Article: Browe introduces industry’s most technologically advanced combat optic.

I visited the Browe sight and noticed this pricey sight that looks much like a Trijicon ACOG is from a company founded by a former Trijicon employee.

The sight looks pretty impressive, but I'd hold off coughing up that kind of money until there was reasonable assurance they are not going to be litigated out of existence.

I visited the Browe sight and noticed this pricey sight that looks much like a Trijicon ACOG is from a company founded by a former Trijicon employee.

The sight looks pretty impressive, but I'd hold off coughing up that kind of money until there was reasonable assurance they are not going to be litigated out of existence.

There's several companies that make an optic resembling an ACOG. All of them still exist. Bushnell, for instance.

There's several companies that make an optic resembling an ACOG. All of them still exist. Bushnell, for instance.

Yup, and there was one company making a .22 that resembled an HK - that product doesn't exist any more thanks to a trade dress suit threatened by HK.

Even with expired patents, "trade dress" can be the basis for a claim, and the chances of it happening depend on both the motivation of Player A and the ability, or perceived, ability of Player B to fund a legal response.

It's not obvious there will be legal issues, nor is it obvious there won't.

Last edited:
I'd say the price isn't too much if it works and is very durable. There are plenty of people here who own various optics that exceed $1500. Battery life is pretty impressive for that kind of light processing application and a motion sensor, assuming the numbers aren't fluffed.

I'm going to bet Larue will have something for this to replace the ARMS.It does address the ACOG issue with reticle brightness with mismatches between target brightness and ambient. It doesn't happen often, but I have seen it on mine.

The thing is pretty slick with how the dot changes intensities. Although companies should sell the optics without mounts because every ARMS mount I've ever used breaks. Either that or try to get a contract with LaRue.

This titanium obsession is pure idiocy. Unless its something that needs the strength and fatigue resistance. I see a marketing driven product here. Ti is 60% heavier than Al. The volume of Al used in a scope like this is largely determined by the locations of the elements it needs to hold in place. I can't help but wonder if magnesium had been used instead, how much lighter it could have been. In a rough sense it should be remembered that Mg is like an exotic Al, and Ti is an exotic steel.

Titanium sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and caters to the mine,s bigger/better/shiny/more tactical than yours group. Get back to me after it's been to a war or two and we are on revision 4.2

I looked at these at the Shot Show. The unit looks pretty impressive. The only downside is that for a very high end scope the warranty is limited - they hide behind the "2 years on electronics" caveat. While I get the feeling this is the kind of company that will very likely take care of people beyond the warranty, it's interesting to see that they feel the need to add the "limited time on electronics" caveat when Vortex is able to offer "lifetime warranty, period" on a $500 illuminated scope (the 1-4 PST).

Back
Top Bottom