As heard at the gun store

I figured as much. She mentioned volume of sales as an afterthought, probably to try to inject a kernel of truth into her statement. I was certainly not dissuaded from going out and buying more ammo at Walmart last night. [laugh]

Which Wal Mart? Wareham has little beyond shotgun shells and .22LR. I was in tonight and bought the only box of 40 S&W in the joint. [laugh]

I bet that's true of the clothing and what not, slightly imperfect, not as high a quality of material etc.

Which Wal Mart? Wareham has little beyond shotgun shells and .22LR. I was in tonight and bought the only box of 40 S&W in the joint. [laugh]

I bet that's true of the clothing and what not, slightly imperfect, not as high a quality of material etc.

I picked up the last five boxes of WWB .45 that North Oxford had on the shelf. And I also grabbed the last two boxes of the same from Bellingham.

bumping an old thread (I thought there was another similar but can't find it)

Customer: Are these ammo prices correct because I bought the same for $$
Owner: That's less than my wholesale price, where did you get it
Customer: Online
Owner: Sir, I don't want to get into your business but let me just tell you it's illegal in Massachusetts for you to accept a package in the mail that contains ammunition. The UPS drivers will call the police on you and they will pull your license. Not trying to scare you...

Owner: Sir, I don't want to get into your business but let me just tell you it's illegal in Massachusetts for you to accept a package in the mail that contains ammunition. The UPS drivers will call the police on you and they will pull your license. Not trying to scare you...

The conversation should have continued as:

Customer: "does it hurt?"
Owner: "does what hurt?"
Customer: "does it hurt to be that retarded?"

Sounds like a Rat I know!

My favorite gun store is Blue Northern in Ayer. One of the many reasons why it's my favorite store is that sometimes when you ask one of the guys - either Bill, Ron, Tom, Billy, or Dave- a question, they'll say, "I don't know". Followed up by, "I'll find out for you."

Imagine that? People at a gun store that actually won't knowingly give you bad advice.
Bob's in Webster is like that too.

Sole proprietor: What can I help you with?
Me: Saw your sign outside for 25% off all ammo; thought I would check it out.
Him: What are you looking for?
Me: 9mm and 5.56.
Him: All the 9mm is gone. What was the other thing--5 something?
Me. 5.56.
Him: <stare>
Me: 5.56 NATO?
Me: 2.23?
Him: Oh, OK. Got a few more boxes in the safe.

They were still overpriced. And they were labeled 5.56 NATO.

Whatever, I always get told what the military is using, what a good brand is (that the store conveniently has), etc. I've heard the ammo line as well. Honestly the only gun shop I have ever been in where I fully trusted the guy working there to not lie to me was B&K sales (not a plug). Brian is a good guy, well versed in the laws, who knows his stuff all the way around.

Mike

I've heard the same thing. It's not even worth explaining it to these people. You can't win! Sure just shoot the 5.56 out of your .223 AR, it'll work fine.

This is why I got the 5.56. They are almost the same but the 5.56 has a thicker brass casing and the primer is different. Ignorance at its finest.

Me: "Do you have any 5.56 ammo? All I see is .223"

Gun Store: (while looking at me like I am stupid) "It's the exact same thing."

Sole proprietor: What can I help you with?
Me: Saw your sign outside for 25% off all ammo; thought I would check it out.
Him: What are you looking for?
Me: 9mm and 5.56.
Him: All the 9mm is gone. What was the other thing--5 something?
Me. 5.56.
Me: 5.56 NATO?
Me: 2.23?
Him: Oh, OK. Got a few more boxes in the safe.

They were still overpriced. And they were labeled 5.56 NATO.

HA!
A while back I was in the same store (when ammo prices were really high). Amazingly, he had decent, not great, pricing on 9mm. But he HAD it in stock where a lot of people didn't.
I saw the stack of boxes.

I tried to buy all of the ammo ( I think it was 6 boxes) no go. I had to haggle with him to buy the 4 boxes i got, as he felt that with "That quantity" (4 boxes) I may actually be reselling them.. Could not understand why somebody would buy "so much ammo" all at once..

HA!
A while back I was in the same store (when ammo prices were really high). Amazingly, he had decent, not great, pricing on 9mm. But he HAD it in stock where a lot of people didn't.
I saw the stack of boxes.

I tried to buy all of the ammo ( I think it was 6 boxes) no go. I had to haggle with him to buy the 4 boxes i got, as he felt that with "That quantity" (4 boxes) I may actually be reselling them.. Could not understand why somebody would buy "so much ammo" all at once..

His price wasn't horrible, it just wasn't a bargain. He wanted $8 a box for .223 Sellier and Bellot 5.56. I passed. I can get Federal for 32 cents a round by driving an hour and a half to NH.

Nothing against him; he seems like a nice guy, and he's a gun guy which makes him OK in my book. He can ask whatever he wants and I can pay whatever I'm willing. No problems there. But with how close he is to my house I sure wish he had a lot of great deals all the time. But, he doesn't. Where you at? PM me, maybe we can meet up at Rockdale sometime. The wife and I usually shoot on Friday evenings.

His price wasn't horrible, it just wasn't a bargain. He wanted $8 a box for .223 Sellier and Bellot 5.56. I passed. I can get Federal for 32 cents a round by driving an hour and a half to NH.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but where do you get Federal .223 in NH for 32 cents? I just bought my first AR and the best price I've seen so far is $40 per 100 at Wally World.

Thanks.

Sorry about resurrecting a months-old thread, but this seemed like a good place for my question.

I was at a local gun store yesterday evening and I overheard a conversation between a customer and the employee with regards to Walmart ammunition prices. She said that one of the reasons that Walmart is able to undercut them by so much is because Walmart gets the B-stock. It may look like the same packaging, but the SKU or something to that effect was slightly different, and it denoted something like factory seconds.

Any truth to this? I've bought and shot thousands of rounds of WWB from Wally World and never saw anything to suggest imperfections.

I've bought a ton of federal there, only issue I ever had was a single round with a sideways primer. Out of curiosity I sent a pic of it to Federal and they sent me a 3 dollar check, lol.

Heard last night at Dick's while buying ammunition for today's NES shoot: "Vermont now requires concealed carry licenses. You can still open carry, or wear a gun in a holster on a belt covered with your coat when you are hunting, but it has to be in a "real" belt holster, not a shoulder holster, or other concealment rig. They changed the law up there a couple of years ago." When asked about the veracity of this statement, the reply was: "I own property up there, so I know."

Heard last night at Dick's while buying ammunition for today's NES shoot: "Vermont now requires concealed carry licenses. You can still open carry, or wear a gun in a holster on a belt covered with your coat when you are hunting, but it has to be in a "real" belt holster, not a shoulder holster, or other concealment rig. They changed the law up there a couple of years ago." When asked about the veracity of this statement, the reply was: "I own property up there, so I know."

Sounds like the same logic you hear sometimes from cops, "I'm a cop so I know the law."

I don't mean to hijack the thread but where do you get Federal .223 in NH for 32 cents? I just bought my first AR and the best price I've seen so far is $40 per 100 at Wally World.

Thanks.

Riley's in Hooksett is what I was referring to. 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 for $326, about three weeks ago I think.

OK, not exactly a gun store, but related:

Wife, while trying to get me to take our daughter to Wal-Mart: "I think they have a hunting section or something." "Why, yes, dear, they do...."

Daughter, in store: "OK, so all we need now is a volleyball, unless you want to go to the gun-nut section."
Me: "It's called 'Sporting Goods', honey." [pause] Daughter: "So, over by the vollyeballs, then?"

Did he then ask you to be wery, wery quiet as he was going hunting wabbits, too?
hunter.gif
rolleyes.gif

Wow.

[sad2]

So was in Bass Pro yesterday looking to spend a gift card on some supplies and see this older guy march up to the counter and ask for a FA-2 form. The guy working the counter says "you much mean a FA-10 Form" you can get those online. The customer again says FA-2 form and goes on to describe the form needed to sell a firearm to someone, "you know like if I wanted to sell this guy a gun we would both fill out this FA-2 form and file one with the state and each keep on" The clerk again says that it's called a FA-10 form.
Customer says he has been to multiple pd's as well as MSP police and no one will give him a FA-2. Clerk while still remaining very patient says that it's a FA-10 form and that a FA-2 does not exist.
Customer's reply?..."Look do you want to argue about this or are you going to give me a FA-2 form?" I had had enough of this guy at this point but couldn't stop watching, it was like a car wreck in slow motion...The clerk said, "if you want a FA-2 form I have no idea what that is so I can't help you...but if you want a FA-10 I can try and help". I kind of lost track of the guy at this point but I think he just left the store.[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom