AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Don't sweat it, the guy with the biggest problem with them got the boot some time ago.

Yeah but that doesn't make the product any less crappy. I mean I'm glad BDB got a working one, but let's be honest, that GB was doomed to fail from the start because of the skinflint nature of the product.

-Mike

True, but the epic Subaru selfie thread that developed on the Ice arms buy was just that....epic.

Yes it was! I wasn't in on the GB as I had purchased 4 of them a couple of months before the GB and it really hit the fan with Ice Arms. I got my moneys worth (an ordering mixup that ended up in my favor in the end) at a time when BCGs were hard to come by. I did have to stake all the keys though since they looked like they were done with....... what was it "a baby's penis" if I call right [rofl]

Ed, I spent about an hour on ARFCOM drueling over the block II clone thread... 45 minutes later...

I cant help myself, i just love the DD on it.

What? I didn't see any Dunkin Donuts!

New build:
8A74DD73-0FC7-4FFB-9B99-2DF2468D8A0C_zps66m05dro.jpg

F934D5A7-D670-4D53-BC60-E04B515058D5_zps8vt0mb2p.jpg

Nice. Some day, I might like to build something with parts from each of these, probably in 6.8 or .30AR or something else in that .270 to .300 range.

New to the Forum. Here is my baby:

Nice rifle Tacticool. I noticed something in your picture though, you have your optic on a cantilever mount on the forward rail. The purpose of the cantilever mount is to give you more rail space on the upper and to get the optics on the upper, where is no shift as the barrel is mounted to the upper. I know it's a Daniel Defense and it's not likely to have play on your rail but if you can swap the mount around it may provide better long term zero.

Here is the setup I am talking about -
Dsc_0013.jpg

Regardless, sweet rifle

Nice rifle Tacticool. I noticed something in your picture though, you have your optic on a cantilever mount on the forward rail. The purpose of the cantilever mount is to give you more rail space on the upper and to get the optics on the upper, where is no shift as the barrel is mounted to the upper. I know it's a Daniel Defense and it's not likely to have play on your rail but if you can swap the mount around it may provide better long term zero.

Here is the setup I am talking about -
Dsc_0013.jpg

Regardless, sweet rifle

Thanks, Cmaro21! i'm going to fix that today.

The pair - both shot for the first time today - one in 5.56, one in 9mm (The one with the AFG 2 and the FDE stock and grip, respectively)
IMG_2084.jpg

Anderson Lowers from MinutemanArmament's first group buy
5.56 is an Anderson 16" upper, DS Arms BCG, Yankee Hill Charge handle
9mm is a PSA full kit (everything-but-a-lower)

my god, the 9mm is fun (32rd uzi mags :D)

Had a Sunday Funday and thought I would share a few pics. Sorry for tainting the thread with an AK pic...
A0EEC182-F0A3-43A7-91DC-4171F123E9DC_zpsufpfszhb.jpg

I got yelled at for taking "beauty pics" on the table so I threw them on the ground for a few pics. Literally.
6EE7D6C7-DEA0-460F-9773-BB1B476B6397_zpszmkm7l7i.jpg

Hard to see on my phone but looks like the irons are on backwards. Did you do the cerakote yourself?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, this is my Cerakote application, built my own mini oven. I prefer looking at the side of the sights with the writing vs the opposite side, doesn't really effect the function, but made it alot easier when adjusting them sighting in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom