• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armalite shoots self in foot.

Dear concerned gun owner,

First of all I would like to say thank you for filling my email with all this spam email.

Second, I am not sure where you got this blanket email from to send out as spam, but please stop it.

Third, The manufacture is not the one you need to convince.

You need to convince the law enforcement agencies and the common people about their mistake in electing these officials and have them removed. Again NOT the manufacture.

AR Stands for ArmaLite…

Respectfully,

Pat Raley

[email protected]

Master Armorer / Sales Rep.

ArmaLite, Inc.

P.O. Box 299

Geneseo, IL. 61254

ArmaLite Response to NY gun owners, NOT GOOD - AR15.COM

---My response which CC;ed their CEO, sales, marketing teams.----

Mr. Raley,

Thank you for the personal response. I agree that the opinions of state agencies and citizens are key in protecting gun rights, however, I respectfully disagree that the manufacturer does not have a role. After all, this and similar issues, impacts your livelihood, and your company’s freedom to continue manufacturing and selling arms.

It is a shame when a manufacturer wants nothing to do with the citizens’ fight for the right to purchase your products. I would expect Armalite, an Illinois-based company that manufactures modern sporting rifles, to be vocal in supporting the right to keep and bear arms.

Citizens are looking to manufacturers for leadership and solidarity in protecting Second Amendment rights. Manufacturers actions speak volumes and carry a weight that citizen’s voices do not. Consider these two recent examples.

•Look at the message 365 vendors and 48 speakers sent to the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show regarding their decision to ban modern sporting rifles. Do you think citizens protesting would have been as effective or sent the same message?

•Look at Magpul and watch how the citizens are rallying around them and becoming lifelong customers and advocates for their brand. No amount of marketing can garner that level of loyalty.

Your email is publicly listed on the Armalite webpage as a public representative of Armalite. I would highly suggest working with your Public / Media Relations group(s) to form a “one voice” response to queries such as this. Frankly, your response sends a curt “I don’t care” message and portrays Armalite quite poorly.

Please remember, the people annoying you with this “spam” are your biggest supporters. We just want the right to be able to continue to purchase your company’s products.

To honor your request, you will not receive another email from me regarding this matter. Apologies for your inconvenience.

Again, thank you for your time.

A Concerned Gun Owner

---- Response email ------
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:31 AM
<removed>
Subject: Concerned gun owner
Importance: High

Dear concerned gun owner,

First of all I would like to say thank you for filling my email with all this spam email.

Second, I am not sure where you got this blanket email from to send out as spam, but please stop it.

Third, The manufacture is not the one you need to convince. You need to convince the law enforcement agencies and the common people about their mistake in electing these officials and have them removed. Again NOT the manufacture.

AR Stands for ArmaLite…

Respectfully,

Pat Raley
<removed>
Master Armorer / Sales Rep.
ArmaLite, Inc.
P.O. Box 299
Geneseo, IL. 61254

---- Original email ------
Subject: Divided we fall

Dear Law Enforcement Sales Manager,

As you are aware, recently New York rushed an ill-advised and unconstitutional law infringing on the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Other states are poised to enact similar laws. I urge you to follow the lead of LaRue Tactical, Barrett, Olympic Arms, Midway USA, and Cheaper Than Dirt (among a growing number of others) which have adopted this policy: If it can’t be sold to law-abiding citizens, it won’t be sold to state and local police agencies either.

Your customers and potential customers are watching. Side with the citizens and they will side with you.

There are 800,000 sworn police officers in the entire United States. The FBI reports a total of 2,495,440 NICS checks, and thus firearms sales, in January alone. Police sales are not your only business. It’s time for firearm manufacturers to send a clear message that you will not participate in the slow erosion of our Second Amendment rights. Divided we fall.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,

A Concerned Gun Owner

Armalite, I have spent several thousand dollars on your products over the years, and I want to ask.. - Page 2 - AR15.COM

If he's a sales rep, then he is missing a very important piece of knowledge:

"Customers can be a pain in the ass, but they're really good for business."

You would have thought by now that every gun company knows not to say shit like this. Recoil, Code Red, and other gun related companies get it up the butt when they say stupid stuff like this.

He has got to be about the dumbest "sales rep" in the history of that profession, and that's saying a lot!!!

Bitching to your customers, not good sales technique. Blowing up in frustration, in an email no less... Juvenile and unprofessional.

Emails come back to kill you, if your not smart enough to keep your shit together while writing one, your not very forward thinking.

Armalite's official response is just as damning as the original. I cant link it right now, but to paraphase: Armalite believes individual LEOs are more entitled to the 2nd Amendment than us commoners. The response is on AR15 under Armalite's industry page. They are still getting shit for it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Armalite's official response is just as damning as the original. I cant link it right now, but to paraphase: Armalite believes individual LEOs are more entitled to the 2nd Amendment than us commoners. The response is on AR15 under Armalite's industry page. They are still getting shit for it.

this is the real story

Armalite's official response is just as damning as the original. I cant link it right now, but to paraphase:

Thanks for posting this email. I just received a concerned telephone call about it, an email from the staffer who stimulated the mail.

I think a bit of clarification is in order.

The root of the matter is a HUGE series of inquiries by both email and telephone asking ArmaLite to cut off sales to New York and other states which deny its citizens the right to own our rifles, as several other firms have done. Some of the contacts have been duplicates of others and some were so redundant that they appeared to be spam. Many of them have been rude and I'm afraid one of my staffers thought that he was responding to a spammer and was more terse than he should have been. Once he realized what happened he came to me and apologized.

My purpose here is to pass on his apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,

Mark Westrom
President,
ArmaLite Inc.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Geez. I'm not sure what the intent of this statement is or who it's intended for, but unless you are a LEO I don't see how it is in anyway positive. I don't even know where to begin with this...

Armalite President responds

Site Sponsor
IL, USA
Link To This Post
Posted: Today 3:44:31 PM
Thanks for posting this email. I just received a concerned telephone call about it, an email from the staffer who stimulated the mail.

I think a bit of clarification is in order.

The root of the matter is a HUGE series of inquiries by both email and telephone asking ArmaLite to cut off sales to New York and other states which deny its citizens the right to own our rifles, as several other firms have done. Some of the contacts have been duplicates of others and some were so redundant that they appeared to be spam. Many of them have been rude and I'm afraid one of my staffers thought that he was responding to a spammer and was more terse than he should have been. Once he realized what happened he came to me and apologized.

My purpose here is to pass on his apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,

Mark Westrom
President,
ArmaLite Inc.
AR stands for ArmaLite

ok, so they won't do civilian sales to places where prohibited by law and only sell to LE where law allows. Ok, he is saying that they will follow the law. [rolleyes]

Mark needs a serious wedgie of his pinko thong, who knew that a commie would be making ARs?

So, they're a**h***s because they sell guns to government agencies that prohibit citizens from owning their guns, but now that it turns out they DON'T sell guns to such agencies, they're a**h***s?

So, they're a**h***s because they sell guns to government agencies that prohibit citizens from owning their guns, but now that it turns out they DON'T sell guns to such agencies, they're a**h***s?

are we reading the same text:
Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

I wander how many dollar bills it would take for him to shove his rifle up his a**h*** until the LE-only barrel comes out from the other end.

Last edited:

No they are a**h***s because they sell to individual LEOs who private purchase OUTSIDE their subdivisions because of their elite LEO status, while still not selling to the commoners.

Last edited:

You have to read the entire response. No, they are still a**h***s because they sell guns to individuals of those same agencies and prohibit citizens from owning the same guns. So in effect they are selling guns to such agencies, just not directly. See his second response on AR15.com.

Guess I'll have to be sure to avoid Armalite. And tell all my friends that Armalite is ok with ****ing them in the ass and advise that they not purchase from them.

Back
Top Bottom