Are our troops dumb? Ask Kerry.

Phew. We finally hear from someone who was there and really knows.

Oh wait. The guys who were there and really know said he was full of crap.
As much as I think Kerry was unqualified to be POTUS and is a POS this is not true. Kerry's Band of Brothers were servicemen who were actually on the same swift boat WITH Kerry. Some of the Swift Boats Vets Against Kerry weren't even in Viet Nam at the same time as him. If you've ever seen or been on a Swift Boat you are quite aware they don't hold over 200 men. Because of Kerry's short tour of duty it is highly unlikely that he was on Swift Boats with 200 servicemen the whole time . If someone wants to express their dislike for Kerry maybe sticking with his horrible voting record would be considered more creditable?

Waxing Nostalgiac

John Kerry reminds me of the time, back in my freshman year of college, when we scored three cases of Busch longnecks, and decided that it was taking too long for the fridge to make them cold, so we started drinking them warm while eating mass quantities of suicidal hot buffalo wings from The Cuckoo's Nest in Somerville.

No, wait, that's not it.

Kerry reminds me of what came out of my ass the next morning around 6:00.

Yeah, that's probably a more accurate assessment.

He's a self-centered scumbag that has hated the US military since he served in it himself. He was NOT talking about the president, he was talking about the troops.

Most leftists like him regard our troops as stupid for joining and serving. They look down their noses at the very people who protect the freedom they enjoy.

I loathe him. I have loathed him since the day I met him when I was 17. He was a fraud and a phony then and he's a fraud and a phony now. I would be happy to spit in his face but spitting on him is far more than he deserves.

Some of the Swift Boats Vets Against Kerry weren't even in Viet Nam at the same time as him. If you've ever seen or been on a Swift Boat you are quite aware they don't hold over 200 men. Because of Kerry's short tour of duty it is highly unlikely that he was on Swift Boats with 200 servicemen the whole time . ?

Of course not. An HMMWV doesn't hold 120 people either, but I know every single one of the people in the unit well enough to speak on their character. Some of the SBVFT were not only in his unit, but were there at the incidents in question.

And of course he goes on to first claim the statement was bout Bush, not soldiers. (Yeah you belive that, I have a Tunnell in Boston to sell you)

then he goes on to say this:
"I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.”

So people who haven't seen combat can't critisize him? How about people who praise him who haven't seen combat?

Oh and wait, why can only combat vets chime in? Aren't they dummies like you said?

Skrew spit, or horse-piss. I'd kinda like to throw a rock at him.

What a dickhead!

-Weer'd Beard

What a dickhead!

-Weer'd Beard

+1

and to say he can insult the military because he is a war hero is a load of crap:

1) He dried to dodge the draft by requesting permission to "study" in Paris for a year after completing his Yale degree.
2) When that failed he requested the Navy (probably hoping his friendship with the Kennedys would get him a nice safer berth on a carrier)
3) He did however request a transfer to the swift boats: "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."
4) It doesn't take courage to earn a purple heart - just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Kerry's 3 purple hearts (enough to get him reassigned to a non-combat post) came from a scratch, a small piece of shrapnel, and (allegedly) standing too close to cache of rice they were blowing up.
5) His silver star was awarded based upon the after action report he wrote that no-one else remembered happening the same way.

Or course I respect the fact that he served, but not as much as I respect those that choose to serve, and just because he served does not give him the right to insult everyone that is currently serving overseas.

Sen. Kerry's camp has since said that he was making a remark that the troops are stuck in Iraq because POTUS lacks an education, not the troops. No, that doesn't make it better, but it is a small difference.
Kerry's still trying to imply Bush is stupid. Pretty funny, considering the fact that Bush got better grades than Kerry did in college. That's why he didn't want his records opened up, not so much his 'brilliant' military service record, but what his education transcripts revealed.....[thinking]

I get really tired of the comparison. All right, Bush is stupid (no, he isn't, but believe what you want). Kerry is stupider.

Kerry is a liar. He proved that when he made this ridiculous statement and then when he tried to explain it. Nothing from his mouth can be believed including his Vietnam "war stories".

Kerry's definition of heroism and courage is about as accurate and truthful as Bill Clinton's definition of sex.

I wish I could say something more constructive but this has me so pissed right now. This is an insult to our military and to anyone without a college degree. He could of made his point (what ever it was) buy simply saying

A) Bush is a jackass.

or

B) If you don't go to college you may end up flipping burgers.

Not to Mention that just about anybody with a highschool diploma and 4 years of service will have a far better resume than all the Liberal Arts majors listening to Kerry speak.

I have several friends who studied hard, and got a useless digree and are flipping burgers, or the equivilent.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I find it hard to believe that somebody who is ex-mil himself could make an unsupportive statement like that publicly. But he did. What a maroon. [rolleyes]

I one time saw a kid stick a quarter up his nose and get it stuck. He later tried the same thing (after comming back from the ER getting it removed) just to see if he could "get it this time" [rolleyes]

Needless to say, I think John and this guy could have quite a bit to talk about. [laugh]

ALL of the band of brothers were in his unit and some of them were at the incidents as well. Do you know them as well?

Do I know them as well? I don't understand the question, I guess.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, a few of those "Band of Brothers" were pretty pissed that he used their name.

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php

remember this anytime he is running to get re-elected as Mass Senator or if he make another run for the Presidency....Let us not forget this.....

What really is sad, is Kerry will get 70% or more of the votes in our state. That said I hope the free world see what a fool this phoney is.

Not so fast, Your still an a**h***.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061101/ts_nm/usa_elections_kerry_dc_3

Kerry apologizes for "botched" Iraq joke​

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic Sen. John Kerry said on Wednesday he was sorry about a "botched joke" that drew election-year fire from President George W. Bush and other Republicans who accused him of insulting U.S. troops in Iraq.

Kerry reiterated the target of his joke was Bush, who immediately seized on the senator's remarks to rally Republican supporters ahead of Tuesday's elections, in which the party's control of Congress is at risk.

Kerry said he was returning to Washington from a trip campaigning on behalf of Democratic congressional candidates because he did not want to be "a distraction."

A day after rejecting calls to apologize for his remarks, Kerry, appearing on the "Imus in the Morning" radio show on MSNBC, declared: "I said it was a botched joke. Of course, I'm sorry about a botched joke."

While campaigning in California on Monday, Kerry told a college crowd: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Kerry's office said the senator had misread his prepared remarks. They said he had intended to say, "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.

What was said.
"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Kerry's office said the senator had misread his prepared remarks. They said he had intended to say,
"Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

Sure, this could be easily confused by anyone.

I'm not condoning it but at least Mel Gibson was totally trashed before he made his crappy comments. What is Kerry's excuse?

Stop bitching about his military service. He was in Vietnam and earned every medal. To be on a patrol boat in Vietnam is very courageous.

Yes, he earned every medal, and promptly tossed them over the fence at
the white house.

It isn't what he did while he was serving, it was his conduct afterwards that
was reprehensible. He made it sound like american troops were the "baby
killers" that all the greasy hippy protestors had made them out to
be.

-Mike

I'm not condoning it but at least Mel Gibson was totally trashed before he made his crappy comments. What is Kerry's excuse?

That, and I do believe he issued some sort of apology or at least made
a lame attempt at making one. Kerry's response, instead of manning
up and saying "I meant what I said, but I didnt realize how insulting it
was when I first thought about it, and I'm sorry blah blah blah" but instead
of doing that, he fires up the "spin machine". The problem is, nobody is
buying it.

The sad thing is at the end of the day, it won't matter much for
him. His seat is reinforced by so much moonbattery that it's
impenetrable. He could probably almost act like ward churchill and
get away with it.

-Mike

The sad thing is at the end of the day, it won't matter much for him. His seat is reinforced by so much moonbattery that it's impenetrable. He could probably almost act like ward churchill and
get away with it. -Mike

That's the worst part of all of this.....and now the rest of the country can just look and laugh at us over here in Mass.

Back
Top Bottom