Are you disgusted?

I just saw Janet "manbeast" Napalitano speaking on the immigration situation and the new york city attempted bombing and I am just disgusted...simply disgusted and truly afraid of the fact that this country may be TOO far gone....

She speaks out her ass. I can't listen to her garbage.
Country gone? Like it or not there is a revolution going on before our eyes. The silent revolution began taking our country over when O ass got elected. They are succeeding and we won't have done a thing but sit in dibelief at every lost freedom.

Ya its gone. It was gone when lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus and yet was nicknamed "honest Abe". It never came back. And, it aint coming back. Best you can do is build yourself a cabin in the woods and hope you don't get turned into a Ruby Ridge. Good luck to ya.

I actually want the country to fall apart at the seams. It is the only way that people who think like me can recreate a nation to our liking.

Ya its gone. It was gone when lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus and yet was nicknamed "honest Abe". It never came back. And, it aint coming back. Best you can do is build yourself a cabin in the woods and hope you don't get turned into a Ruby Ridge. Good luck to ya.

"The November 13, 2001, Presidential Military Order gave the President of the United States the power to detain persons without a national affiliation and suspected of connection to terrorists or terrorism as unlawful combatants. As such, it asserted that a person could be held indefinitely without charges being filed against him or her, without a court hearing, and without entitlement to a legal consultant. Although these provisions were in opposition to habeas corpus, it is still debated as to whether the President had the authority to indefinitely hold the terrorist suspects."

Where would you draw the line? Suspending habeas corpus for citizens of the U.S. or for terrorist suspects...?

"The November 13, 2001, Presidential Military Order gave the President of the United States the power to detain persons without a national affiliation and suspected of connection to terrorists or terrorism as unlawful combatants. As such, it asserted that a person could be held indefinitely without charges being filed against him or her, without a court hearing, and without entitlement to a legal consultant. Although these provisions were in opposition to habeas corpus, it is still debated as to whether the President had the authority to indefinitely hold the terrorist suspects."

Where would you draw the line? Suspending habeas corpus for citizens of the U.S. or for terrorist suspects...?

Where would I draw the line? The president should not have the power to suspend Habeas Corpus. That is where.

I don't think the president should have the right to suspend this any more than he has the right to suspend any of your constitutional rights. Imagine if you were one of the men who were imprisoned indefinitely without trial for opposition to the war? Oh and by the way, I'm not talking about '01, I'm talking about '61. 1861. Yes, that did happen under lincoln. No, Habeas Corpus should never be suspended.

If HC is suspended you have effectively lost all of your rights. All of them. Because guess what? Think you have the right to bear arms? Not if your in prison without being charged. Free speach? Ya right, nice try. Have fun in jail while we weed you free-thinkers out of our society.

And, I don't know enough to tell you whether it applies to foreigners, but I know it damn sure applies to Americans, and I know damn sure that any right that one man has the capability to suspend is not a right. It is a fancy bunch of words on a piece of paper that don't mean anything at all. If it isn't absolute and guaranteed without the possibility of suspension, it simply does not exist at all. So, you can't have it both ways. Either you believe in Habeas Corpus, or you do not. But, you cannot possibly believe that one man has the power to suspend it, and at the same time believe that you can possibly have it at all.

Freedom is not for everyone. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Where would I draw the line? The president should not have the power to suspend Habeas Corpus. That is where.

I don't think the president should have the right to suspend this any more than he has the right to suspend any of your constitutional rights. Imagine if you were one of the men who were imprisoned indefinitely without trial for opposition to the war? Oh and by the way, I'm not talking about '01, I'm talking about '61. 1861. Yes, that did happen under lincoln. No, Habeas Corpus should never be suspended.

My sentiments exactly. "Where would you draw the line?" was strictly for the purpose of making the reader think about the fact that it has been done in the recent past and not-so-recent past, by presidents of this country.

[rofl] Wow You mean Janet got stains on Hillary's pant suit?

Hillary has more sense than to allow that to happen. More likely that her trousers were draped over the ceiling fan, having been cast off in haste, and were rotating slowly so as to cast eerie and sensual shadows across the room during the ... um ... romantic interlude.

I walked around ground zero that day. It took about three hours, and it was a sobering experience. At the risk of sounding disrespectful, it smelled like they were loosing the battle of fighting the stink of rotting flesh by spraying formaldehyde on it. On my side of the fence, it was like a bazaar. There were hot dog vendors and souvenir salesmen catering to the tourists, con men selling junk; there were actually guys with hydraulic lifts selling looks over the fence for $5 bucks, attracting lines around the block.

I was young, and although 9/11 shook me, I was still a bit of a libro-weenie that day. That experience made me a conservative.

Hillary has more sense than to allow that to happen. More likely that her trousers were draped over the ceiling fan, having been cast off in haste, and were rotating slowly so as to cast eerie and sensual shadows across the room during the ... um ... romantic interlude.

Gotta put that picture out of my mind....Gotta put that picture out of my mind.

I walked around ground zero that day. It took about three hours, and it was a sobering experience. At the risk of sounding disrespectful, it smelled like they were loosing the battle of fighting the stink of rotting flesh by spraying formaldehyde on it. On my side of the fence, it was like a bazaar. There were hot dog vendors and souvenir salesmen catering to the tourists, con men selling junk; there were actually guys with hydraulic lifts selling looks over the fence for $5 bucks, attracting lines around the block.

I was young, and although 9/11 shook me, I was still a bit of a libro-weenie that day. That experience made me a conservative.

I was at ground zero on September 21, 2001, with an environmental clean-up crew. We rode around on quads on rubble strewn streets. I stood in front of the Amex building, I think it was, and looked at the rubble pile ... still burning and maybe 5 stories high.

The smell reminded me of when I was growing up and my uncle owned a wholesale candy and tobacco outlet (which is still there, I think, in West Bridgewater). There was a burn pile out back, and everything went into it. Out of code candy, beef jerky ... paper and office debris.

I used to pick through the smouldering pile as a kid, looking for treats. Jerky never goes bad.

Ground zero smelled like that. A little of everything ... paper, plastic, meat. And the vague odor of ammonia.

I drove into Manhattan alone on the West Side Highway (I think it was) wondering how I'd feel when I got there. Would I be mad? Want to kill the enemy?

I'll tell you this ... all I could feel was sorrow. And that smell, and the connection to my childhood brought it all back.

I felt it again a week or so later when I put on the shirt I had been wearing that day and smelled that smell again.

[sad2]

I was at ground zero on September 21, 2001, with an environmental clean-up crew. We rode around on quads on rubble strewn streets. I stood in front of the Amex building, I think it was, and looked at the rubble pile ... still burning and maybe 5 stories high.

The smell reminded me of when I was growing up and my uncle owned a wholesale candy and tobacco outlet (which is still there, I think, in West Bridgewater). There was a burn pile out back, and everything went into it. Out of code candy, beef jerky ... paper and office debris.

I used to pick through the smouldering pile as a kid, looking for treats. Jerky never goes bad.

Ground zero smelled like that. A little of everything ... paper, plastic, meat. And the vague odor of ammonia.

I drove into Manhattan alone on the West Side Highway (I think it was) wondering how I'd feel when I got there. Would I be mad? Want to kill the enemy?

I'll tell you this ... all I could feel was sorrow. And that smell, and the connection to my childhood brought it all back.

I felt it again a week or so later when I put on the shirt I had been wearing that day and smelled that smell again.

[sad2]

Good for you for actully contrinbuting and not just gauking like a tourist. You're right, the smell I experienced was unforgetable; even two months later the burned out hulks were still smoking. As terrible as it was, and believe me, it was a heart wrenching experience, I am glad I saw it. It changed my life.

Last edited:
Good for you for actully contrinbuting and not just gauking like a tourist. You're right, the smell I experienced was unforgetable; even two months later the burned out hulks were still smoking. As terrible as it was, and believe me, it was a heart wrenching experience, I am glad I saw it. It changed my life.

Me too. I left environmental services and became a school teacher. I made the decision right then and there.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the MSM isn't calling her on this. [rolleyes]

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/us/03arizona.html?_r=1

Arizona Governor Signs Tough Bill on Hiring Illegal Immigrants

By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD
Published: July 3, 2007

Expressing frustration with the lack of a federal immigration law overhaul, Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona signed a bill yesterday providing what are thought to be the toughest state sanctions in the country against employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

Ms. Napolitano, a Democrat, called the bill flawed and suggested that the Arizona Legislature reconvene to repair problems with it, but she nevertheless moved forward “because Congress has failed miserably,” she wrote in a statement.

The bill requires employers to verify the legal status of their employees. If they fail to do so, they risk having their business licenses suspended. A second offense could result in the “business death penalty,” a permanent revocation of the state business license, effectively preventing a business from operating in the state.

Ms. Napolitano said she was concerned, among other problems, that under the law hospitals and nursing homes could end up shuttered because of hiring one illegal immigrant. She also said the bill did not provide enough money for the state attorney general to investigate complaints.

Although federal law already makes it a crime to hire illegal workers, supporters of the Arizona bill have said enforcement is lax.

Ms. Napolitano sent a letter to Senator Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada and the majority leader, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California, saying Congressional inaction on immigration was forcing states to act.

Ms. Napolitano’s decision had been anxiously awaited in Arizona, the state where more people cross illegally into the United States than any other.

Last year, Ms. Napolitano vetoed an employer-sanctions bill, saying that its language was flawed and that it would not achieve its goals.

Correction: July 4, 2007

Because of an editing error, an article yesterday about the signing of a bill in Arizona intended to crack down on the hiring of illegal immigrants misstated the home state of Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, who was told by Arizona’s governor that more Congressional action was needed on immigration. He represents Nevada, not Arizona.

[puke].

Trampling on the Constitution is the latest fad. Obama does it all the time and the stupid sheeples applaud him for it. There is a very good reason why the Founding Fathers were very careful in the power held by the federal government. Too much power in one area or position is never a good thing.

Toss up:

reno_drool.jpg

napolitano.jpg

Back
Top Bottom