AR15 "Wall Hanger" Device

nothing seems sketchy about thisView attachment 467302

If you watch the video he states the link is constantly updated as pro gun things tend to get taken down. He's pulling the money out each day and has people to put up new fund raisers immediately if it gets taken down and he will keep updating the link in YouTube vid description as this happens.

TPTB don't like freedom fund raisers.

So a bottle opener with a scale drawing on it is now a machine gun? with none of the cutouts of the alleged “part”? That sounds like restricting free speech.

I wonder what would happen if the drawing was separate from the metal. Then you had to trace it yourself onto the metal.

(I'm not trying it. Someone else try it and let me know how it goes.)

Found this in a pile of Misc. On my desk.
Little work and.....
It's a shelf bracket for inside a metal storage cabinet BTW

Attachments

• 20210331_111127.jpg
    20210331_111127.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 26
Found this in a pile of Misc. On my desk.
Little work and.....
It's a shelf bracket for inside a metal storage cabinet BTW

1iIcLO8.jpg

Is that gun locked on the hanger thing, kinda defeats the purpose of having an easily grabbable weapon ?
That is not the only purpose.

I have a small weekend place - if I decide to keep at EBR there, it will be ideal for providing a bit of security against theft, plus the insurance and LE agency interaction benefits of having physical evidence of a theft as well as physical evidence the gun was store in compliance with MGL. A disadvantage is that, unlike a safe (ordnance locker to those overly tactical types), attempts at brute force theft are likely to destroy the weapon.

"locked" and "secured" are largely mutually exclusive, If you want both, and only need "MGL requirement meeting" rather than "Actually secured", I'd consider something with a simplex 5 button lock.

Is that gun locked on the hanger thing, kinda defeats the purpose of having an easily grabbable weapon ?

I wanted it work for each person's needs. Just need a support that's easy. Need to lock it for legal reasons or family harmony store it like @Palladin

I wanted to provide choice. That's what drove the design.

Seems like you could pop the pins on the lower and walk away with what is essentially the firearm from that lock wall mount.

First and foremost, if a bad guy did what you describe they'd not have a working firearm that could be used on you or your family. Or if a kid did the same.

If that's a concern there's a method to help prevent that as well. See pics below. In this use case you'd run a steel security cable through the action. The steel cable is held in place via a channel on the backside of the portion connected to the wall.

1617212128513.png

First and foremost, if a bad guy did what you describe they'd not have a working firearm that could be used on you or your family. Or if a kid did the same.
Equally, perhaps more in the DPRM, they would not have an item that meets the Massachusetts definition of "Firearm, Rifle or Shotgun".

Between picking, drilling, shimming, drilling, rapping and impressioning cable locks are nearly useless unless used to comply with law in which case they can be quite effective.

Last edited:
The image you linked was of a link that was 98% cut out. To make it work, all one had to do was twist it out and file away the nubs.

Except, this had nothing removed. It was a scale drawing printed on metal. It was a 0% kit.
it wasn't printed it was engraved into the metal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 6.34.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 6.34.07 PM.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 47
it wasn't printed it was engraved into the metal.
Seeing as autokeycard man's own lawyer used the word "etched", I suspect BATFE is getting a conviction on this.

Update: Motion to dismiss was DENIED
If he'd gone for ink silkscreen instead of fiber laser etching (that is, zero removal of metal), this man's defense might have a viable argument.

Seeing as autokeycard man's own lawyer used the word "etched", I suspect BATFE is getting a conviction on this.

If he'd gone for ink silkscreen instead of fiber laser etching (that is, zero removal of metal), this man's defense might have a viable argument.
I guess the question is "Was at least 80% of the work necessary to make it a prohibited lightning like completed?". If an item cannot be a firearm subject to ATF regulation unless it is >80% complete, how can part of an item be a firearms unless that part is 80%+ complete? In my opinion, the 80% should be a big part of the defense argument.

He has a viable argument if the law is applied as written, but not if it is interpreted based on the intent of the law.

A great example is carry on postal property. The law allows carry "incident to lawful purposes". In plain English, that means that licensed concealed carry or con-carry where legal would be a "lawful purpose" and carry "incidental to that". Even Glidden said so in an early edition of his book. This defense was used in a federal case (I do no have the cite, but will start looking) and the court rejected the "incidental to lawful purpose" argument. The court held that such lawful purposes were "obviously not what the law meant"; that accepting it would "effectively render that law meaningless", and that "incidental purpose" meant things like stepping onto postal owned land while hunting. The person who relied on the plain text meaning of the law was convicted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom