• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are our troops dumb? Ask Kerry.

NES Member
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_4578034

Dem stars rally on campus
Angelides comes to PCC
By Cortney Fielding Staff Writer
Article Launched:10/30/2006 10:55:25 PM PST

PASADENA - Hoping to breathe life into a flagging gubernatorial run, Democrats on Monday turned out a cast of party all-stars for Phil Angelides at a Pasadena City College appearance.

Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, state Assembly Speaker Fabian Nu ez and California Sen. Barbara Boxer all gave the California treasurer ringing endorsements, while telling about 370 PCC students that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger does not have their best interests in mind.

"It's not enough to have a governor that acts like a Democrat on Election Day. Phil Angelides will be a Democrat every single day," said Boxer.

Angelides came to the campus to tout his planned education reforms, including a repeal of college tuition increases enacted under Schwarzenegger and an expansion of financial aid programs.

"There are a lot of people counting on us: the millions of kids coming after you," he told the crowd, adding that government must do more than "just lavish more on those who have the most."

But while the students showed proper enthusiasm for Angelides by waving his signs and wooing and booing at the right places, the energy in the room clearly belonged to Kerry. He took the stage to roaring applause and left it only to be mobbed by students and reporters.
Kerry charmed the crowd with tales of surfing at Mission Beach and got laughs for a series of one liners, including telling the crowd he had just returned from Texas, "Where the president used to live - now he lives in a state of denial."

Kerry then told the students that if they were able to navigate the education system, they could get comfortable jobs - "If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," he said to a mixture of laughter and gasps.

With a week left until the Nov. 7 election, the stop was just part of a whirlwind stumping tour for Angelides, as he tries to close in on Schwarzenegger. Some polls put the governor 18 points ahead.

During the stop, Angelides mentioned the "politics of George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger," but generally stuck to his own story as the grandson of Greek immigrants and a grandmother who worked 15 hours a day as a seamstress.

Before concluding his remarks, he urged the crowd to overlook the seemingly insurmountable gap and get out the vote for him.

"We are all going to be judged in history," he said, "by how we are willing to stand our ground when it's toughest."

Afterward, students said they were pleasantly surprised with Angelides - although many said they would have voted for him regardless.

"It made me feel better about giving my vote to him," Kandist Mallett said.

But she added, "The highlight was definitely John Kerry."

Kerry is an idiot.....and the people who laughed are just as dumb. He is killing patriotism!!!

If he is ever elected President...God forbid.....but if he is, he will need the US Military one day...the way things are going you can almost gaurantee it....

With comments like that do you think those men and women are going to want to fight under his admisitration? I wouldn't.

Yep, it never occurs to leftist bigots like Kerry that our troops are the cream of the crop and have made the decision to serve their country. They are NOT draftees or losers or any other insult that runs through his sick mind. They are volunteers who have decided to go into the service.

It's typical though of the leftist mind set to mock that which they do not understand and never will. Screw em'. The turds.

Yep... Leave it to that commie bastard, in other words saying...

"If you don't get an education, the only thing you will be good for is the military"

WOW, pretty bold of that Herman Munster looking, riding on his wife's coat tails bastard to say that the military is full of only the stupid people...

I've never served, but my Dad has (former army officer) and one of my best
friends is an officer in the Air Force Reserves. What Kerry said was
downright insulting to just about anyone in the military, that's served at any
level, wether an officer or an enlisted person. It was said in such a manner that, anyone who doesnt make it through college is inferior, and ends up enlisting into military service? What a f'ing crock. [angry] He's making a class of people out to be failures when they certainly are anything
but.

Theres another part of me, though, that wishes douchebags like him would
say dumbass things like that more often- to completely obliterate the left's
chance of winning a presidency. It would expose most of these a**h***s for
what they really are- communists bent on turning our country into france.

-Mike

Last edited:
There was a report on NPR the other day that made me pissed off in the same way, it was a reporter interviewing the parents of some soliders form Puerto Rico who had died in Iraq. The whole tone of the story was that the servicemen only joined the military for the pay and benefits, and that it was a betrayal by the government that they were killed. That seems like a kind of shabby slant on things.

Somehow I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.[angry] Skerry is an asswipe. The irony is though the more you move up in the ranks, guess what you need that college education. There are probably more in the military with more college than him.
Have I mentioned how much I hate him.[angry] Nothing like defiling everyone that has ever served or is currently serving.[angry] [angry]

I was listening to the Hillman show on 107.3 this morning and he was all over this comment by Kerry. He was beyond pissed and the callers were going ballistic. I used to be in the Navy myself and just couldn't believe he'd say something like this.

He'll still get re-elected. Not to mention he's running for president again.

well, this comment should be brought up every time he runs for anything.....even if someone hasn't served they probably know someone who has served or is serving or are related to someone who has served or is serving...

Afterward, students said they were pleasantly surprised with Angelides - although many said they would have voted for him regardless.

"It made me feel better about giving my vote to him," Kandist Mallett said.

But she added, "The highlight was definitely John Kerry."

There's maybe three brain cells working to compose that thought right there. I simply cannot understand how people as stupid as her are alive.

kerry spews this crap out of his mouth yet seems to forget all of his touting of his three purple hearts during the last election.
seems to me his college degree helped him while he served in the navy.
this puke needs a good flogging from his fellow naval vets,old and young.

He'll still get re-elected. Not to mention he's running for president again.
Everyone is running for president in an election year, but until you get the party's nomination it doesn't mean jack. FWIW, I don't think he will get the nomination again.

Sen. Kerry's camp has since said that he was making a remark that the troops are stuck in Iraq because POTUS lacks an education, not the troops. No, that doesn't make it better, but it is a small difference.

Piece of crap....

Kerry's Reloads in Dogfight Over Snipe at Troops in Iraq

Tuesday , October 31, 2006

WASHINGTON — Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry defiantly and in no uncertain terms declared Tuesday that he would "apologize to no one" for statements made a day earlier in which he told a gathering of California college students that if they don't do well in school, they will "get stuck in Iraq."
Story continued here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226490,00.html

Good grief.

Just without thinking hard about it, I can name my cousin (runs the NYSP MIS dept), his brother (fire captain out on an air base in OK), and my Lodge brother Bob (retired after 30 years in the Army Reserve and fought the decision - he didn't want his unit going without him! Unfortunately, he had a heart condition, so they forced him to retire) all of whom have college degrees and good paying jobs... and who LOST money by going to Iraq (or would have, in Bob's case - he was in GW1, though).

Kerry makes me want to [puke]. We've GOT to get him out of office when he's up for reelection.

kerry spews this crap out of his mouth yet seems to forget all of his touting of his three purple hearts during the last election.
seems to me his college degree helped him while he served in the navy.
this puke needs a good flogging from his fellow naval vets,old and young.

Can I administer the first two dozen lashes?

Sen. Kerry's camp has since said that he was making a remark that the troops are stuck in Iraq because POTUS lacks an education, not the troops. No, that doesn't make it better, but it is a small difference.
I listened to Jay Sevrin's show this afternoon and was hoping they'd play what Kerry said right before and right after he said this. That would prove who was lying and who telling the truth.

I find his comments peculiar because this country does not currently draft troops...It's almost like he forgot what decade he was in momentarily.

Stop bitching about his military service. He was in Vietnam and earned every medal. To be on a patrol boat in Vietnam is very courageous.

Last edited:
Since the President of the United States IS a highly educated man, John Kerry is still an idiot trying desperately to remain relevant.

Sort of like algore, only slightly more pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom