AR'S on back order for 10 months!!!!!

I was in my local dealer today and ran into a Sig Arms Rep. Got into a discussion with him and he told me that speaking with all the other manufacturers AR'S are on backorder for 10 months. They are not ramping up production to meet the demand but Sig is ramping up production with their 556. Just a heads up to everyone.

That is good. I went to 2 different shops that I know were carrying the 556's and they were both out -and not expecting any more for months.

I should be all set with AR's - have 1 already, and 2 lowers on order. I have wanted to get a 556 though.

thank goodness I decided to get the two I have now when I did. I got them not long before all of this hype started up and the crazy price increases.

I was in NET on Tuesday they had quite a few ARs on display and more in the back as well as a AK variant. Went back on Thrusday....two left. They also had a couple of the Remington ARs but those don't seem to be that popular.

I was in NET on Tuesday they had quite a few ARs on display and more in the back as well as a AK variant. Went back on Thrusday....two left. They also had a couple of the Remington ARs but those don't seem to be that popular.

Im picking up my SW MP15FT there real soon [smile]

Isn't that the root of the problem with Ar's and ammo? Everbody's is hording it. We are are own worst enemy's. I can see other states hording AR's but MA! Why? We are already under a ban. What we have here is a bunch of people trying to by $800.00 rifles that they can sell a year from now for $1500.00 if there is a ban. Who is to say the ban doesn't keep you from selling or transferring?

Isn't that the root of the problem with Ar's and ammo? Everbody's is hording it. We are are own worst enemy's. I can see other states hording AR's but MA! Why? We are already under a ban. What we have here is a bunch of people trying to by $800.00 rifles that they can sell a year from now for $1500.00 if there is a ban. Who is to say the ban doesn't keep you from selling or transferring?

That's quite the assumption. I just bought a S&W M&P15 stripped lower today while on the NES members factory tour. This rifle will make my 4th AR variant when built, and guess what, it has nothing to do with any possible bans on anything. I like the platform and figure why have 1 rifle with four different uppers when you can have 4 rifles. Ever think maybe people (even those who you deem to be hoarding) are worried that they may not be able to get the rifle that they want a year from now, so they are looking for it now, just like you. Don't be so quick to judge when you don't know what other people's situation is.

I think if all the hype and stories we hear about shortages of AR receivers and rifles were true, by the time 2009 gets here there would be one in every house and they'd reach around the earth 3 times if placed end to end.[hmmm]

Zero Hour Arms is showing a few used AR15s on their site. Collector Guns is showing 4 used Colt AR15s on their site.

"WTS Bushmaster pre-pre-ban AR15 in complete M4 military Iraqi Freedom Afghanistan Delta Force SEAL Ranger configuration"

$2695.99

Buy this gun now,and I'll let you buy 100 rounds of military grade 5.56 from me for the pre ban price of $.89 a round!
Buy ammo now before the price increase!
Get this gun now before ATK raises their prices 10%!
Get it now before they are illegal!
No more AR's from manufacturers for 3 years,they are all backed up!!!
No further deals at this already low price!
No quantity deals available!
I'm losing money selling it at this rock bottom price!
I have 3 people coming to look at this rifle,get it now before it's gone!
I can't keep up with the demand!
I'm losing money here!

Everytime I go into a gunshop,I swear the purveyors took sales lessons from the Sham Wow! guy.The best thing to happen to gun dealers were Deval and Obama.

Last edited:
"paranoia strikes deep
into your life it will creep
it starts when you're always afraid
step out of line
the men come and take you away"
- Jefferson Airplane (Stop Children What's that Sound)

Paranoia does funny things to you, like buy ammo when it's more expensive than ever and new guns at a higher prices -

- because we're not thinking clearly.

I'm sitting tight and waiting for the men to come and take my guns......[wink]

Paranoia does funny things to you, like buy ammo when it's more expensive than ever and new guns at a higher prices -

My plans for an upper for my NES stripped lower are on hold until the hysteria dies down. However, I've got all my paperwork filled out, just need to track down a notary, for a M1 Garand, 592 rounds of .30-06, and 5k rounds of .22LR from the CMP [smile]. Once all the AR's dry up they be long waits on M1's [wink].

I think if all the hype and stories we hear about shortages of AR receivers and rifles were true, by the time 2009 gets here there would be one in every house and they'd reach around the earth 3 times if placed end to end.[hmmm]

Well, if you don't believe it, try calling ANY company and ordering one and see what they tell you. You'll be a believer after your first five calls.

It was reported that one major company in the southwest sold over ten thousand AR recievers in one day. Most smaller distributors and manufacturers are giving backorder times of 2 to 10 months.
Manufacturers will have machinery running 24/7 for months just to fill the currently existing orders.

"paranoia strikes deep
into your life it will creep
it starts when you're always afraid
step out of line
the men come and take you away"
- Jefferson Airplane (Stop Children What's that Sound)

Dr. dr. help me please, I know you’ll understand
There’s a time device inside of me, I’m a self-destructin’ man
There’s a red, under my bed
And there’s a little green man in my head

Self-destroyer, wreck your health
Destroy friends, destroy yourself
The time device of self-destruction
Light the fuse and start eruption

(yea, it goes like this, here it goes)
Paranoia, the destroyer
(here’s to paranoia)
Paranoia, the destroyer
(hey hey, here it goes)
Paranoia, the destroyer
(and it goes like this)

Paranoia, the destroyer
(and it goes like this.)

Kinks - Destroyer

[smile]

Well, if you don't believe it, try calling ANY company and ordering one and see what they tell you. You'll be a believer after your first five calls.

It was reported that one major company in the southwest sold over ten thousand AR recievers in one day. Most smaller distributors and manufacturers are giving backorder times of 2 to 10 months.
Manufacturers will have machinery running 24/7 for months just to fill the currently existing orders.

I don't believe it because I know of a shop who has no trouble at all getting receivers.

For me, it isn't "hoarding"... everything that I have bought this past year I was going to buy someday anyway. Seeing what the upcoming election was going to be about just made me accelerate my plans, while it is still possible to buy them.

My plan was to carefully buy one gun at a time, and take it to the range many times to get good with it. Then, buy another. Repeat.

But instead its been buy buy buy... and then figure out when to find the time to get to the range and learn each thing I bought. So now I have a backup in my queue of things to learn, plus my safe ran out of space before I was able to find the time to buy a second safe. (So I've had to stick the Mosins out in the cold with trigger locks on them. Poor things... I'll get back to them eventually.)

That's what is unfortunate. We have to live with the fear that what we want to buy now may not be available later due to the whims of some civil rights stomping politician.

I was talking to Marc from Zero Hour the other day and he said they can still get receivers.

Yes, they can, but they are going to wait in line for them like everyone else.

Nobody said they weren't available or not coming in from manufacturers, there's just a backorder on them because of the extreme order volume nationwide, just pre and post election.

Unless he just happens to know someone with a limited stash of stock on hand, when those run out, he'll be on a waiting list just like the rest of the country because all the major distributors are waiting for manufacturing to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom