Armalite shoots self in foot.

You have to read the entire response. No, they are still a**h***s because they sell guns to individuals of those same agencies and prohibit citizens from owning the same guns. So in effect they are selling guns to such agencies, just not directly. See his second response on AR15.com.

thanks for posting that, seems like ARF crowd is not buying it. Awesome and some great comments there.

Updated....3 times... (about AR's response)

Luckily, here in NYS, they can only do it 4 more times...

[rofl] at least our friends in NY haven't lost their sense of humor

Dear Armalite. Read "Rules for Radicals".

RULE 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

I own an AR-10 and have dealt with Armalite over they years. I think I even have spoken with that sales rep in the past. Now I can never give them my business again in good conscience. F-them.

When you find yourself in a hole, the best course of action is generally to stop digging. No skin off my back. I never ordered anything from them any way and now they can be sure I never will.

You have to read the entire response. No, they are still a**h***s because they sell guns to individuals of those same agencies and prohibit citizens from owning the same guns. So in effect they are selling guns to such agencies, just not directly. See his second response on AR15.com.

Yeah, maybe I should have read the entire thing first. Fair 'nuff.

Armalite's recent FB post:

[h=5]Armalite
[/h][h=5]Please do not misunderstand me: ArmaLite will not abandon its main customers. Civilian gun owners. We will provide whatever material we can in those states that act like New York.

But we have a lot of good friends in Law Enforcement. Law Enforcement officers are overwhelmingly supportive of our gun rights. They have a hard mission sometimes and deserve our support. We'll supply them under the same terms as our civilian customers: whatever we can. We did so during the AWB.

You've raised a good question though. If we have reason to believe that an officer is a member of an organization that is detrimental to our beliefs, we will not supply that officer.
Yes, it would be simpler to say "No LE sales into a ban state." But that isn't realistic. Most rifle owners are pro-law enforcement. Many of you have friends on various departments and I'm sure you wouldn't deny them the rifles they deserve. I personally have serving friends in various Police departments and I won't deny them good equipment bought out of their own pockets.

Supporting the good guys, civilian and Police, is consistent. It may not always be easy, but I think it's the right thing to do.

But Brother Cuomo needn't come shopping.

Regards,
Mark Westrom

[/h]

[cerberus];2942018 said:
Me thinks way to many people spend to much time in front of a computer if they get all but hurt about this.

Seriously. Some low level salesman writes a snarky email and everyone gets e-butthurt over it.

EDIT- just read the "official" version which makes it sound like they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Last edited:
I'd like an Armalite. I have been checking their website on and off for maybe 7 years. I don't think they have ever had anything in stock.

Seriously. I thought maybe it was like a 6 man company , with an old name.

I'm confused.....how big is armalite. In the public arena anyway. I know their products BUT have not seen a armalite firearm at any range in 20 years? Same with Yankee hill machine. I jump on the lower group buy but still its the only yhm product I have seen locally?
Armalites sales Rep response was, well I don't know...ABOUT THE SAME AS ALL THE VENDORS WHO WONT SHIP PERFECTLY LEGAL ITEMS TO MASS.

YOUR REPS YOUR LAWS........ARMALITE MISSED ONE THING IS IL LAWS SUCK TO.

I'm thinking armalite could give 2 shots about citizens sales??? Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Ya i would go to war with a bow and arrow before i went with a Armalite now.Piss off Armalite,u are dead to me as well and i can guarantee you this is not a knee jerk reaction on my part.

Playing both sides of the fence. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind. The bulk of their sales are civilian so their belief that LEOs are higher on the food chain than us common peasants is a poor stance to have. I own an Armalite AR-10 and when Larue catches up on back orders it may end up in the classifieds. I'm not butt hurt but why support a company that doesn't support its customers.

who the **** cares ... They are arming tyrannical government when they sell to these people... Stop selling to Anti-2A governments ... PERIOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like their facebook page went offline... Some companies need a business lesson... I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

Here is what a company rep had to say about it (for better or worse).

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_27/232645_Armalite__I_have_spent_several_thousand_dollars_on_your_products_over_the_years__and_I_want_to_ask__.html&page=3

"This was a knee-jerk response to an overwhelming load of the same email received this morning.

It is in no way the current position of the state of ArmaLite itself."

James

I don't know the sales rep, but I hope that's just a brain fart on his part and that he's not speaking for Armalite as a company. It could be that his job requires he respond to every email he gets. He might have 500 similar emails that he now has to answer and probably lost it. A much better action would have been to forward these emails to whoever in the company is responsible for public relations. They could have drafted a proper response and sent it as a mass reply to people.

Of course, if his response does represent Armalite's attitude, then by all means break out the torches and pitchforks.

Why not break out the pitchforks ? Are these states stopping their purchases of these weapons ? they will use them on us ? These companies need to understand this shit is not a joke. This is not a time for being half ass.... they either support our liberties or they dont.

Its not that hard.

Hahaha well that's a good way to go out of business. Sucks for the employees, they will be downsizing soon.

Sent from an illegal communications device deep within the bowels of an illegal detention center, yeah I've been black bagged.

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed... which you haven't but im ****ING done with companies that support tyranny.
Armalite is dead to me.

Hahaha well that's a good way to go out of business. Sucks for the employees, they will be downsizing soon.

Sent from an illegal communications device deep within the bowels of an illegal detention center, yeah I've been black bagged.

Viva la free market!

Voting with the Benjamins, and ol Ben isn't going to party with AR anymore. Time to buy from Olympic... when they have stock again.

- - - Updated - - -

That was as douche-y a weasel response as I've ever seen. That guy must have been in politics before he went to work as the armalite Pres.

I'll stick with my M&P.

Nope, he's a cop. Remember that and re-read the "common people" part.

It shows the company doesn't stand for the principles that their customers share. You can't fault them but they're in it to make money.

Armalite has been outed as a anti 2A company. "Common People" should not do business with these pricks.

I have two AK receivers coming from the recent buy. The chances of me buying anything AR-related, let alone from Armalite itself run somewhere between "too small to count" and "can't see anything that small".

F Armalite, I can't wait to see the massive backpeddling they are going to be doing in the next few days.

For those wondering...the president of the company posted a response...and he backs up and reinforces the sales rep's view.

**** em. Definitely dead to me now.

Glad my AR-10 was made by DPMS. This company wont see any of my hard earned cash.
Yes they will survive just on government and local LE sales but to loose customers who learn they wont take a firm stand will bite them in the a$@ later.
However people have short memories. If , and that is a big IF, this AWB and magazine capacity crap goes down in flames folks will all to soon forget this response by the company and buy from them.Just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom