AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Primary Arms has them for $379 I don't really think that is a bad price as the stock has ZERO plastic is all fully machined aluminum, and includes a complete bolt carrier group. A Magpul PRS stock which is 100% plastic is $200+

I guess I don't see what the point of the stock is - it's not lighter than a traditional stock, and that super compact stock LWRC makes is just as compact. Lack of cheek weld and a proprietary BCG(btw would that run in a 9mm AR which is what I would want to put it on) make it even less appealing.

edit - this is the LWRC stock:

https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ultra-compact-stock.aspx#inf-tabs weight = .452 lbs, PDW stock weight = 1lb 8oz according to PA's website. Fully collapsed it's as compact as the PDW stock according to pics I've seen.

edit 2 - So apparently I'm a liar, the PDW stock is around 1.5 inches shorter than the LWRC. The pics I had seen were with the two stocks off the receiver, just saw one with them installed side by side.

Last edited:
So this is finally complete, I had built a lower and had an upper and a bull barrel. I had picked up some other parts along the way but yesterday and today I decided to purchase another lower, and parts for an upper. I know it's confusing when all is said and done by this time next week I'll have an additional 20inch ar with heavy barrel etc.

Ok so aero precision lower, stag upper, lower parts kit from minute man armory, it's basically mill spec with a smoother trigger. Ares armor 16 inch barrel and nib bolt carrier and bolt, ares armor charging handle, Yankee hill low profile gas block and compensator, ace skeleton stock curtesy of one Mr. Atilla, ALG defense super lightweight aluminum rail, magpul flip up sights, and a lucid m7 sight (heard mixed reviews but it seems solid and the price was right).

2060a941bc61b9fd58a9ee849c454ea3.jpg

how do you like that stock on your rifle? good choice on the handguards, you can get that stock in your shoulder and then reach waaaay out on that bad boy.

how do you like that stock on your rifle? good choice on the handguards, you can get that stock in your shoulder and then reach waaaay out on that bad boy.
I can't speak for the OP, but my wife's AR has the same stock and it's very comfortable to shoot. Good LOP for me (I'm 6'+ and have monkey arms) and the foam is firm enough that you don't feel like you're in a different position from shot to shot.

I can't speak for the OP, but my wife's AR has the same stock and it's very comfortable to shoot. Good LOP for me (I'm 6'+ and have monkey arms) and the foam is firm enough that you don't feel like you're in a different position from shot to shot.

he bought it from me, it was on lady atilla's rifle. [wink]

we swapped her stock out for a six position tube and a CTR stock. it's 1/2" shorter than the entry stock which was what she was going for.

I haven't shot it yet literally finished putting that together last night. But I like how it feels shouldering it. And it's nice and light with that forens too. I sorta had done a build I was going to put it on, then never did it, took some parts off that to complete this and so now I put it in this and once I get my gas block I'll have another build complete.

I've gotten to play around with a few of the different ones.
They suck to take the rifle down on some of them more then others. The ones that use a standard bcg are the hardest .
the check weld sucks . You basically need to add padding . I still want one but waiting for price to go down.

They are pretty lame for the price. If you want shorter then a carbine stock and still have a cheek weld, the LWRC short stock (what ever it is called) is pretty awesome for $100, basically a mini SOPMOD. Or spend an other 2-300 for a stock that that is one inch shorter, uncomfortable to shoot, but looks cool on the internet.

Exactly what I wanted and love it. If your not cool on the Internet then your just not cool at all :)

100%. I am not trying to take away from the cool factor at all. Christ, I have MK14 EBR Mod 0 boat anchor in my closet that I had to have because it was cool.

24122838-3CB1-4EFD-B062-F5DCE96C9369_zpsn7wwzsus.jpg

78A41F78-8DF1-4D68-A58C-7F8457866F2E_zpsc1himqux.jpg
1EDF3737-345B-4B8C-9D08-2F251EF9C1A7_zpsjkptedkj.jpg

Not done yet, but at least now it's useable once it's sighted in.

For those curious..

PPF lower
Andro corp 7.5" 5.56 upper
Magpul MOE+ grip
ALG ACT trigger
WMD NiB BCG
Strike industries bolt catch
Strike industries 60* safety
Seekins mag release
Strike industries enhanced mag catch
2A Armament titanium take down pins
PA MD ADS
Fortis charging handle
LWRC UCIW stock
Fortis QD sling plate

I'm going to swap the ALG with my velocity when it comes in, need to toss on the comp, and new forward assist

24122838-3CB1-4EFD-B062-F5DCE96C9369_zpsn7wwzsus.jpg

78A41F78-8DF1-4D68-A58C-7F8457866F2E_zpsc1himqux.jpg
1EDF3737-345B-4B8C-9D08-2F251EF9C1A7_zpsjkptedkj.jpg

Not done yet, but at least now it's useable once it's sighted in.

For those curious..

PPF lower
Andro corp 7.5" 5.56 upper
Magpul MOE+ grip
ALG ACT trigger
WMD NiB BCG
Strike industries bolt catch
Strike industries 60* safety
Seekins mag release
Strike industries enhanced mag catch
2A Armament titanium take down pins
PA MD ADS
Fortis charging handle
LWRC UCIW stock
Fortis QD sling plate

I'm going to swap the ALG with my velocity when it comes in, need to toss on the comp, and new forward assist
Nice SBR! Looks all business. [emoji6]

I really like the LWRC stock, it just works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Some updated pics of the ARs

Colt Sporter Target. Replaced the original upper with a USGI M16A1 upper. Going for the late Vietnam era features (full magazine fence, forward assist, birdcage FH, and trapdoor stock)

Homecoming_1341_zps9edybukz.jpg

Homecoming_1344_zpslxcnyqbo.jpg

Colt SP1 Carbine. Not really issued to the the Army in this configuration, but the Air Force GAU-5P is pretty similar (no fence, or forward assist, all other A1 features)

Homecoming_1349_zpseg9sf480.jpg

Homecoming_1348_zpspznslqwr.jpg

Colt AR15A2 Gov't. Like the M16A2 I carried in the Army, except only semi-auto, large pin/screw take down, and no magazine fence.

Homecoming_1352_zps1pieans7.jpg

Homecoming_1351_zpsg74wpsji.jpg

Rock Island Armory/Sendra transferrable machine gun, done up like an early 90's Colt 727 (A2 features, with collapsible stock and M4 profile barrel, no removable carry handle)

Homecoming_1345_zps1xi5xzqy.jpg

Homecoming_1347_zpsdiper7w8.jpg

Colt Sporter Target with a DPM Shop Gov't profile upper and Leupold 1.25-4 scope. Set up as my DMR rifle

Homecoming_1358_zpsienawdgj.jpg

Homecoming_1357_zpswa9n2wwg.jpg

Windham WW15 set up as an M4 clone with Trijicon TA31.

Homecoming_1363_zpsa2yeeqxk.jpg

Homecoming_1364_zpsuco7mwtf.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

GI Joe's army navy in north Attleboro. Back in the day, he took in a lot of older militaria, and a good portion of it made it to the bins, along with the modern stuff.

This is stupid, I know, but I have always wanted to try this. I put this together around a $189 Palmetto upper that I just got, along with an 80% lower that I had finished and some other parts I had laying around. I've got all of $250 into this thing so far. It needs a mag catch and selector that I have coming in a group buy, and I will need to get a bolt if I don't just want to use it with my .22 conversion.

I picked up three cans of camo Rustoleum at Home Depot on my way home from work today.

Back
Top Bottom