• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 "Wall Hanger" Device

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I stumbled across this video from a few days ago:

View: https://youtu.be/8IOpAl3Qk8w

I watched the video but still had no idea what he was talking about, so I searched here on the forum and couldn't find any post that mentions it.
Then I searched elsewhere, and found this article from November:

No, I don't intend to buy one, but I'm surprised that there are no posts about it here, unless maybe it's something nobody wanted to talk about.

Yeah I saw this a few days ago. The same as solving traps and auto key cards. Some pretty good information in there though. If you did purchase one of the above. Expect A knock on the door. And make sure you know what to say so you don't get tripped up. Also make sure you're squeaky clean and say nothing!

Pretty sure it’s been talked about here before.

Never heard of it.
Atf raided his house, seized all of his assets, left his family basically homeless, saying he was making and selling machine guns, over what amounts to a bottle opener/novelty item with the image of a lightning link drawn on it. They then called him a flight risk and stuck him with a public defender who was bull guarding him from getting proper council and already trying to sand bag his case. This is important because ATF is saying the mere image/drawing of a lightning link is machine gun. If this guy gets convicted, having a simple picture or technical drawing of something is basically fair game for the ATF. Opens up a lot more what if's around 3d printing and 80% guns too. We need to fight any legal case that could set precedent that could give the ATF more power. This guy is also a good dude and him and his family need the 2a communities help, he has already said he understand the importance of the case for 2a and he won't plea out on it.

Last edited:
Atf raided his house, seized all of his assets, left his family basically homeless, saying he was making and selling machine guns, over what amounts to a bottle opener/novelty item with the image of a lightning link drawn on it. They then stuck him with a public defender who was bull guarding him from getting proper council. This is important because ATF is saying the mere image/drawing of a lightning link is machine gun. If this guy gets convicted, having a simple picture or technical drawing of something is basically fair game for the ATF. Opens up a lot more what if's around 3d printing and 80% guns too.
It's crazy that it's just a picture. If this is let to run its course, then wearing a T shirt showing a lower with a third hole would be akin to having a machine gun. So while I think he has a good chance of beating it, the precedent is still scary as hell. And not just for 2A, but for 1A as well.

I won't even look up the "wall hanger" stuff because I have a 3d printer and ARs - at what point do they consider it constructive possession? Only takes an hour or less to print something that size.

The lightning link card is complete BS.
You can find to scale drawings so all you really need is a printer and some glue to recreate the card.
Just as stupid as calling a lower with a fake 3rd pin engraved a machine gun - the tooling and experience needed to pick up the center of the engraved circle would allow you to locate the position more accurately off the true datum points. They would probably screw you over even if the 3rd hole engraving was purposely placed just outside of tolerance so it wouldn't work if you actually did drill it.

It's crazy that it's just a picture. If this is let to run its course, then wearing a T shirt showing a lower with a third hole would be akin to having a machine gun. So while I think he has a good chance of beating it, the precedent is still scary as hell. And not just for 2A, but for 1A as well.
this is why we all need to throw $10 at his legal defense fund, this guy is being a legit martyr for our cause, has stated he is going to take it to trial if he has to, and him and his family need our help. They seized all of his assets, bank accounts, his home, etc., and left his family high and dry.

This guy above running the gofundme is a legit gunshop owner, gun youtuber and an 07 SOT FFL, he was promoting and giving away the autokeycards as a resource for people with 07 SOT manufacturers licenses, and as a novelty and he is friends with the autokeycard guy. They arrested this guy and seized all of his assets for selling a drawing of a lightning link etched onto a bottle opener novelty thing.

Last edited:
Cool concept, but $69.99? That is comically overpriced and just asking people with 3D printers to bypass purchasing it.

I did 3D print prototypes and attached them to the wall. One good tug from the butt stock of the rifle snapped it like a twig. Remember Archimedes and leverage?

Personally I'd rather trust costly firearms to T6 aluminum than plastic. I kept manufacturing in the US. It is CNC'd rather than far less expensive investment casting. And the design is patented...

Finally, have you seen the price of firearms parts?

Certainly YMMV...

I did 3D print prototypes and attached them to the wall. One good tug from the butt stock of the rifle snapped it like a twig. Remember Archimedes and leverage?

Personally I'd rather trust costly firearms to T6 aluminum than plastic. I kept manufacturing in the US. It is CNC'd rather than far less expensive investment casting. And the design is patented...

Finally, have you seen the price of firearms parts?

Certainly YMMV...
If that's your product, then I meant no disrespect. I'll also preface what I said in that I would end up using some rather pricey fiber infused filament for best results. While the part itself would end up costing less, one still needs to buy the entire reel of filament, which is actually more than this item.

Just as stupid as calling a lower with a fake 3rd pin engraved a machine gun - ... They would probably screw you over even if the 3rd hole engraving was purposely placed just outside of tolerance so it wouldn't work if you actually did drill it.
Put it in completely the wrong place,
and if they jack you up,
at least everyone else on the Group W bench
will agree that it's an epic troll.

Cool concept, but $69.99? That is comically overpriced and just asking people with 3D printers to bypass purchasing it.

As @richc said, the AR becomes a large lever, you will snap any plastic, the ones he's selling are solid.

And yes, I would stay away from any of the internet novelty items...

If that's your product, then I meant no disrespect. I'll also preface what I said in that I would end up using some rather pricey fiber infused filament for best results. While the part itself would end up costing less, one still needs to buy the entire reel of filament, which is actually more than this item.

It is my product. I've spent many tens of thousands of dollars in development. @chris_1001 is a mechanical engineer par excellence and used his decades of experience to help polish the design and concept.

I intentionally kept manufacturing in the US. It is more expensive but something I believe in. I also protected my IP via patent to prevent knockoffs.

It is the simplest and most cost effective way I know of to attach a firearm to a wall, inside a closet, etc. and also adhere to laws in every state in the country. It keeps a firearm very low profile and easy to conceal. It's also a good way to maintain family harmony in homes where that's an issue.

I'm not interested in posting private financial data but this price is in line with my production costs. It is not "comically priced" as you suggest. If it's not for you that's OK.

If you don't want to buy a rail hanger I can sell you 100 rounds of 5.56 for $80...

And I'm just curious... your profile says you live in Cambridge. What's it cost to live there these days??

:)

1617036554423.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom