• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ares Armor Dumps Dimitri

Just got this email from Ares Armor:

July 6, 2015

It is with heavy hearts in Ares Armor Inc. that we announce the forced termination of Founder Dimitri Karras for breach of duty as an employee of this firm.

Mr. Karras had been on paid administrative leave since March 2015 for highly unprofessional behavior against members of the management team, staff, and others. Most recently, he launched a series of disruptive and disrespectful public attacks against the CEO, and the company. Furthermore, the uncovering of serious financial discrepancies connected to his selling the company only served to complicate matters.

Mr. Karras repeatedly took advantage of the incredible patience and generosity of new owner and CEO, Bryce Stirlen. "We as an organization simply cannot allow him to continue this type of behavior against the company and people who supported him," said Stirlen. "Mr. Karras has a very well-documented history. As one the of the company directors said in a management conference call, 'sometimes to grow a bigger and better garden you just have to root out the weeds.' Regardless, we still wish Dimitri the best of luck in his future endeavors."

Bryce Stirlen, CEO
Ares Armor Inc.

I didn't quite know what to think of the sale of the company a few months back. Dimitri had some pretty ballsy encounters with the BATFE, and I admired the guy. Without him, I'm not sure what the attraction is to support this company. Their 'Blowout Sale' emails that come out twice a day are becoming obnoxious.

I have a west Coast Marine friend that, of course, says there is more to the story, he quit and wasn't fired, blah blah blah. He also says the guys they staff their retail stores with are complete toolbags.

I've met some of their other guys at events out here and they were cool. I like the Husky Sling and Effin-A comp I have, but they haven't introduced too many other unique products, unless you are into the whole 80% lower deal.

Most of what I bought from them were 80% lowers. Then I realized that their forged 80% lowers are actually purchased from Tactical Machining, and can be bought directly from TM for $29 each.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...of-ares-armor-tells-us-his-side-of-the-story/

The main points are …

1. There are many quotes on the Ares Armor website and blog which are falsely attributed to Dimitri. Dimitri wanted these quotes removed.

2. Dimitri claims the company was falsely promoting itself as a veteran owned company for financial gain. Dimitri claims that only 30% of the company is now veteran owned.

3. Dimitri claims company falsely promoted itself as Combat Veteran owned company. Ares heavily branded himself as a combat veteran owned company.

4. Ares failed to honor promises to support Dimitri’s legal again against the BATFE.

5. Disagreement regarding IP indemnification. I don’t know the background of this dispute.

6. Dimitri demands mediation from a neutral third-party to settle the above disputes.

7. Dimitri includes numerous supporting documents, including internal emails, to support his arguments.

Think about that,,,,,,, Then think about what lengths the current administration has done and has been doing to manipulate information and crush the opposition. Ares Armor folds and Dimitri is alone in dealing the criminals at ATF on their false charges.

If I am thinking like this, don't you think that they already have this in their plan?

You haven't thought through your argument.

Dimitri's complaint is that Ares is not supporting his legal endeavors, stole IP, misrepresented itself, and has basically thrown its founder aside. Ares is not a going concern without Dimitri. That is not to say that Dimitri should no longer fight the ATF but that he needs to start another venture and find funding elsewhere.

Ares folds and the impact to Dimitri remains the same as the current situation.

sounds like the new Ares mgt is stretching limits or credibility and ethics to maximize profits. Marketing "vet owned" ploys etc ... yeah, the big thing about Ares was Dimitry dude. Aside from that, I just don't see the appeal.

I see no reason for Ares Armor to exist without Dimitri.

Someone apparently figured out that their product/base still appeals to tinfoilers, so they'll probably run with that ball till they deflate it.... at least when Dimitri was ****ing with the ATF though, it made it interesting.

-Mike

Stirlen posted an apology for his email on the company website today.

It looks like crisis control as a large part of their customer base is loyal to Dmitri.

Most of what I bought from them were 80% lowers. Then I realized that their forged 80% lowers are actually purchased from Tactical Machining, and can be bought directly from TM for $29 each.

This is pretty much the reason why Ares failed. Gun marketplace is a tough place to make money. Pile on top the fact that most shooters will skinflint the fraction of the penny on any order. This leaves 0 margin for legal fees and defends funds. In short, pro-2a is mostly a loosing proposition.

This is pretty much the reason why Ares failed. Gun marketplace is a tough place to make money. Pile on top the fact that most shooters will skinflint the fraction of the penny on any order. This leaves 0 margin for legal fees and defends funds. In short, pro-2a is mostly a loosing proposition.

It's also worse when 75% of that market is occupied by some of the biggest skinflints in the gun community if you want to call it that. While many motives on 80% are because tinfoil, there are also a substantial amount of 110% skinflints that want 80% lower because it has the "we are the cheapest" status.

-Mike

I know nothing about this company, the product or the history here.

That said I have NEVER seen an announcement message like this. It is completely unprofessional and. I would not do business with a company that had this little judgement, or class.

I know nothing about this company, the product or the history here.

That said I have NEVER seen an announcement message like this. It is completely unprofessional and. I would not do business with a company that had this little judgement, or class.

I don't know that much except that a few months ago they butted heads with the ATF regarding the sale of 80% AR lowers because it was a potential way for customers to bypass the FFL, background check and serial number requirements. I think you're right about airing the dirty laundry publicly like that. It's like they want to fire him and shame him as well.

http://thearmsguide.com/7021/atf-raids-ares-armor-80-lowers/

Last edited:
It sounds like the Red Sox.

With an official statement like that. I think that dmitri would be in a great position to sue the company for slander wrongful termination and a whole host of other things. With a couple of lawyers working purely on a contingency fee basis, they could bleed that company dry in motions, delays disclosures etc..

Back
Top Bottom