• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

ar152.jpg

ar153.jpg

older build but just added the flashlight and the laser! i love the laser! it is now my home defense gun because the laser has made target acquisition in low light a breeze!

Thanks! Specs should be floating around this thread somewhere but off the top of my head:

American Weapon Systems AWS-15 stripped lower
DPMS lower parts kit
Ace skeleton stock
American Weapon Systems stripped uper
BCM bolt carrier group
Noveske charging handle w/ Badger Ordnance latch
White Oak Armament 16" barrel, 1:7 twist
YHM low profile gas block
YHM Phantom compensator
Troy TRX Extreme 13" hand guard
Magpul AFG fore grip
Cheap bi-pod (will upgrade eventually but it works fine)
Magpul MBUS front & rear
Nikon M-223 2-8x32 Nikoplex scope w/ Primary Arms mount

Picked up a used CAA stock saddle and Grip pod from the wilmington show.

Also use my AR as a coloring book.

47e9c44f-f346-b462.jpg

47e9c44f-f359-3b4f.jpg

Updated pics with new skeleton stock...

204379ee.jpg

1bd2945d.jpg

5a2ad404.jpg

e736f709.jpg

abf442ee.jpg

EOTech XPS2-0
Magpul Folding battle sights
16" 1:8 twist, 5R rifling 5.56
Geissele SSA 4.5lb two stage trigger
Ace skeleton stock
BCM Gunfighter Extended charging handle
LED TacLight (200 lumens)
30rd pre-ban mags w/ Magpul followers

Last edited:
How do u like that supercomp?? I have been looking at the spike's dynacomp which is basically the same design for half the money. Is it louder with the comp?

Top one-
MK12 MOD 1
Upper-High Caliber Sales MK12 MOD 1 Upper with KAC BUIS's (600m rear), PRI CH, Ops Brake, KAC rail, Harris Bi-Pod with POD-Loc
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, Giesselle SSA Trigger, A2 stock
Optic- Leupold MR/T 2.5-8 Illuminated Mil Dot with M1 Turrets on Nightforce Rings

Bottom One
M4A1
Upper-Daniel Defense Mid-Length, RIS II in FDE, KAC BUIS's (300m rear), BCM charging handle, JoJo Brake, M3X light, TD VFG, CQD sling mount
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CQD sling mount, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock
Optic-Elcan Specter Dr FDE, military version
Sling- VTAC padden (tan) with HK clips

Just waiting on my ATF form 1 to be returned to me and I can finish my MK18 Mod 1 clone :)

Here is another pic of the M4A1 clone at the range today

Last edited:
Thanks man, it will nice to have 3 spec military rifles. I really like the M4A1 with the Block II SOPMOD stuff on it. For the MK18 I'm waiting to build I'm going to do the following:

Noveske Lower
Giessle SSA Trigger
Daniel Defense LPK
CQD sling mounts (front and rear)
CQD Sling
Daniel Defense MK18 10.3 inch upper with FDE RIS II
KAC 300m BUIS
KAC Taupe Front Sight
KAC brake
M3X light
SOPMOD stock
Tango Down FDE VFG

I already have the EoTech 553 in Tan to throw on it, so I just need to start collecting parts for the rest of the build, but the lady at the ATF said its about a 7 month wait so I have some time!

bad pics i know, but the rifle is only about 40% finished anyways so it doesn't matter, pretty much the only thing staying like this is the lower and the PEQ2A. DD mk18 upper on wait, and then probably an eotech or ACOG, cant decide, but probably eotech b/c it will work with night vision. then a suppressor and it'll be close to done. got most of the expensive stuff out of the way though.

photobucket-1828-1331860643113.jpg

photobucket-2969-1331860658232.jpg

Okay, please don't laugh.....this is my first AR "project", very simple....just your standard Stag Model 8 with some eye candy.....really like the Vortex red dot......shot like a champ today!!!! My next AR is in progress, Larue Tactical Preditor upper with a 20" barrel, Spike's Tactical billet lower, DPMS LPK, Timney 3 lb skeletonized trigger and lots of Magpul goodness.

IMG_1708.jpg IMG_1711.jpg

Last edited:
How about some specs on the AR Lou? Nice looking.

Seekins Precision Billet upper & lower
RRA LPK
Mega Trigger
Rainier select 14.5 (1x8) barrel w/Rainier XTC comp pin & welded
Troy Battle rail
PWS Enhanced buffer tube
Heavy Carbine buffer
Rainier chrome BCG
Magpul K grip
Magpul MOE
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Upper , lower & rail finished in Tactical Grey Cerakote.

Here is my bone stock Bushmaster XM-15 2000 vintage. All I plan on doing is a small rail under the handgaurd for a bipod or VFG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332983503.911714.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332983503.911714.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 176
Took my Boys out for some pictures today....how did I do? Bottom one is a Stag Model 8 with some Magpul goodies and the top one is a Larue 20" Stealth Upper on a Spike tactical lower, DPMS LPK, Timney 3 lb skeleton trigger, Vortex scope and some more Magpul toys to finish it off. IMG1.jpg IMG2.jpg IMG3.jpg IMG4.jpg

100_2578.jpg

My Bushmaster XM15-ES2 with Aimpoint CompM4 and Aimpoint 3xMag w/twist-off mount. I just got the two Aimpoint products off ebay for 680+650 w/free shipping, which I think was a great deal.

Last edited:
View attachment 29902

My Bushmaster XM15-ES2 with Aimpoint CompM4 and Aimpoint 3xMag w/twist-off mount. I just got the two Aimpoint products off ebay for 680+650 w/free shipping, which I think was a great deal.

How's it handle? Heavy?

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

Back
Top Bottom