AR'S on back order for 10 months!!!!!

Yes, they can, but they are going to wait in line for them like everyone else.

Nobody said they weren't available or not coming in from manufacturers, there's just a backorder on them because of the extreme order volume nationwide, just pre and post election.

Unless he just happens to know someone with a limited stash of stock on hand, when those run out, he'll be on a waiting list just like the rest of the country because all the major distributors are waiting for manufacturing to catch up.

What do you consider waiting? A week or two?
How long do you think it takes a major manufacturer to produce lowers?

Go back and re-read my OP.

FWIW, some companies always have major backorders (RRA has been backordered for over a year now) and some companies are able to keep up with the demand. I don't think that it's particularly election related (although the overall gun buying increase certainly is)

FWIW, some companies always have major backorders (RRA has been backordered for over a year now) and some companies are able to keep up with the demand. I don't think that it's particularly election related (although the overall gun buying increase certainly is)

I agree, RRA has had backorder issues since last year when I had placed an upper order.

first defense had a combo of about 16 stripped and complete lower in stock (DPMS) when i left the store on thursday 11-13-08

You remember Jon@Anvil's comments about the second possible AR buy. He said that one machine running for a full day makes 500 receivers...

IMNSHO most of the shortage is hype, as vellnueve pointed out, some companies are always on back order. Also I was shopping parts about 18 months ago and it was near impossible to find lower parts kits, I've noticed since that with most suppliers things like that go in out of back order regularly.

IMNSHO most of the shortage is hype, as vellnueve pointed out, some companies are always on back order. Also I was shopping parts about 18 months ago and it was near impossible to find lower parts kits, I've noticed since that with most suppliers things like that go in out of back order regularly.

Hype? You mean like, cut production, raise prices because demand outstrips supply, profit.

What do you consider waiting? A week or two?
How long do you think it takes a major manufacturer to produce lowers?

Go back and re-read my OP.

No I consider "waiting" to be months. A week or two is normal order processing time for some companies as they may need to order something that they may not stock or have run out of.

Demand is outstripping supply of AR receivers, so believe it. Have you checked what the backorder time is with any companies? I have and it ranges from 2 to 10 months, not two weeks. If it turns out to be shorter, I'll be very happy.

How long to make? It takes a while and if any part of the supply chain to make them fails, the process is hindered. If they are making them at 500 a day per machine, plus all the other processes involved, the backorder times are very realistic with the volume/panic buying going on nationwide.

I'm getting two stripped lowers & uppers on a group buy on another forum. They'll be ordering about 300 lowers and 125 or so uppers.

Last edited:
From StagArms:

"Stag Arms is #1 in delivery in the AR industry.
Due to an increase over the past few weeks our normal 2-3 days has been pushed to 20-25 weeks. Some small parts and accessories orders are shipping in a week or two but please be patient as we do our best to get your orders out a quickly as we can."

Last edited by a moderator:
From StagArms:

"Stag Arms is #1 in delivery in the AR industry.
Due to an increase over the past few weeks our normal 2-3 days has been pushed to 20-25 weeks. Some small parts and accessories orders are shipping in a week or two but please be patient as we do our best to get your orders out a quickly as we can."

Wow. That is a hell of an increase. It sure doesn't sound like the buying frenzy has slowed down any.

One thing's for sure... they certainly can't argue that the AR isn't a rifle "in common use." At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if there are more AR-type rifles out there than any other civilian rifle model ever made.

One thing's for sure... they certainly can't argue that the AR isn't a rifle "in common use." At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if there are more AR-type rifles out there than any other civilian rifle model ever made.

I think that might be a pretty safe assumption.....along with the Ruger 10/22.

This week I was calling around for a complete upper half.
Stag - 20 weeks
Bushmaster - 3 to 5 months
YHM - May

Happened across one at Collectors yesterday [grin]

I was looking at expanding my weapons collection to pick up some AR's. Figure every armed man needs at least one!

However, I think I am going to sit and wait. Either the ban will come and the prices will go up a bit more. (They are already too high from what I have seen in my comparisons.) Or people are going to get surprised and realize that they wasted money stocking up and the prices are going to drop like a stone.

That's the nice thing about not feeling I MUST MUST MUST get the weapon. I can wait it out and not particularly care either way, saving me money! (Too high I won't buy, too low and might as well pick some up.)

I just came back from a local FFL, he had the M&P15ORC, New & Mass compliant for $1075. I bought mine (from a different local FFL) 4 days after the election for $835.

Do we have a little price gouging going on???

I just came back from a local FFL, he had the M&P15ORC, New & Mass compliant for $1075. I bought mine (from a different local FFL) 4 days after the election for $835.

Do we have a little price gouging going on???

Supply and Demand economics at work. He may have to have paid extra from the Distr. to get it etc.

Price gouging to me is $675 for a lower that usually goes for about $175ish.

It's not a firearm it's a tool.

A firearm is a tool, for use as a weapon.

These back orders are nothing new.

It took us how many months to get our NES receivers, before the panic?

Many of these guys are usually back ordered, mostly because they do runs of certain parts. If you miss the run, you have to wait. Not to mention no one wants to get stuck holding a big bag o' extra parts when the panic dies down.

Back
Top Bottom