Armalite shoots self in foot.

If , and that is a big IF, this AWB and magazine capacity crap goes down in flames folks will all to soon forget this response by the company and buy from them.Just MHO.

That's it - if Armalite does cut off LEO's and governments, they will easily find replacement manufacturers and never come back. Civilians, on the other hand will gladly forget everything that happened if the proposed AWB dies, and the price is right.

So who do you piss off? The ones that will come back anyway (civilians) or the ones that won't (LEO/government)?

Although I understand the business logic, I still don't support it or them. Plenty of other fish in the sea. Screw Armalite.

who the **** cares ... They are arming tyrannical government when they sell to these people... Stop selling to Anti-2A governments ... PERIOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like their facebook page went offline... Some companies need a business lesson... I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

This. That Armalite doublespeak douchebag reply is a pointless waste of pixels.

I'd like an Armalite. I have been checking their website on and off for maybe 7 years. I don't think they have ever had anything in stock.

Seriously. I thought maybe it was like a 6 man company , with an old name.

No kidding. In 5 years of civilian shooting and shopping, I have never once seen one of their rifles for sale. Not in MA, the rest of New England or on gunbroker.

They are such a small operation they cant keep up in none panic times.

Unless it's a big manufacturer, it's not going to be effective... If glock, S&W, ruger stop supplying LEOs. Then there will be consequences. What are they going to do, re-train the entire state of NY police forces on a new handgun? Thats not cheap or easy for the state. Cuomo then has to justify spending millions to re-outfit everyone because of a law that may potentially be found unconstitutional in the end anyway

I guess I'm not seeing this as the travesty of justice that others here are. Armalite is obviously a small company that probably can't afford to be terribly picky about who their customers are. They did take the Pro2A stance by refusing to sell to states and agencies - give them credit where credit is due.

Would it have been better from a Pro2A standpoint if they refused to sell to individual LEOs? Maybe, but I tend to think not. If Armalite loses a customer share that makes up a large percentage of their business, they might fail and go under completely. Which would play right into the antis' hands. The antis are realizing they aren't going to get wholesale bans on ARs and such, so don't think for a second their next best option won't be to drive manufacturers out of business.

It would be great if everyone everywhere, customers and manufacturers could hold hands and sing Kumbaya and have exactly the same interests and pursue those interests exactly the same way, but that isn't reality.

Last edited:
No kidding. In 5 years of civilian shooting and shopping, I have never once seen one of their rifles for sale. Not in MA, the rest of New England or on gunbroker.

They are such a small operation they cant keep up in none panic times.

in their defense it appears that their salesmen are dickheads. i generally don't expect a "and **** you very much" with my purchase, so i guess that turns a lot of people off from the "armalite experience" as they call it. it's like that one restaurant where the waiters are encouraged to be a**h***s to you... dick's last resort or something. [rofl]

I guess I'm not seeing this as the travesty of justice that others here are. Armalite is obviously a small company that probably can't afford to be terribly picky about who their customers are. They did take the Pro2A stance by refusing to sell to states and agencies - give them credit where credit is due.
No, and that position is ****ing retarded.

They didn't say they won't sell to them, just that the agents themselves will have to buy directly, that's all. Basically the message was:
We won't sell to the civilians, or overtly to the government, we will however, happily sell to anyone from the government, individually.

How did you not see through their doublespeak? Is it because you're a modern lib?

They didn't say they won't sell to them, just that the agents themselves will have to buy directly, that's all. Basically the message was:
We won't sell to the civilians, or overtly to the government, we will however, happily sell to anyone from the government, individually.

How did you not see through their doublespeak? Is it because you're a modern lib?

he's at war with oceana.

in their defense it appears that their salesmen are dickheads. i generally don't expect a "and **** you very much" with my purchase, so i guess that turns a lot of people off from the "armalite experience" as they call it. it's like that one restaurant where the waiters are encouraged to be a**h***s to you... dick's last resort or something. [rofl]

I would fire the sales guy in a heartbeat. It's his job to make sales. Not give his opinion to anyone, especially customers.

I would fire the sales guy in a heartbeat. It's his job to make sales. Not give his opinion to anyone, especially customers.

he clearly is a master armorer first, salesman second. he needed a degree for the job--majored in assholism, minored in lack of tactfulness.

Have you bought an HK before? There's a little note right in the box that says that. [laugh]

got a box of HK parts coming my way--so i am on the lookout for nasty messages thrown in there.

i think when ed opened his box from hkparts someone actually rang the doorbell just to punch him in the kidney.

I was shocked while shopping in south Fl to actually come across an armalite. The selling point was this is the original. These guys know how to make them the best. I'm glad I picked up a rra instead.

Ah, excellent - a response from one of head Koolaid mixers at NES. I sure wish I lived in the same world you do where everything is good or bad, black or white, you're either for us or against us, rah, rah, rah, AMERICA EFFIN-A RIGHT YEEHAW. But, unfortunately for me, I recognize that things aren't quite that simple, so I have to actually use my brain and think about what it going on rather than just loudly yell about what an injustice is being done by a shitty little company nobody has really been doing business with for 20 years anyway.

By all means, take a ridiculous for us or against us approach that will end up turning people away from the 2A cause. That's exactly what the antis would love - idiots with megaphones taking hardline stances that turn those in the middle away from us. Alienating manufacturers and hoping they go out of business - that's ****ing retarded. Are you sure you didn't get that viewpoint from the Brady Campaign?

By all means, take a ridiculous for us or against us approach that will end up turning people away from the 2A cause.
You can't even figure out what "infringed" means. You're worse than an anti, you're a Benedict Arnold.

Too busy polishing Pelosi's knob to know what's going on around you. You're the worst of the worst. You. Specifically.

Oh, Dave, you really hurt my feelings. And to think I valued your opinion so highly before that. I want to reform my ways. Which way is it to the Kool Aid? Do you have different flavors, or is it more of a get what you're served sort of thing?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't even figure out what "infringed" means. You're worse than an anti, you're a Benedict Arnold.

Too busy polishing Pelosi's knob to know what's going on around you. You're the worst of the worst. You. Specifically.
Also, Armalite "infringed" on your 2A rights? I'd love to hear your explanation for that.

Oh, Dave, you really hurt my feelings. And to think I valued your opinion so highly before that. I want to reform my ways. Which way is it to the Kool Aid? Do you have different flavors, or is it more of a get what you're served sort of thing?

Just find whatever kool aid that makes you stop supporting democrats [rofl]

so its ok for companies to sell to LE but not citizens in the same state?

that is pro 2a?

If all the major companies that make pistols: glock, sig, hk, colt, S&W, ruger and berreta got together and said "we wont sell to leo's in states that pass anti 2A laws" we would see a shift.

but money is the ultimate goal of those companies, not the 2A.

well yeah I know why they do it, but they dont have to try and tell me they care about me and my fight.

rubs me the wrong way when they do that they help to shit on it

Glocks are legal to own, even in New York. But I do agree that glock should take a stand alongside other manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom