Armslist FS post: Shady, Pussy or ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of the above.

mags aren't post-ban judging by the lack of ambi-notch, but i'm sure someone will be analyzing the height of the caliber marking soon enough to make a final determination. [rolleyes]

everyone posting about the mags deserves the flu and to be pouring liquid out of both holes simultaneously. i'm not a monster, so just one good round of it and you can bounce back--a 24 hour thing.

we're trying to have fun in here, GTFO with your MA paranoia. srsly.

you're doing god's work, sir. i didn't even get a response. [sad]

again, glock hasn't confirmed any of what you've posted as evidence that one would be in possession of an "illegal" magazine.

Okay, so don't educate anyone about illegal magazines. Let them find out when they get nailed for a felony count on each one of them and it costs them tens of thousands of dollars to keep from possibly going to jail. Excellent advice.

BTW, you were the first to mention the status of the Glock mags and then the first to complain about people discussing them. Ironic?

Agree, since I have been through those threads ad nauseum. There are still plenty of new gun owners that do not have a clue about Glock magazines or the threads, so I don't see anything wrong by providing them with some information and guidance that assists them in trying to identify pre- or post-ban Glock magazines. Is this not a gun forum where many people try to educate themselves on many other factors/gun issues that are also repetitive? Furthermore, if the threads were that effective, the issue wouldn't come up time and again, but some people either are too lazy to read them or do not have the knowledge that they exist. Sorry, but maybe my hangup comes from being an instructor that covers this issue with new students so that they don't end up with a felony count for each illegal magazine (as defined by MA law) that they possess.

The problem is most of this information is crap and not definitive. For example, not a single person has been able to prove to me, incontrovertibly, that every high marking FML mag that exists is definitely post-ban. There's a fair amount of evidence from deductive reasoning that shows this, but it is still firmly in the realm of not being exclusive. The best you can do is say "if you're afraid of your own shadow and a big pussy, just stick to U notch magazines, and everything else you have to make up your own mind on, because anything I can tell you on the issue is basically, at some level or another, hearsay, outside of the LE markings proscription. Even then we're going by the assertion that after a certain point way before the ban went into effect, Glock APPEARED to stop making shitty U-notch mags altogether.

If you're instructor you should be interested in giving people the tools to figure these things out on their own, rather than just spoon feeding them internet pablum.

-Mike

His screen name is Glockster. What are your credentials?

It doen't mean much, but the reason why I started using it is because we couldn't have any "gun-related" passwords on our work computers. So, they haven't figured it out that I modified Glock yet since I started with glockster1 and now I'm up to glockster78. [laugh]

BTW, you were the first to mention the status of the Glock mags and then the first to complain about people discussing them. Ironic?

supremely ironic, actually. however what you're posting is fearmongering bullshit.

His screen name is Glockster. What are your credentials?

[rofl] i shot a sig once.

If you're instructor you should be interested in giving people the tools to figure these things out on their own, rather than just spoon feeding them internet pablum.

this is exactly what i'm trying to say delivered far more eloquently.

The problem is most of this information is crap and not definitive. For example, not a single person has been able to prove to me, incontrovertibly, that every high marking FML mag that exists is definitely post-ban. There's a fair amount of evidence from deductive reasoning that shows this, but it is still firmly in the realm of not being exclusive. The best you can do is say "if you're afraid of your own shadow and a big pussy, just stick to U notch magazines, and everything else you have to make up your own mind on, because anything I can tell you on the issue is basically, at some level or another, hearsay, outside of the LE markings proscription. Even then we're going by the assertion that after a certain point way before the ban went into effect, Glock APPEARED to stop making shitty U-notch mags altogether.

-Mike

Well Mike, it's interesting that you know how and what I "spoonfeed" to my students. And I have stated before that not every high-marked Glock magazine is post-ban. I happen to collect Glock magazines for at least since 1992 and have a dozen or more pre-bans with high markings. As I responded to atilla, I guess you'd rather have students not be informed and end up with felonies and possible jail time. Again, excellent advice!

As I responded to atilla, I guess you'd rather have students not be informed and end up with felonies and possible jail time. Again, excellent advice!

all gun owners should be jailed and face summary execution myself included. guns are bad. felonies are worse than guns. gun-related felonies should be punishable by execution by the state.

srspost: can you cite any cases where any of the glock magazine was cited by either the prosecution or the defense?

i'll wait.

supremely ironic, actually. however what you're posting is fearmongering bullshit.

It's easy for you to say it since you live in NH.

You are quite right, it is wrong to educate people with regard to what may or may not not be legal. OTOH, if an instructor doesn't do it, then he/she isn't giving the student the information for what they paid for.

Yeah but even doing this is still mostly crap because there's no authoritative source on this info. We have a thread about this and it's mind numbing, because there's not source of authority for any of the information in it other than its a bunch of pics based on "hearsay from glock armorers and gun owners" and nothing from the factory itself. The only thing that's really incontrovertible is LE/Gov marked mags, as the ban required. It's kinda obvious those aren't legal, because the law said so. Anything else is based off assumptions created by educated guesses which may or may not be correct.

Maybe if there was a guideline from the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners (forensics experts) that'd be one thing. But there isn't... or at least nothing I've been able to find that is visible to the general public.

These aren't like AR-15 mags which sometimes have a date code stamped into them, etc.

-Mike

Although mostly true, Glock will confirm that the metal cut-out was done for the SF series of guns and those didn't exist until ~2006. Likewise the double indentation for the Gen 4 mag release on either side again the gun wasn't developed until after 2004, thus easily confirmed as post-ban.

I agree with the rest of what you stated. Any other Glock mag (other than LE/Mil marked) is pure speculation and with no support from the factory wrt status.

all gun owners should be jailed and face summary execution myself included. guns are bad. felonies are worse than guns. gun-related felonies should be punishable by execution by the state.

srspost: can you cite any cases where any of the glock magazine was cited by either the prosecution or the defense?

i'll wait.

Why wait? Bring a post-ban into MA and show it to the police. Let us know how you make out.

It's easy for you to say it since you live in NH.

and the reason i know all this about the magazines is because i once lived in MA.

Why wait? Bring a post-ban into MA and show it to the police. Let us know how you make out.

that's stupid. i figured you wouldn't come up with anything but i am disappointed you didn't even attempt to back up your position with any real data.

rHQ4aro.gif

No, atilla is bad-ass, so he will just throw in the cop's face and as him what he's going to do about it.

i will. i have.

pays to be friends with the guy.

your trolling is weak--but i've got all afternoon so if you want to continue i'm game.

post evidence to back up your claims of OMG ILLEGAL MAGZ or...

ED4Wg8u.jpg

Although mostly true, Glock will confirm that the metal cut-out was done for the SF series of guns and those didn't exist until ~2006. Likewise the double indentation for the Gen 4 mag release on either side again the gun wasn't developed until after 2004, thus easily confirmed as post-ban.

"metal cut out"? I haven't been able to figure out what that refers to.

If "metal cut out" didn't happen until '06, and "ambidextrous mag release" (double indentation) started at '04, does it follow that *all* "metal cut out" are a subset of "double indentation" and therefore post-ban?

If "metal cut out" didn't happen until '06, and "ambidextrous mag release" (double indentation) started at '04, does it follow that *all* "metal cut out" are a subset of "double indentation" and therefore post-ban?

fearmongers say yes.

glock says "whatever".

(90% of) MA cops go "what?"

i will. i have.

pays to be friends with the guy.

your trolling is weak--but i've got all afternoon so if you want to continue i'm game.

post evidence to back up your claims of OMG ILLEGAL MAGZ or...

ED4Wg8u.jpg

Half the shit you post is childish. You're not friends with my COP, so come on down with your post-ban mag and I'll introduce you to him since you are free all afternoon (at least until you shove the post-ban mag in his face). And I won't STFU!

Half the shit you post is childish. You're not friends with my COP, so come on down with your post-ban mag and I'll introduce you to him since you are free all afternoon (at least until you shove the post-ban mag in his face). And I won't STFU!

[rofl] now you're gonna turn me in to your CLEO that you're butt-buddies with?

hey everyone look at this guy! he's gonna drop a dime on you for trivial malum prohibitum bullshit!

you just slammed yourself worse than i ever could, bruh. now everyone knows you've got no qualms about turning other MA gun owners into the cops.

i can't even right now.

2KDvIMD.jpg

Milktree, you asked Len the question, so I will let him answer it. However, I will give you a rep point for proving what I stated that this is a forum to educate people, and you are looking for clarification. It's not a knock against you - it's the damn complicated MA gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

[rofl] now you're gonna turn me in to your CLEO that you're butt-buddies with?

hey everyone look at this guy! he's gonna drop a dime on you for trivial malum prohibitum bullshit!

you just slammed yourself worse than i ever could, bruh. now everyone knows you've got no qualms about turning other MA gun owners into the cops.

i can't even right now.

2KDvIMD.jpg

Apparently, reading comprehension is a problem for you. You had the balls to state that you have done it, so let's see you do it again, or are you afraid? Like I said, most of the stuff you post is childish.

Milktree, you asked Len the question, so I will let him answer it. However, I will give you a rep point for proving what I stated that this is a forum to educate people, and you are looking for clarification. It's not a knock against you - it's the damn complicated MA gun laws.

milktree don't answer him dude, he's on the phone with his CLEO and he's gonna invite you over for a beer where the guy will be waiting in the bushes to tase you, beat you, and then inspect your glock mags.

QYQPpk3.gif

Apparently, reading comprehension is a problem for you. You had the balls to state that you have done it, so let's see you do it again, or are you afraid?

Last edited by a moderator:
milktree don't answer him dude, he's on the phone with his CLEO and he's gonna invite you over for a beer where the guy will be waiting in the bushes to tase you, beat you, and then inspect your glock mags.

QYQPpk3.gif

Beer bottle is a high cap feeding device in mass. Felon ... meet felon!

QYQPpk3.gif

You really do have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't ask milktree to ask me anything, and slow down with your posts, because I can't keep my CLEO informed as fast. Dope!

You really do have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't ask milktree to ask me anything, and slow down with your posts, because I can't keep my CLEO informed as fast. Dope!

you didn't even watch the video.

it's funny and you probably would have laughed.

you're no fun, first you want to drop the dime on other gun owners because you're some sort of sicko, and then you don't even watch funny videos.

son, i am disappoint.

you didn't even watch the video.

it's funny and you probably would have laughed.

you're no fun, first you want to drop the dime on other gun owners because you're some sort of sicko, and then you don't even watch funny videos.

son, i am disappoint.

I don't know what you're smoking, but it's not helping you engage in a rational discussion.

I don't know what you're smoking, but it's not helping you engage in a rational discussion.

read over your post where you want me to meet your CLEO. go look at yourself in the mirror. go right now.

you actually want to see a gun owner in MA jammed up over bullshit malum prohibitum laws.

you'll notice something strange with your reflection... what's that? congratulations, you're an enemy of MA gun owners.

cheers. [cheers]

Nice. I picked the right thread to read through while eating lunch.

i told him i had all afternoon, i ain't shittin'. [laugh]

OK, just logged into NES to find this thread at the top of stack. WTF?

As the OP, I anoint anyone trying to "educate" NES'ers of the legality of magazine ACotD - "Ass Clown of the Day", and propose that we start a new, daily updated sticky thread naming and public shaming the ACotD accordingly.

read over your post where you want me to meet your CLEO. go look at yourself in the mirror. go right now.

you actually want to see a gun owner in MA jammed up over bullshit malum prohibitum laws.

you'll notice something strange with your reflection... what's that? congratulations, you're an enemy of MA gun owners.

cheers. [cheers]

i told him i had all afternoon, i ain't shittin'. [laugh]

Read your own crap. You said that you have thrown a post-ban mag in a cops face, apparently when you lived in MA. Obviously, your "fearmongering" prevents you from doing it again. Face it atilla, once you started with the name calling and posts that I'm going to dime someone out (things that liberals do), it's clear that you lost the argument. Nice that you outed yourself as a progressive liberal.

OK, just logged into NES to find this thread at the top of stack. WTF?

As the OP, I anoint anyone trying to "educate" NES'ers of the legality of magazine ACotD - "Ass Clown of the Day", and propose that we start a new, daily updated sticky thread naming and public shaming the ACotD accordingly.

OP is a...

...pretty cool guy. [cheers]

Read your own crap. You said that you have thrown a post-ban mag in a cops face, apparently when you lived in MA. Obviously, your "fearmongering" prevents you from doing it again. Face it atilla, once you started with the name calling and posts that I'm going to dime someone out (things that liberals do), it's clear that you lost the argument. Nice that you outed yourself as a progressive liberal.

[laugh] you're like the second dude in a month to say that. maybe the hillary sticker on my car is a dead giveaway.

bruh, know why i did that in MA? because i was drinking with friends who are good people. people who know bullshit when they see it, and would never consider ruining someone's life over a non-issue.

people like you? salivating at the idea of me getting my poop chute stretched over, and let me state again "a bullshit malum prohibitum law"--you're bad people. so are your LEO buddies who'd happily jam someone up and **** their life in half over a piece of metal and polymer.

maybe i'm a progressive liberal in your eyes, but you're an enemy of MA gun owners. ALL gun owners in fact. you have not only zero problem with the MA laws, but you're all hot to see someone jammed up over them.

ebola in libera? genocide in darfur? the firebombing of dresden? you're literally worse than all three of those things. combined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom