol in the same box via USPS (and still charging the buyer shipping twice). It looks like the two reviews were from the same person, but on different transactions. I imagine stuff like that might catch the ATF's eye.

There were a couple of reviews talking about the seller illegally shipping a rifle and a pistol in the same box via USPS (and still charging the buyer shipping twice). It looks like the two reviews were from the same person, but on different transactions. I imagine stuff like that might catch the ATF's eye.

The “illegal” part is UPS’ insistence on over night shipping for all firearms.

And who would sell a functioning mini 14 for $71?

Someone who owns a mini 14 and upgraded to a HiPoint?

[devil2]

I pitty the fool who tried to buy my mini 14...
25ee000edca156bf4cf74d06b190595f.jpg

I suspect a team of crack commandos hiding in the LA underground has taken it...

Last edited:
What's your point? Is there some law on how much stuff a person can buy on Gun Broker? I also feel like this thread has become danger close to a doxing thread.

With those auction numbers I’m thinking OP might be in possession of an actual arsenal and yes I am jealous...

Even with $71 + $35 shipping, there's probably $106 worth of very good furniture and parts there.

The seller is hinkey as hell. Insists it's a replica, not a gun, but must go to an FFL. Description says the manufacturer is Ruger, which is obvious BS. The only possible way Ruger made a non-gun replica was for display at trade shows, and I highly doubt any of those were ever released to the market (short of being stolen, of course).

Gotcha. That really illegal?

I think it depends on if an FFL was involved for the handgun. Maybe just the rantings of a crazy person on gunbroker though.

I can't imagine the ATF is reading Gunbroker reviews. Now maybe they were contact directly by a disgruntled customer but no way are they cruising the Gunbroker feedbacks.

Couldn’t they just search the site for the word “illegal”? Hell, I have an automated google search that sends me an email every time someone posts my name anywhere on the internet. I’m sure you’re right, but it wouldn’t take much.

I can't imagine the ATF is reading Gunbroker reviews. Now maybe they were contact directly by a disgruntled customer but no way are they cruising the Gunbroker feedbacks.
Don’t kid yourself on what any .gov branch is doing on the Internet. I got solid real life experience and the proof to back that statement up.

Not sure if serious, the feds/states have fusion centers full of people neck deep in that crap. If some guy from NES ten years ago got called in by his LO at some small PD for being "too anxious" based on some relatively stupid shit he posted here, you can bet your ass feds are watching things like GunBroker, Faceplant, etc.... distributed surveillance is all the rage in big LE circles.

-Mike

Not sure if serious, the feds/states have fusion centers full of people neck deep in that crap. If some guy from NES ten years ago got called in by his LO at some small PD for being "too anxious" based on some relatively stupid shit he posted here, you can bet your ass feds are watching things like GunBroker, Faceplant, etc.... distributed surveillance is all the rage in big LE circles.

-Mike

This is so discouraging. I always viewed Gunbroker feedback like I view Yelp reviews. I realize this particular instance is different from "the buyer rated it was 99% and I think it is 85%" but the fact that action can be triggered by disgruntled customers seems unwarranted.

This is so discouraging. I always viewed Gunbroker feedback like I view Yelp reviews. I realize this particular instance is different from "the buyer rated it was 99% and I think it is 85%" but the fact that action can be triggered by disgruntled customers seems unwarranted.

Them seeing it and acting on it are two different things, but lets put it this way, people are watching.... I doubt that such a rating, by itself, is per se a "triggering event", because it's just hearsay, and not real evidence, but a combination of things could rack up a "score" in terms of making them "more interesting" to investigate.

JFC and Martin Luther

0. I get that this is MA, but let's not soil the panties just yet.

1. I don't see anything sinister in the GB advert. There are many listings like that. Dude explains why FFL is required (brought to them through one). How the f*** do they account for an item without serial, who knows, that's FFL's problem to sort out.

2. "shady price" ... again, there are many deals to be had on guns, parts. This is TX, pawn shops often come up with good deals, estate sales etc. Some dealers move a lot of inventory, firesale price isn't a reason to evacuate your bowls.

3. "Replica" ... it may mean simply not genuine Ruger, may be a knock off, DIY, who the f*** knows. There are a lot of things mislabeled in GB, sometimes mislabeled things bring the good margin of profit for resale.

4. Lawyers. I wish that I had disposable income to hire a lawyer every time for any reason. Most people don't. Unless ATF is calling him, I'd wait up and see how it shakes out. Obviously, if they want to chat, then may be insist on lawyer be present, perhaps that will take the edge off their desire.

5. Fundamentally, I don't see anything shady or wrong in OP's actions. All laws were followed. I get it, it's guns, scary shit, but let's be pragmatic here, unless OP is dealing drugs and guns, he'll probably get an easier time getting bail in MA, otherwise risk is fairly small, so I'd proceed with caution, and by "proceed" I mean getting a lawyer's number just in case, SHTF and wait. I don't see anything criminal or shady in his post. If this wasn't gdamned MA we would laugh about this shit, as we should, but let's not go jumpy from our own shadow.

Back
Top Bottom