• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Lowers in MA-Who Has Them?

Who seems to have a decent steady supply here in MA? Looking to pick one up for ayet-to-be-funded project, and wondering where I should start to look.

If that is the case, I would inquire when you have $$$ in hand. Whoever has lowers today may or may not, have them in a month. Especially as the election creeps closer, expect to see things become unavailable.

Who seems to have a decent steady supply here in MA? Looking to pick one up for ayet-to-be-funded project, and wondering where I should start to look.

Last time I was in northeast arms they andersons for around 65 bucks I think. Btw one of the best shops and owners I've ever dealt with.

Unfortunately neither are in the budget for the next month or so, otherwise I'd be looking into it.

You have a budget to build a several hundred dollar rifle, but not the budget to spend $20 for a membership to then save +$20 on construction of said rifle. lol.[rolleyes]

You have a budget to build a several hundred dollar rifle, but not the budget to spend $20 for a membership to then save +$20 on construction of said rifle. lol.[rolleyes]

Pretty much, minus the current budget for a build. Starting a new job soon but until then, strictly the necessities.

If that is the case, I would inquire when you have $$$ in hand. Whoever has lowers today may or may not, have them in a month. Especially as the election creeps closer, expect to see things become unavailable.

This. If you're not planning on buying a lower for a month or two, might as well wait until then since stock is usually fluid.

The culture of this website is dysfunctional.

You all should consider maybe not flogging memberships until after you fix it.

You aren't doing Derek any favors.

The culture of this website is dysfunctional.

You all should consider maybe not flogging memberships until after you fix it.

You aren't doing Derek any favors.
We should stop suggesting that people sign up for a membership to support a great site and save money? Brilliant idea.

What's wrong with the culture of this website? You need thick skin around here, but the culture is perfectly fine.

OP could spend the $20 on a membership and save $30-45 on a high quality lower through one of the current group buys. Or he could skip that and spend too much money for one and not support the website. Makes a lot of sense to me. :/

Was in the new shop in Billerica over the weekend, Shawsheen Firearms. They had a few. Didn't notice the brand but I think I saw an Aero Precision lower in the case.

You can try ephisan in fall river... Nevermind... How about zero hour.... Never mind I'm going back to bed...

(If anyone wants one I know a shop that had a few old polymer ones, the ones that are no good for a standard 5.56 rifle)

I have seen them in almost every shop i have stopped at. Op pick up the phone and call shops

shawsheen fireamrs in billerica has a ton of em in his showcase they are anderson mfg lowers i was there today, vinny and his crew are stand up guys very good people!

We should stop suggesting that people sign up for a membership to support a great site and save money? Brilliant idea.

What's wrong with the culture of this website? You need thick skin around here, but the culture is perfectly fine.

OP could spend the $20 on a membership and save $30-45 on a high quality lower through one of the current group buys. Or he could skip that and spend too much money for one and not support the website. Makes a lot of sense to me. :/

The culture is not fine around here whatsoever. This place has had an influx of "rights for me, but not for thee" types as well as people who are willing to "compromise" away their rights. On top of that, you have people who can't even comprehend the fact that someone may disagree with hem, or hold different things more important. So no, at best, its just ok.

The culture is not fine around here whatsoever. This place has had an influx of "rights for me, but not for thee" types as well as people who are willing to "compromise" away their rights. On top of that, you have people who can't even comprehend the fact that someone may disagree with hem, or hold different things more important. So no, at best, its just ok.

You don't have to play here.

Village sports in westport has a bunch of stripped lowers and i think i seen,some completed 1s as well and village sports is a few streets up from shooting supply so between them two you can build the whole rifle since they both have all the parts needed in store

If you can afford to buy a stripped lower off the shelf at your LGS, you can more than afford to buy into this site, join a group buy, and probably still have enough to buy lunch somewhere.....

Many if not most of the culture issues here spawn from the social and political discussions in Off-Topic and General Discussion forums. Additionally, a lot of the 'players' are not green members. Most of the forums for specific topics have almost zero drama.

I would suggest to the OP to save some cash for the project and include NES membership in the budget. As above mentioned, one lower group buy would pay back the membership fee. There are usually other group buys for LPK's, furniture, etc. that would further increase the savings. There is an ongoing group buy for the best armorer's wrench on the market at an excellent price. Anyone who plans to build must have one of these tools and buying a cheap one elsewhere could have expensive consequences. Consider build parties, NES shoots, a karma win once in a blue moon, etc. and it's almost a no-brainer if you live in New England.

There are many outstanding members who will jump in to help as soon as they are able. Easy enough to get help here and ignore the drama.

Pretty much, minus the current budget for a build. Starting a new job soon but until then, strictly the necessities.

I did a rough calculation over the money saved going green and getting into the group buys.
Lets just say the cost of the 20 green membership was well worth it.
I have bought 8 lowers through group buys including a mini group buy I did myself and picked up 5 andersons for 64$ ea including transfer.
With all the other stuff I bought over the years.... that's 100$ worth of NES green time I have saved over 1000$
My plan if I where just getting into this
1. green membership 20$
then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom