Armalite shoots self in foot.

I would fire the sales guy in a heartbeat. It's his job to make sales. Not give his opinion to anyone, especially customers.

He's probably unfirable. [rofl] NES members collectively, probably have built more rifles in a quarter than Armalite probably makes in a year. That is how rarely I see any of their product... anywhere. I'm surprised they're still even in business.

-Mike

BTW, I hope none of you whiners in this thread own a Glock.

Why, where's the equally shitty response from Glock that is an analog to what the DB from Armalite stated?

Not only that, but the situations are not nearly as paralell between the two companies. A company like Glock may not be able, economically, to deal with shitting where they mostly eat. A company producing AR-15s, on the other hand, unless they have a big FedGov contract, can probably be able to afford throwing anti state LE agencies under the bus, and take a stand without taking too big of a hit.

Glock's product is also not nearly as threatened as Armalite's is, yet. So they don't have nearly the same level of skin in the game as a company who mostly sells AR's to non LEOs.

-Mike

BTW, I hope none of you whiners in this thread own a Glock.

I own one, and soon will sell it once I can buy/make Glock frame from somewhere else. It will happen.

I don't think that Glock gives a shit about 2a, I like the design, not the man. That man will not be getting more money from me. American companies with a set of balls that make aftermarket things for Glock like slides etc. will.

Why, where's the equally shitty response from Glock that is an analog to what the DB from Armalite stated?

Not only that, but the situations are not nearly as paralell between the two companies. A company like Glock may not be able, economically, to deal with shitting where they mostly eat. A company producing AR-15s, on the other hand, unless they have a big FedGov contract, can probably be able to afford throwing anti state LE agencies under the bus, and take a stand without taking too big of a hit.

Glock's product is also not nearly as threatened as Armalite's is, yet. So they don't have nearly the same level of skin in the game as a company who mostly sells AR's to non LEOs.

-Mike
So because Glock is more threatened financially if they stop selling to LEO, they get a pass?

Also, Armalite "infringed" on your 2A rights? I'd love to hear your explanation for that.
Your party did. They're just a symptom of the disease.
I mean you're in good company, so did the Repubs, but you guys are at a race to the bottom wrt ****ing over us normal people. Boy was I in a cranky mood this morning!

You're a turncoat though, as you can't support the free ownership of arms while also supporting that party of controllers and assassins of liberty.

I'm going to apologize though, I shouldn't have said you were polishing Pelosi's knob, she's gross. You're still one of the worst assets the antis have against the rest of the country. You actually think, and promote that we should in any way compromise with them. Now that I have some breakfast whisky in me, I'm a little less bombastic.

As for kool-aid, I can offer you three flavor:
Russian Standard Kumquat
Blackberry
Almond and Bourbon

Glocks are legal to own, even in New York.
Could you point me to the store in Massachusetts where I can buy a new Glock? Because I haven't been able to find such a store.

If you're trying to play semantics and it's the "legal to own" well, ARs are legal to own, too, regardless of who built them.

Which is it, guys? Are we boycotting and talking crap about companies that restrict/comply with laws restricting sales to civilians but not LEOs across the board or should I come here and find out which companies, specifically, we are choosing to be upset with? I thought this was a "with us or against us" mentality? Where you at, Davemata?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to apologize though, I shouldn't have said you were polishing Pelosi's knob, she's gross. You're still one of the worst assets the antis have against the rest of the country. You actually think, and promote that we should in any way compromise with them. Now that I have some breakfast whisky in me, I'm a little less bombastic.
Please, elucidate for the masses here. Where and when did I promote compromising with the antis? By suggesting that trying to drive a manufacturer out of business plays into their hands?

So because Glock is more threatened financially if they stop selling to LEO, they get a pass?
It's not the same.

Glocks aren't "Assault rifles with the shoulder thing that goes up" and aren't being banned out from under people's hands right now. When the government starts going after their ability to make I buck, I'd expect to see some squawking, yeah.

Where and when did I promote compromising with the antis?
By suggesting at any time that modern liberalism and the democratic party were in any way good for anyone. The whole idea that you call yourself a well armed democrat is so counterproductive that it boggles the mind. You are armed, that's great, but you are then standing up for a party who demonizes and wants to disarm you. So through association and statement you promote their agenda which is in and of itself a compromise if you are in fact, as you say... well armed. Then again, we even have different versions of well armed. For all I know, you may believe a trap gun is well armed. I don't know, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Your whole self promotion that you are a democrat signals your intent and agreement with compromising with them. Which makes you either competely inconsistent, or you're a member of what is, or will be a protected class should Feinschwein get her way.

Typical D trying to get other's to do work he should be doing himself.

Get off your ass and find one yourself, shit aint rocket science.
You do realize that my point was that you can't buy a new Glock in Massachusetts, right? Unless I am wrong, Glocks are non-compliant with either one or both of the Mass compliant lists and so us peons are not allowed to purchase a new Glock in MA. If I am wrong, please tell me. But I'm not, am I.

Glock sells only to LEOs in MA, not private citizens. Boyocott, boycott, boycott!!!! I'll start the Glock bonfire in my back yard tonight - we can cook marshmallows over the acrid plastic smoke from the crappy, overpriced junk!

Not giving anyone a pass, but just trying to offer an explanation for their silence. And Armalite would be unaffected, too, if they said nothing. Saying nothing is better than saying something that's retarded.

The whole point of these companies is to make money. My point is that Glock shitting on LE is shitting where they eat. For a company like armalite, if they took that position, wouldn't be as agressive.

Some of the pro gun response to this is retarded- their "we still sell to individual LE" crap is being misinterpreted, but if Armalite never said it to begin with, it wouldn't be causing a problem. Thinking critically, its not like they would ask "Hey are you a cop?" when buying a rifle as an individual, unless there is some kind of discount progam in play.

The problem with Armalites statement is that it's about as clear as mud. It's like saying- "Oh, well, we will not ever sell to
terrorists. Unless they're off duty. Then we support terrorists, you know, as individuals!" they like hit themselves in the
face with a shovel with that one. I see what they were trying to do, when you read between the lines, but most people
won't see that- and they were better off saying NOTHING to begin with than that.

Then again, in the words of Carl Bratananawski, "What am I saying, none of this matters...." Because armalite doesn't make much, anymore. Boycott them, or don't... nobody will notice.. [rofl]

-Mike

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically glock will sell it to anyone ... it's your FFL that wont transfer it to you for fear of reprisal from the AG.
The new york safe act on the other hand makes hundreds of firearms outright illegal to possess (primarily AR type weapons). There's a difference.

You do realize that my point was that you can't buy a new Glock in Massachusetts, right?

Glock at least spends thousands of dollars every year making their guns less at least EOPS compliant, so that more can get in through the blockade. They also spent thousands of dollars trying to make their guns CMR940 compliant. It isn't their fault whether or not you can buy one of their guns here from a dealer.
There are ways, BTW, but nobody here is gonna share that with you, either. [rofl]

We all know you're going to bray "distinction without a difference" but there is a huge difference between being "illegal to own" and "illegal for a dealer to transfer/sell". Even with the CMR940 shit in place, Glocks are still one of the top brands in MA, like it or not... new used and otherwise. Not every knucklehead is out there paying $700 for Gen2s.

-Mike

By suggesting at any time that modern liberalism and the democratic party were in any way good for anyone. The whole idea that you call yourself a well armed democrat is so counterproductive that it boggles the mind. You are armed, that's great, but you are then standing up for a party who demonizes and wants to disarm you. So through association and statement you promote their agenda which is in and of itself a compromise if you are in fact, as you say... well armed. Then again, we even have different versions of well armed. For all I know, you may believe a trap gun is well armed. I don't know, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Your whole self promotion that you are a democrat signals your intent and agreement with compromising with them. Which makes you either competely inconsistent, or you're a member of what is, or will be a protected class should Feinschwein get her way.

Oh, I didn't realize you had abruptly shifted your argument away from the topic of this thread and went straight to attacking my political beliefs in general.

But if you must know, I do stand up to the Democratic party on 2A issues. With phone calls and emails and being public about being pro2A and a Democrat. The Democratic party is wrong on its stance on 2A - flat out wrong. However, the Republican party is wrong on just about everything else. And for all the noise and panic that's been created about gun control since Newtown, you'll notice where it appears to actually be headed right now: nowhere. There isn't going to be sweeping changes. Not much is going to happen at all, and anything that does happen will do so with the help of the GOP, since they control the House. If you can't rely on the GOP to block dumb gun laws when they actually control the House, why should I support them anyway?

But that's all smoke and mirrors designed to change the subject at hand, which is that you want me to pick and choose which companies to boycott or whatever.

Do you own a Glock?

Where and when did I promote compromising with the antis?
Read this. Now you're playing surprised princess that I did a drill down on the failure of your beliefs? You can't be both dude, which means you are not pro-2a.

This is really elementary stuff.

As for Glock, not yet, but you are pushing me towards buying a new one today. I just wish they were made in Germany.

Glock at least spends thousands of dollars every year making their guns less at least EOPS compliant, so that more can get in through the blockade. They also spent thousands of dollars trying to make their guns CMR940 compliant. It isn't their fault whether or not you can buy one of their guns here from a dealer.
There are ways, BTW, but nobody here is gonna share that with you, either. [rofl]

We all know you're going to bray "distinction without a difference" but there is a huge difference between being "illegal to own" and "illegal for a dealer to transfer/sell". Even with the CMR940 shit in place, Glocks are still one of the top brands in MA, like it or not... new used and otherwise. Not every knucklehead is out there paying $700 for Gen2s.

-Mike
I'm glad you anticipated my counter-argument. And I still feel it's a semantic game designed to allow people to feel morally superior for boycotting Armalite which nobody buys anyway and not have to give up precious Glocks. It's a way to feel like you're pro-2A without actually accomplishing anything.

This from an anti supporter. Boy oh boy.

dave, he owns guns.

he tells the people he votes for "gunz are good1" and then they say "suck a dick" and he votes for them the next election anyway.

smart guy.

he does make wicked boring, drawn out posts that go nowhere really well. maybe we should have him be a writer on the walking dead?

I'm glad you anticipated my counter-argument. And I still feel it's a semantic game designed to allow people to feel morally superior for boycotting Armalite which nobody buys anyway and not have to give up precious Glocks. It's a way to feel like you're pro-2A without actually accomplishing anything.

if glock released a statement saying i wasn't worthy to own their firearms as a mere civilian and that they hated the second amendment i would pile mine in a great big pile, take a shit on that pile, pour gas on that pile, and light that bitch up.

my loyalty is to lady liberty (see sig line), not to a firearms manufacturer.

**** armalite.
dave, he owns guns.

he tells the people he votes for "gunz are good1" and then they say "suck a dick" and he votes for them the next election anyway.

smart guy.

he does make wicked boring, drawn out posts that go nowhere really well. maybe we should have him be a writer on the walking dead?

zing. he limp-wrists like rick on the show.

toodle-ooooo!

Not giving anyone a pass, but just trying to offer an explanation for their silence. And Armalite would be unaffected, too, if they said nothing. Saying nothing is better than saying something that's retarded.

this was my whole point, they shot themselves in the foot and tried to doublespeak their way out of it

dave, he owns guns.

smart guy.

Yeah I know he owns them, what he owns, I don't know but it better not be just fuddy shit. He supports those who tell him to suck a dick, and he does it happily. He must enjoy abusive relationships, since that's what he chooses when he affiliates with them.

quick, lets call him a homosexual in a negative, hateful way and watch him write a blog about it [rofl]

[rofl]

dear diary,

since swearing off call of duty: black ops 2 (CoDBLOPS2) due to what sounded like a seven-year-old calling me a "fag" i have taken to trolling an online message board called northeast shooters. recently they also called me a "fag" and this disturbs me on several levels which i will go into great detail about... i will however write this post entirely using farts and my dragon (tm) naturally speaking program.

frrp fart frrrrrrrrrrrp flap flap faaaaart.

The difference when the dust settles is Glock said nothing, and Armalite released a bunch of shitty, confusing statements on their position to their customers, instead of just saying. "Sorry, our sales representative acted out of turn and his position in no way reflects the official position of Armalite on this issue" . Then they could have just done like a Stephen J Cannell productions or MARK FIVE productions (or whatever that 50s thing was) and stamped the end of that shit, but instead, they started a shitstorm.

-Mike

Last edited:
[rofl]

dear diary,

since swearing off call of duty: black ops 2 (CoDBLOPS2) due to what sounded like a seven-year-old calling me a "fag" i have taken to trolling an online message board called northeast shooters. recently they also called me a "fag" and this disturbs me on several levels which i will go into great detail about... i will however write this post entirely using farts and my dragon (tm) naturally speaking program.

frrp fart frrrrrrrrrrrp flap flap faaaaart.

omg'z so I was to busy on strike at the fire department so i, like had some down time. I went 2 da gun store and the dude working there told me we cant buy glocks. like, i didnt bother to ask anyone else or call other shops.

LIKE OMG"Z I CANT HAZ NEW GLOCKS?

then I's went on the intertubes to gun forum and told people i haz guns, but I'z want to tax the shit out of you at gun point and vote 4 pepol who say no gunz 4 u.

& dey said i waz a fag! I NOZ FAG!

Back
Top Bottom