Armslist FS post: Shady, Pussy or ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inquired about the gun. $385 would be a pretty good price. I got a response within minutes:

Hello, I am writing you in regards of my ad on armslist indicating your interest in my Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags .This is Located in Boston . I will love to make this via ffl . contact my ffl on [email protected] for this sales and transfer,please indicate you are writing in respect of Michaelle Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags .

Thanks

Michaelle .

Definitely a Nigerian Prince. Or Princess?

Anyone else notice he says he's the first and only owner of the firearm but it was only purchased 5 months ago? Hasn't Gen3 of the Glock 19 not been made in years? I'm not a glock expert but the Gen 4's were out at least 5-6 years ago I thought.

So... how'd he find a NIB Gen 3 Glock 19 in May of this year?

Nevermind, didn't realize they still sell the Gen 3 G19, not big on glocks... :).

Yup, especially with that Email address and his name isn't Americanized that is for sure. Pawn shops can not deal in guns in MA, they made it illegal many years ago, so that is a give-away even if everything else looked kosher (which it certainly doesn't).

If your comment is based on high caliber markings, then you must have more expertise than Glock's General Counsel and lead technician, plus Patrick Sweeney (author of Glock book) and myself. My hat is off to you if that is the case.

On the other hand if you can view that pic well enough to discern the center cut-out . . . if it is there, then you are correct and that is what I stated in a prior post.

No, it has nothing to do with the high markings as I have other caliber Glock pre-ban mags with high markings. I can barely see the center cutout even after enlarging and changing the lighting of the photo. The determining factor was comparing my G19 mags (pre and post). All the high marking pre-bans I have still have the shoulder, whereas I have never seen a post ban standard mag with a shoulder.

In addition, all the pre-ban square notch have exactly that, a square notch. In the post ban standard mags, the metal sides of the "square notch" are slightly angled as shown in the Armslist photo #2. There will be rare exceptions but these are post ban.

BTW, I have read both editions of Patrick's book.

Last edited:
Scammer. They usually never put a town, just "Massachusetts, Massachusetts". They can't be bothered to do some actual research. Also, the price does not come close to reflecting local prices. That price makes sense for people picking up gen 3's at normal $500-600 prices. Lastly, most people have a U-notch or a low-mark square magazine. This guy doesn't even mention anything about pre-ban mags.

95% certain it's a money-order scam.

This photo, which has been posted in this forum before shows the lack of a shoulder and angled square notch in post bans that I discussed in post #35.

G17mags-numbered.jpg

I sent him an email just for fun.

This is what I got back. A google search of that email turns up nothing.

Help me to F$%K with this guy. I need ideas.

Hello, I am writing you in regards of my ad on armslist indicating your interest in my Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags .This is Located in Boston . I will love to make this via ffl . contact my ffl on [email protected] for this sales and transfer,please indicate you are writing in respect of Michaelle Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags . the mag is 10
Thanks

I just sent this to his ff.'s email address

Dear Sirs,

I am interested in buying a Glock 19 that Michael Thayer has for $385.

Please let me know what the next steps are.
Where are you located?

Don

balls-in-purse.jpg

I just sent this to his ff.'s email address

Dear Sirs,

I am interested in buying a Glock 19 that Michael Thayer has for $385.

Please let me know what the next steps are.
Where are you located?

Don

Hah, that'd be funny if it were actually legitimate. Looks like you got a G19.

Doesn't matter how hot she is. Somebody somewhere is sick of her shit

That reminds me of that quotation, "Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a guy who's tired of f*cking her." Think it came from the movie Perfect Strangers.

I just got this:

Hello , I got your mail about buying Michaelle's Glock 19 Gen 3 . this is the process i will accept $10 for shipping and the gun is for $385 which bring the total to $395 . I will Accept usps Money order as payment method . when you mail it out to me you will email me photo of money order and usps tracking number .Also send me your ffl Info .

Below is my Name and Address to mail payment to me

Name : JOHN W. GRIFFIN
Address : 20 NEWHALL ST. BOSTON,MA. 02122-2337

Confirm you got this mail .

GRIFFIN .

So this is 20 Newhall St, Boston. Does anyone know anything about this neighborhood.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.288...321dX3TWVNgBNW3Xbw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I replied with this. I'm guessing he goes silent.

That is fine. Are you ok shipping it to my department. As a police officer, my department can transfer the gun directly to me?

Can you send me a copy of your FFL.

I'll get the money order tomorrow.

Thanks,

Don

there are many posts on armslist that sound too-good-to-be-true because they are exactly that.

i'm told that many of these posts are phishing scams to obtain buyer information. would stay the **** away.

I just got this:

Hello , I got your mail about buying Michaelle's Glock 19 Gen 3 . this is the process i will accept $10 for shipping and the gun is for $385 which bring the total to $395 . I will Accept usps Money order as payment method . when you mail it out to me you will email me photo of money order and usps tracking number .Also send me your ffl Info .

GRIFFIN .

So this is 20 Newhall St, Boston. Does anyone know anything about this neighborhood.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.288...321dX3TWVNgBNW3Xbw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

That is fine. Are you ok shipping it to my department. As a police officer, my department can transfer the gun directly to me?

Thanks,

Don

Ha. I actually do know that neighborhood. It's in the Ashmont area of Dorchester. A couple minutes from Neponset circle.

I've walked past that house in the street view pic hundreds of times. The email says 20 newhall but the google map says 18 though. I'd have to look and see what that house's actual street address is...

AA

Mag is post ban due to the fact that is has an ambi notch (SF type) that is visible in the mag in the right of the photo.

It also has the "beveled" angles on the sides near the top of the mag. Those bevels only existed on LEO mags, 10 round mags during the ban, and "high caps" (really standard capacity) mags that were made after the LEO mags came into existence and after the ban ended.

Regarding the gun:

I bet if 10 people send an email to this guy and say they want it- he will promise to accept your funds and sell it to all of you.

Why don't you tell him to have his FFL send his license to you by email or get a name of the FFL.

"...email me a photo of money order."

I think we have a winner here. IIRC, scammers can do some trickery where they get the MTCN and can cash it without actually having the physical money order. Is this true?

I'd love to see what his response is to sending it to your PD. This promises to be good.

OK. So I was thinking that he must be at that address, which woudl be stupid.

But then I realized, he can do something with the photo of the money order and the address is fake.

I'm thinking the PD thing scared him away.

There is NO FFL by that name in Dorchester and Boston allegedly doesn't have any active FFLs anymore (told to me by former owner of B&G? in Hyde Park).

Ask for the FFL # to run thru E-Z Check. That'll sink his ship too.

I got this responce from "him".
Hello, I am writing you in regards of my ad on armslist indicating your interest in my Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags .This is Located in Boston . I will love to make this via ffl . contact my ffl on [email protected] for this sales and transfer,please indicate you are writing in respect of Michaelle Glock 19 Gen 3 Package w/ 2 extra mags .

Thanks

Michaelle .

Personally i believe it reaks of skam.

Ask for his FFLs number like Len said but make sure you write it in the Captain Kirk type diction as he is writing to you. Don't forget to include the obligatory random periods and commas.

I got this responce from "him".

Thanks

Michaelle .

Personally i believe it reaks of skam.
Really wow why? I planned on mailing my MO tomorrow, so if anyone else is trying to get it first you better be in lie at the post office in the AM.

Wow. I just dealt with this scumbag on a different firearm. Said he was Michaelle's uncle (and a retired cop) and used a different email, name and address (Haverhill). I asked to do a FTF transaction and he said he would only ship after he received the money order (and also asked for a photo of the MO). I offered to drive to him and he refused. Finally I suggested he send me the gun and I would then send him the MO. So he said I could only send him half and the remainder after I receive we the gun (which he said was ok to ship directly to me). Nice of him to only rip me off for half of what he was trying for!

I dealt with him too and he also used Haverhill. Didn't get as far as getting an actual address as I bailed out when he wouldn't do a FTF sale. It was for a Glock 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why would anyone think this is an ATF "trap"?

nothing in the ad sound illegal, and at worst the mags MAY be a Mass violation, not something the ATF would run a trap on.

obviously a scam, but nothing illegal suggested there

everyone posting about the mags deserves the flu and to be pouring liquid out of both holes simultaneously. i'm not a monster, so just one good round of it and you can bounce back--a 24 hour thing.

we're trying to have fun in here, GTFO with your MA paranoia. srsly.

I just got this:

GRIFFIN .

Thanks,

Don

you're doing god's work, sir. i didn't even get a response. [sad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom