• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

How's it handle? Heavy?

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

It weighs like 13 lbs loaded and with everything in the picture. I haven't shot it yet but I am dying to!

I'm kind of a "newbie" at this, but how do you use the front handle grip with a tripod? I must be thick, but I don't get it.

I took the bipod off another gun because it's just easier to take a picture. The flashlight is offset to the left and not in the way of the sights [grin] It really goes on the bottom so you can turn it on with your thumb.

I don't generally post in pic threads, but I FINALLY finished this project after a LONG LONG time. I've been wanting a Mk12 Clone for even longer, and here she is, FINALLY:

photobucket-29065-1334954789820.jpg

photobucket-16927-1334954702105.jpg

Anvil Arms NES Group Buy Upper and Lower
Douglas 18" SPR Barrel from Monty at Centurion Arms
Larue 12" Rail
Ops Inc muzzle break
BCM BCG w Gunfighter Charging Handle
Larue/Harris bi-pod combo
Magpul BAD Lever
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
LMT Sopmod Stock
Troy BUIS
Larue 104 SPR mount
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 Scope w/ illuminated mil-dot reticle and mil knobs w/ zero stop.

I cannot wait to get to the range and get it zeroed in.

I don't generally post in pic threads, but I FINALLY finished this project after a LONG LONG time. I've been wanting a Mk12 Clone for even longer, and here she is, FINALLY:

photobucket-29065-1334954789820.jpg

photobucket-16927-1334954702105.jpg

Anvil Arms NES Group Buy Upper and Lower
Douglas 18" SPR Barrel from Monty at Centurion Arms
Larue 12" Rail
Ops Inc muzzle break
BCM BCG w Gunfighter Charging Handle
Larue/Harris bi-pod combo
Magpul BAD Lever
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
LMT Sopmod Stock
Troy BUIS
Larue 104 SPR mount
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 Scope w/ illuminated mil-dot reticle and mil knobs w/ zero stop.

I cannot wait to get to the range and get it zeroed in.

nice, how do you like the nightforce? i went with the leupold mark 4 on my m1a, but i might try the nf on my next gun

All I've done is looked through it out into the backyard... but the scope is SOLID and the clarity is out of this world edge to edge. Once I get some heavy (77gr) rounds made up for it, I'm going to head to the range and see what it can do, besides out shoot me. [laugh]

I looked through all heavy hitters as far as scopes go (I've been in the market for awhile) while I was at SHOT Show this past January. Aside from Schmidt & Bender, which is WAY more than I wanted to spend, Nightforce trumped IMO. US Optics is a strong contender too, but they are EXTREMELY robust (heavy). That said, the Leupold is certainly a nice scope, and was on my "to get list" until this scope came up used on another forum for a price that was just too good to pass up and only ended up being a little more than a brand new Leupold but with more of the features I wanted. I found that the mil/mil reticle/knob combo is extremely hard to find in the used market (took over 2 years before I even found one for sale!) and new they are a bit high in price for my taste.

Seeing a few Mass residents here with Magpul P-mags. I don't know if I would be advertising a violation of the AWB like that on this public forum.
Also seeing flash hiders and collapsible stocks - hope those are pre-ban lowers. I'm not trying to nit-pick. I'm not the law man. Just saying you shouldn't advertise on a PUBLIC forum.

Last edited:
Seeing a few Mass residents here with Magpul P-mags. I don't know if I would be advertising a violation of the AWB like that on this public forum.
Also seeing flash hiders and collapsible stocks - hope those are pre-ban lowers. I'm not trying to nit-pick. I'm not the law man. Just saying you shouldn't advertise on a PUBLIC forum.

All of those stocks are pinned and the P-mags have been modified to hold just 10 rounds and I believe those are all brakes that look similar to flash hiders...so all is well and legal [grin]

Again - I honestly don't care what folks have. Just making the suggestion IF something weren't compliant - perhaps they should consider not advertising their possession of said banned item. Wasn't directed at anyone in particular either. General observation.... As for those suggesting I mind my own business - we are on a PUBLIC forum here. Anything that folks choose to post here they are making a decision to share with the entire world. So I fail to see how I should be minding my own business here. I'm trying to encourage people to keep this stuff private - so people stay out of their business!
You folks need to ease up...

Back
Top Bottom