Asking for suggestions on carrying with an ostomy

I haven't had any issue like a colostomy but I use these with my gun belt to help with the weight distribution both carrying concealed and when working security in uniform. https://www.perrysuspenders.com/
As a side note, if anyone ever asks what's that under your shirt when I carry concealed I just say its' my colostomy bag. Shuts them the f*** up! Good luck.

Light weight gun, inside the waist band, small of the back. This will work.

SoB sucks as soon as you try to sit in your car or a wooden chair in a restaurant. Tried it many years ago with an actual SoB holster, I didn’t last a week with it it was so uncomfortable.

it seems like those with an ostomy often have to have their belt in a rather specific location so as to prevent interfering with the stoma. as mentioned above there are some protective sleeves that can be worn over the stoma although i can only imagine between such device and an IWB rig it would be a lot of material around the belt.

for someone with an ostomy pocket carry would seem to be a good option. i'm aware from all the keyboard commandos that i will never be a true operator if pocket carrying and i'm at peace with this unfortunate truth. for those of you carrying pocket it's worth trying a kydex alabama holster. i was a fan of the remora until i found the alabama.

Back
Top Bottom