AR Lowers in MA-Who Has Them?

I did a rough calculation over the money saved going green and getting into the group buys.
Lets just say the cost of the 20 green membership was well worth it.
I have bought 8 lowers through group buys including a mini group buy I did myself and picked up 5 andersons for 64$ ea including transfer.
With all the other stuff I bought over the years.... that's 100$ worth of NES green time I have saved over 1000$
My plan if I where just getting into this
1. green membership 20$
then go from there.

Agreed. Picked up my Anderson Lowers for 50 before. My Green Mountain barrel was a $45 savings as well. Ive pretty much built my AR off parts from on here.

Unfortunately neither are in the budget for the next month or so, otherwise I'd be looking into it.

Pretty much, minus the current budget for a build. Starting a new job soon but until then, strictly the necessities.

I don't think you got what he was saying. Joining the site to get in on group buys could more than pay for itself. Right now there are 2 groups buys that have lowers for $55-56, including transfer fee. Also LPKs for $40 and BCGs for $80.

That being said, I couldn't care less if you choose to join or not. I've never advocated that anyone join; it's entirely up to them. I'm just pointing out the numbers. If you can do better without the group buys, have at it, but I'd be surprised if you could beat the price for the those lowers.

Many if not most of the culture issues here spawn from the social and political discussions in Off-Topic and General Discussion forums. Additionally, a lot of the 'players' are not green members. Most of the forums for specific topics have almost zero drama.

I would suggest to the OP to save some cash for the project and include NES membership in the budget. As above mentioned, one lower group buy would pay back the membership fee. There are usually other group buys for LPK's, furniture, etc. that would further increase the savings. There is an ongoing group buy for the best armorer's wrench on the market at an excellent price. Anyone who plans to build must have one of these tools and buying a cheap one elsewhere could have expensive consequences. Consider build parties, NES shoots, a karma win once in a blue moon, etc. and it's almost a no-brainer if you live in New England.

There are many outstanding members who will jump in to help as soon as they are able. Easy enough to get help here and ignore the drama.

This and to the OP I bet if you where 100% honest with keeping track of your money spent daily you could save a good amount of coin.
I quit smoking when they hit 2.25$ pack I smoked 5 packs a week I stuffed that 10$ a week into a jar for 3 years.
don't even go there if you smoke today! Yes 2.25 was a lot for me then.
you drink coffee? that's at least 2$ a day if you don't make it yourself, buy lunch out?
This doesn't matter much if you owe on credit cards BUT since most credit cards will pay you 1.5 to 3 % cash back you can gain a buck or two there also. So many ways to cut spending that most don't even consider. I bought 5 M1 garands on a CC that gives me 3% cash back on on transactions that's 110$ right there...that finally ended, sadly now its from 1-3% depending on the promo. The 5 M1s where funded by selling stuff on ebay...took 16 months for me to make the money but I did it by selling everything I could get a penny for.
I know many folks that will cry no money but alsways have 2 backs of smokes and a jumbo coffee in their hands. Yes there are needs and wants but some are costly.
I know people who will say the same about my shooting habbits but im not giving up my ammo budget to go by DD coffee[smile]

op have fun and grab a lower when funds allow.
Don't even want to get into the night life......don't go out for a week or two and you can buy a complete rifle.
PS I don't even remember when the YHM NES lower buy took place but im just getting to building it out now.

Last edited:
The point is if NES is so miserable a place, why subject yourself to it?

Because many people were here before the influx of retards, and the place went to shit. Not all hope is lost, there are still traces of that former shell of a forum that come through, and it's those moments that I stick around for. The culture has changed here, for the worse. Doesn't mean I am going to leave because of these ****wits. If anything it fuels me to slap their stupid asses down even more so.

One of my peeves is when people say "Go Green",as if you aren't you are somehow a lesser person.a lot of people use it to put themselves above others,and I can only guess their real lives are void of much else but their Green status on this forum.

That being said..

If you are looking for an AR lower on a budget,buying the membership here makes sense..$45 for a stripped Anderson lower plus the transfer fee plus NES membership is around $80.There is also an option for LPK's at a decent enough price.Then figure you are already a member so you are able to participate in other future buys you could save some coin and get into a low cost AR.

In this case you really do have to spend money to save money..

And then as an added bonus, you can also put down "Registered Users" and start building a superiority complex all for the very low price of $22.Plus Derek is kinda cool,which is basically the only reason I donate to the site because all the Liberals here piss me off.I haven't participated in a GB since 2004 or 2005 [smile]

Last edited:
I did a rough calculation over the money saved going green and getting into the group buys.
Lets just say the cost of the 20 green membership was well worth it.
I have bought 8 lowers through group buys including a mini group buy I did myself and picked up 5 andersons for 64$ ea including transfer.
With all the other stuff I bought over the years.... that's 100$ worth of NES green time I have saved over 1000$
My plan if I where just getting into this
1. green membership 20$
then go from there.

In retrospect, I don't know that I would say that going green has actually saved me any money. The GB forum is dangerous for my wallet and my budget! [rofl]I do stand by my earlier statement that the culture is fine around here. Some really abrasive people, but who cares?

He'll I'm in for close to $1k just for the current buys. That's not even getting everything I want...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow...

I pay for membership because I work in IT and I think that Derek should draw a paycheck for putting in the effort that he does to keep this forum running.

The group buys are a bonus.

Connecting with people like WDevine and having him engrave my lowers at a more than reasonable price at pretty much MY convenience more than justifies the price of entry.

Dysfunctional? Sht - most of my best friends are dysfunctional - what's the problem?

I met some functional people...... you can have them.
Wow...

I pay for membership because I work in IT and I think that Derek should draw a paycheck for putting in the effort that he does to keep this forum running.

The group buys are a bonus.

Connecting with people like WDevine and having him engrave my lowers at a more than reasonable price at pretty much MY convenience more than justifies the price of entry.

Dysfunctional? Sht - most of my best friends are dysfunctional - what's the problem?

The group buys are worth way more than the price of admission. However, if you're a regular its really peanuts to help support this great place regardless.

The group buys are worth way more than the price of admission. However, if you're a regular its really peanuts to help support this great place regardless.

^THIS. If you use, pay. Paying saves you a ton. I've been green for a little over 2 years and probably saved hundreds of dollars on group buys.

The same goes for supporting the pro2A groups. They do stuff that I would have no clue on handling, so I pay for their 2A advocacy.

You think this is a "great" place? Really? OK. Go back and read the first page of this thread--but be sure to take off your Awesome GREEN glasses, and then tell me what you see.

What I saw was an entire page full of responses to a very simple, direct query--and only ONE of those responses had any actionable data. The guys flogging the membership (and mocking the OP's decision making) didn't even offer a rollmark or a price as a basic data point, and in the absence of any actual attempt to help the guy out, there was just something off-putting about the petty leveraging that was going on. It isn't the first time I've seen it--and I suppose it won't be the last, but come on, is it REALLY that hard to help another guy out? Because consistently accomplishing THAT will sell memberships. Consistently accomplishing THAT will create a sense of community and cohesion--and without that, all your absurd posturing surrounding the faux virtues of paying $20 to post on this site sound a little hollow and manipulative. And lame.

This place (on aggregate) tends to throw a small, shitty, petty vibe. That is the truth as I see it. Sorry to offend your sensibilities--but as an outsider (and a fairly nuanced, neutral observer), that is the truth, and if you want to create something BETTER and STRONGER than what exists here now, you had best start addressing that. By addressing THAT--well, you actually WILL be doing Derek a favor.

Lastly--some tard (in response to this thread) negative repped me with the comment "Your dumb".

I can only hope (for his sake) that he was being ironic--but there was something to the exchange which seemed quintessentially NES.

Now if the NES brain trust would like to negative rep me off the board for saying all of this--you're going to need like eighteen negative reps--and if you think THAT is in the best interests of this website, well I don't know what to tell you, except have at it.

All the best, Gentlemen.

You think this is a "great" place? Really? OK. Go back and read the first page of this thread--but be sure to take off your Awesome GREEN glasses, and then tell me what you see. What I saw was an entire page full of responses to a very simple, direct query--and only ONE of those responses had any actionable data. The guys flogging the membership (and mocking the OP's decision making) didn't even offer a rollmark or a price as a basic data point, and in the absence of any actual attempt to help the guy out, there was just something off-putting about the petty leveraging that was going on. It isn't the first time I've seen it--and I suppose it won't be the last, but come on, is it REALLY that hard to help another guy out? Because consistently accomplishing THAT will sell memberships. Consistently accomplishing THAT will create a sense of community and cohesion--and without that, all your absurd posturing surrounding the faux virtues of paying $20 to post on this site sound a little hollow and manipulative. And lame. This place (on aggregate) tends to throw a small, shitty, petty vibe. That is the truth as I see it. Sorry to offend your sensibilities--but as an outsider (and a fairly nuanced, neutral observer), that is the truth, and if you want to create something BETTER and STRONGER than what exists here now, you had best start addressing that. By addressing THAT--well, you actually WILL be doing Derek a favor. Lastly--some tard (in response to this thread) negative repped me with the comment "Your dumb". I can only hope (for his sake) that he was being ironic--but there was something to the exchange which seemed quintessentially NES. Now if the NES brain trust would like to negative rep me off the board for saying all of this--you're going to need like eighteen negative reps--and if you think THAT is in the best interests of this website, well I don't know what to tell you, except have at it. All the best, Gentlemen.
I am the second post in this thread. First of all, I had no idea whether or not he is green as I don't bother to check that. He asked about available lowers and I pointed him in the direction of the best available deal I knew about.

Secondly, if he didn't have money available to purchase a lower, he should have waited until he did to post asking where they are.. There is no point in asking if you know anything about the current market. Who has them in stock today, may not have them tomorrow.

Third, a group buy lower, as mentioned in other posts would pay for the membership. Would we be douchebags for putting up a $21 off coupon code?

I don't get involved in BS fighting on this board, so your upper deck and girlfriend are safe from me. But seriously, lighten up Francis!

OP, this isn't about you. I didn't go green until I purchased my first rifle from the classifieds. The seller knocked $50 off it as long as I promised togo green when I got home.

Last edited:
You think this is a "great" place? Really? OK. Go back and read the first page of this thread--but be sure to take off your Awesome GREEN glasses, and then tell me what you see.

What I saw was an entire page full of responses to a very simple, direct query--and only ONE of those responses had any actionable data. The guys flogging the membership (and mocking the OP's decision making) didn't even offer a rollmark or a price as a basic data point, and in the absence of any actual attempt to help the guy out, there was just something off-putting about the petty leveraging that was going on. It isn't the first time I've seen it--and I suppose it won't be the last, but come on, is it REALLY that hard to help another guy out? Because consistently accomplishing THAT will sell memberships. Consistently accomplishing THAT will create a sense of community and cohesion--and without that, all your absurd posturing surrounding the faux virtues of paying $20 to post on this site sound a little hollow and manipulative. And lame.

This place (on aggregate) tends to throw a small, shitty, petty vibe. That is the truth as I see it. Sorry to offend your sensibilities--but as an outsider (and a fairly nuanced, neutral observer), that is the truth, and if you want to create something BETTER and STRONGER than what exists here now, you had best start addressing that. By addressing THAT--well, you actually WILL be doing Derek a favor.

Lastly--some tard (in response to this thread) negative repped me with the comment "Your dumb".

I can only hope (for his sake) that he was being ironic--but there was something to the exchange which seemed quintessentially NES.

Now if the NES brain trust would like to negative rep me off the board for saying all of this--you're going to need like eighteen negative reps--and if you think THAT is in the best interests of this website, well I don't know what to tell you, except have at it.

All the best, Gentlemen.

LOL, if it's so horrendous here, then leave... I mean lets face some facts here...

-Guy is quibbling on spending $20 to probably save way more than that on a lower. Does not make sense.
-Guy is quibbling about $20 on an AR15... whats that about 5 minutes worht of ammo these days? [rofl] Also does not make sense.

And you expect people to not react negatively to that? That someone's math is horrendous, so whenever someone calls him out on that, that it's petty, small and shitty? [rofl]

Not sure if serious. Part of getting "help" sometimes is hearing things you don't want to hear. Including that building an AR on a super tight budget is usually a really bad idea. Tell you what... if I was dirt poor I'd much rather have a guy tell me "don't build a shitty AR, do yourself a favor and put the money away until you can afford something better. " Then again I'm biased because I ****ing hate owning junk. I literally just about go without (or buy something in a different price class) before I knowingly buy junk. Junk just makes you feel dirty, like a prostitute in a place like Brockton or Fitchburg probably does. (just a guess on my part, LMAO).

About the only part I agree with you on is nobody should be goaded into getting a membership that doesn't want it, but the replies in this thread have been mostly helpful... most dealers selling stripped lowers in MA are going to be an easy 30%+ over whatever the GB price is for the same thing. You're not going to buy a cheap lower inside MA without importing it from somewhere... which is going to cost you a minimum of $20+ to transfer the thing, anyways.

The only way to get a cheap lower outside of a GB is to get one on an FTF from some guy that bought too many.... good luck doing that ramping up to a major election.... where most people are going to be turtling on lowers they have at least until they see who gets elected....

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom