Armalite shoots self in foot.

glock has made no false representations of its stance for us to rip apart

glock has already tried to go way out of its way to make the MA AG happy. MA AG said "**** you, i dont care" and glock gave up.

the glock BS is back door gun control. nothing less.

glock has already tried to go way out of its way to make the MA AG happy. MA AG said "**** you, i dont care" and glock gave up.

the glock BS is back door gun control. nothing less.

I don't think I'd go that far re: back door gun control but I would add that Colt disappeared off the landscape in Mass as did HK, Kimber, and a few others. Do I think Armalite screwed the pooch with the statement? Yes.

I don't think I'd go that far re: back door gun control but I would add that Colt disappeared off the landscape in Mass as did HK, Kimber, and a few others. Do I think Armalite screwed the pooch with the statement? Yes.

they made the trigger higher than the required weight without a safety. that wasnt good enough, even though that was the rule. You can buy a piece of shit M&P with a 400lbs trigger with no saftey, but you can buy a Glock with a NY trigger in it.

then they started being gay about the loaded trigger indicator.

Ah, excellent - a response from one of head Koolaid mixers at NES. I sure wish I lived in the same world you do where everything is good or bad, black or white, you're either for us or against us, rah, rah, rah, AMERICA EFFIN-A RIGHT YEEHAW. But, unfortunately for me, I recognize that things aren't quite that simple, so I have to actually use my brain and think about what it going on rather than just loudly yell about what an injustice is being done by a shitty little company nobody has really been doing business with for 20 years anyway.

By all means, take a ridiculous for us or against us approach that will end up turning people away from the 2A cause. That's exactly what the antis would love - idiots with megaphones taking hardline stances that turn those in the middle away from us. Alienating manufacturers and hoping they go out of business - that's ****ing retarded. Are you sure you didn't get that viewpoint from the Brady Campaign?

Man, is there a modern "liberal" that doesn't regard themselves as the smartest person in every room they walk into? All my "liberal" cousins are the same way, a dangerous mixture of arrogance and ignorance.

they made the trigger higher than the required weight without a safety. that wasnt good enough, even though that was the rule. You can buy a piece of shit M&P with a 400lbs trigger with no saftey, but you can buy a Glock with a NY trigger in it.

then they started being gay about the loaded trigger indicator.

Don't forget the dots in the frame that are visible when you remove the ejector housing. If a LE agency forwards a digital photo of the dot pattern to Glock, Glock will reply with the serial number.

The difference when the dust settles is Glock said nothing, and Armalite released a bunch of shitty, confusing statements on their position to their customers, instead of just saying. "Sorry, our sales representative acted out of turn and his position in no way reflects the official position of Armalite on this issue" . Then they could have just done like a Stephen J Cannell productions or MARK FIVE productions (or whatever that 50s thing was) and stamped the end of that shit, but instead, they started a shitstorm.

-Mike

I agree... dont say ANYTHING unless your ready to own it when you do...

The difference when the dust settles is Glock said nothing, and Armalite released a bunch of shitty, confusing statements on their position to their customers, instead of just saying. "Sorry, our sales representative acted out of turn and his position in no way reflects the official position of Armalite on this issue" . Then they could have just done like a Stephen J Cannell productions or MARK FIVE productions (or whatever that 50s thing was) and stamped the end of that shit, but instead, they started a shitstorm.

-Mike

Mike, at the risk of having this post buried in Dench and Atilla's assclown follow up posts, I would seriously like to see if I understand you correctly.

When Glock continues to sell to LEO in MA, even though it is illegal for dealers to sell new Glocks in MA (I am fully aware there are ways around this, but the bottom line is Glocks are not MA Compliant and any dealer selling them is taking a risk - if they weren't, we wouldn't be afraid to post their names here). Armalite has similar pratices.

The major difference between the two companies seems to be that Armalite released a couple of numbnuts statements while Glock (and many others, Colt included) does exactly the same things in practice, but just keep their mouths shut about it? I really don't see how that is a big improvement.

ETA - Actions are more important than words (or lack thereof, in this case). If you want to be pissed at Armalite, I don't see how you can support Glock.

it's not illegal ... it's a civil penalty to dealers.
Just like it's not illegal to posess less than an ounce of marijuana in ma, just a civil penalty.

307470_562514543760899_1969960137_n.jpg

Now thats a statement.

That's what illegal means. It might not be a felony, but it is illegal.

Have you checked what IS legal in this state? That list is much shorter. Who really cares as all they want is power and money. Guess what if they have the power and your giving them the money do you really think they give a shit? Then again as a democrat you probably think they do[sad2]

When Glock continues to sell to LEO in MA, even though it is illegal for dealers to sell new Glocks in MA (I am fully aware there are ways around this, but the bottom line is Glocks are not MA Compliant and any dealer selling them is taking a risk - if they weren't, we wouldn't be afraid to post their names here). Armalite has similar pratices.

There's a big difference between handgun compliance and an outright ban. Armalite is squaring off against a possession ban, not some "it is illegal to sell a mattress without a tag on it" shit that Glock is dealing with. Not even the same ballgame.

Glock selling to individual LEOs in MA has trickle down fringe benefits to non LE in MA, I'll leave it at that. Glock did this on purpose. They also wasted THOUSANDS of dollars trying to get their stuff CMR940 compliant- a lot of manufacturers can't even be bothered to try. If Glock didn't put their guns on the roster and ignored MA much in the way springfield does, there would be a lot less Glocks for non LE to buy in MA. So their attempts to comply with the BS regulations still have produced serious fringe benefits for MA firearm consumers.

The major difference between the two companies seems to be that Armalite released a couple of numbnuts statements while Glock (and many others, Colt included) does exactly the same things in practice, but just keep their mouths shut about it? I really don't see how that is a big improvement.

It's an improvement because confusing the shit out of people is always worse than saying nothing, in these kinds of situations. If you don't see and understand how that works, I can't help you much....

-Mike

Armalite clarifies ban state sales policy

From ArmaLite Inc

In the last week ArmaLite has been asked whether we would refuse to sell firearms to New York State in reaction to the legislature’s surprise passage of the most restrictive firearm regulations in the country. Some think that we intend to continue sales of our firearms to the governments of New York and other states that restrict their citizens from owning similar arms. This is not true.

I have owned ArmaLite for almost two decades. During the first half of that time citizens were subjected to a ban that restricted ownership of legally made firearms and magazines. It was during this time that I initiated a policy that ArmaLite would not sell to a state government that denied ownership of our firearms to the honorable citizens of that State. This statement is still in force today.

In addition, we similarly embargo shipments to local governments that propose or do the same.

When I was a police officer I was required to purchase my own firearms. The same is true of many officers today. It appears that the majority of our rifles used by police officers were purchased by the officers themselves. I will not abandon them because of the actions of their State legislators. We’ve seen that rank and file Officers overwhelmingly support our position. And many County Sheriffs and Department Chiefs have declared that they will not enforce a law they see as unconstitutional. I will support them to the extent allowed by law.

My efforts to secure our Second Amendment rights extend far beyond this policy to active defense of our industry and rights. I have been strongly involved in Illinois gun ownership legislative efforts. For the past five years I have attended Arms Trade Treaty and International Small Arms Control Standard (ISACS) sessions at the United nations in New York and Geneva, Switzerland. For many of these sessions I have been the sole industry representative present. The point is that ArmaLite is strongly committed to our Second Amendment rights, and that my policy to support friendly police officers and agencies is not in conflict with my principles.

Today, some of our friends in the industry and the public wish ArmaLite to simply refuse to ship any firearms into States that don’t allow their citizens to own the same arms. For some it’s become a simple litmus test. But that position really doesn’t do justice to the Officers and other officials who are on our side.

I thank those of you who understand our principle of refusing to sell to agencies that support violating our Second Amendment rights while supporting the rank and file who publicly support us all. May we all unite together and fight to protect every law-abiding citizen’s right to own a firearm in America.

Mark A. Westrom
President

No matter how many times they "clarify" their statement, it still says the same thing, they don't give a **** about citizens just their .gov golden eggs.

Back
Top Bottom