AR love/hate curiosity

Over 40 Under 40 pos/neg view of AR15 platform

• Total voters
So leaving the range today I passed by an older gentleman who asked what I was shooting. After I said it was AR, he replied to me in a manner that seemed almost belittling "should have known"

So the poll is simple, under 40 over 40 Do you have a positive view of AR15's or a negative view of them.

So leaving the range today I passed by an older gentleman who asked what I was shooting. After I said it was AR, he replied to me in a manner that seemed almost belittling "should have known"

So the poll is simple, under 40 over 40 Do you have a positive view of AR15's or a negative view of them.

how loud was his musket?

Over 41 and I love everything about the AR platform. Love the looks especially and all the possible ways it can be configured. I have an AR15 an AR10 and an M16A1 grill lighter.

I'm under 40 and love my AR. I was at the range the other week and an older guy asked me if I was shooting a bazooka. Must of been the 14.5 barrel with the Lantac dragon brake on it.

Over 40 - Love em. The Fudds who think my gun is "too loud" can EABOD

Man, I love when I'm at the club and I hear that loud crack and I can't help but turn my head to see what made that noise. I know what it is but I have to look anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Over 40 & love my Windham [smile]

I have the Windham SRC .308. My 5.56 is a Stag Arms. My M16 Barbecue Lighter is Gibson Original.

On the flipside of this - I'm in my mid twenties. I was shooting my type 53 at my club, and a couple of over 40 gentlemen commented that it wasn't the sort of rifle they would have expected me to be shooting. I just love wood and metal guns - one of these days I will definitely build an AR, but they just don't hold the draw for me of say an m1 garand.

On the flipside of this - I'm in my mid twenties. I was shooting my type 53 at my club, and a couple of over 40 gentlemen commented that it wasn't the sort of rifle they would have expected me to be shooting. I just love wood and metal guns - one of these days I will definitely build an AR, but they just don't hold the draw for me of say an m1 garand.

I'd love to grab an M1, but the price would need to be correct.

Mid 50's and like to shoot anything.
The "What I shoot is the only good kind " thing is a symptom of dickheaditis, not age.
He probably thinks whatever car he is driving should be the only one your supposed to have too.

lol yeah, I think he's probably sick of seeing young guys like me running around with black assault style rifles driving tuner cars.

Bet if I showed him the 1911 and 308 while in my truck he's offer me a cigar.

Cause ARs are cool but tuner cars are ghey.

Very under 40

775c190ab0cc53fad10354f918e6ed4e.png

Never trust anyone over 40. I'm over 40! [Smile] +1 for ARs

Sent from the Warlock Command Center (in my basement).

Under 40 and "meh" on AR's. I don't mind them, but I have other guns I'd much prefer to shoot/own. I own one now to shoot the pop up targets and may assemble another more precision AR because they are cheap to shoot.

However I do admit I've seen some pretty cool looking builds from some guys on here which do pique my interest from time to time.

Under 40, love my AR's and older stuff all the same. What you see me with at a range just depends on where I am in the rotation.

I would've asked that old bag what he was shooting and replied with the same exact answer.

I'm under 40 and enjoy ARs... but it's those damn kids with their Tavors and that infernal rap musics. There should be a law ya know!

Didn't vote because there should be a "DGAF about the AR15" option.

Same here but I'd prefer to call myself indifferent. They have their purpose. Scary accurate from the factory with iron sights. When built/ assembled properly they're quite reliable. Good capacity. Good weight. Low recoil. Tons of options.

Here's my hang up. I just don't get a thrill out of supersonic small bore rifles. I simply prefer large bore projectiles moving at slower speeds with butt loads of kinetic energy. This goes for handguns as well. The target has to be very specific for an entertainment value when it comes to .223/5.56. The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps jugs of water.

Example: set up a paper target or a watermelon at 80 feet. A .223 just bangs away surgically putting pin holes in the object unbeknownst to the shooter. You can't even tell half the time if you're hitting the target without optical assistance. Now try that with say an 8mm Mauser and you can visualize a pleasant result upon impact.

Yeah that's my take.

Oh yeah. Over 40

I'm north of 40 not totally fond of the AR... primarily from an affordability stand point. While AR's were in the 800 - 1k range each, you could find 2-3 Mil Autos plus a couple of cases and then some. Although some are quite nifty [smile] some are hideous to look at . Plus not to offend anyone but It seems AR's tend to jam and blow apart...just kidding. Haha[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom