AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Ugh sorry bros, I'm saving up for a trip to the cerakote place so it can look more used.

I wish it wasn't so expensive to make your gun look used.

I've been working on a light setup for the go to rifle. Finally settled on this setup. Looking for any feedback regarding issues for this mounting position. It is easy to actuate from either side and this thing has some throw (1250 lumens / 450+ yards).

ZduwroE-moM_HMo5y_l7WSs45HcnyxmOMcJhxFJNGayhwQBBM05H_AGX7KLdPAC5411Uym2YtsgCxocXypMaO9grNMjuoO21cJZbR1xAYC6p8sTdUQ2a-_XtVF4m88xMPqnWsQ7WrJlRBrn7PZFKbjFLk5bqP4tlhPoUWMPHW9H2bc-MkheNeDCq9_CoT1eQsxj0x21dH_dD7DnJBQprinnxqipKxDNYbPMih2E0MoEQkZdiNs_f8qMCJ-qugmPQftHMwazzYXUngakaLgF5deBR44EcNCpDtfMsZS1np61iJhgIU3kKq7h3FrCVx0j4qSKZPvetx7xbq0I_nwdtl0R0T5uF3bNqjEFwn0DO_2Oax1rg_9r5z5dHL-u2WnZ100BDPnP4MJPiCj5nnEGlqVFE22ZdmxugkVFE9ewPfaZvSzXKrXYTAnoQK5L1YgpGSjX6pXvZx6hqeNiF-WAza02v-6-uspk9zOI51H7SVQ7aWjdxswnY9hyCTUfRpQ_stFNQxwYBWjKpfkWcNOb8VBbSPyXAHYOO1qQx-gRWizE=w800-h450-no

puFyxX9IEMn5DqIVGzUPFWCF8oh2kUIoLZxfMXz1F9vT-mvuA8Yj_jJcwU3ghF_cUZ87-U_9hvqdWrn--dENch6rsl_vwMH5lGGzoWNM_JC-h0TasoTKz4LF18cTymWzlejyP-b21rdNP4P7eRgfpDyLHGRo2p6KzVH3LwQS-TEskpdcVUgvAe6ibznnpczwJICDDwGT5lB4Yq_7uBAiBLJa6p80htIFUciFZrwzD7jyKiykew-hhdvf0Iv1yVxoyS_FTt2ada-IXa7xZsxaH3Sa7FX-Wg2IO-u059Ozy5YHuO9Ky2u8mrhEZjVUnJIf1U6PU5dmobNiyFnlhmeGuOhr6DdWDMb9OlJMYi21dz9q_XRpT05tEqoxgBvdWsluCU7dsfEwL_6chyDC0OlSVvxITZlh9HhmvaCeG7YnVRag-_oq8fp35Ty7GAfJTleWJTRfSS6OfyBUrQXa7MzavlsI338eN6Xw_dvOJ8y01Yzt4nPLWRQCsd3n07w5IXq0n-pRWggeLO2NbTJ4yAtTGeJrRUQPQ0IagQ2YL1ka8J0=w800-h450-no

I've been working on a light setup for the go to rifle. Finally settled on this setup. Looking for any feedback regarding issues for this mounting position. It is easy to actuate from either side and this thing has some throw (1250 lumens / 450+ yards).

Your picture links don't work, they are about 9 miles long.

What are your plans with all that light, hunt at night?

I see it now. That thing sure is fancy.

I would move that mount to your 12 o'clock rail. With the light above your barrel you won't get the shadowing from it as bad. Plus, if you shoot with your thumb on the top rail, the on button will be right there and you an slim it down by getting rid of the rail section you have it on now. That is a good mount, I had one and gave it to Cloverleaf when I went to Keymod.

Last edited:
I see it now. That thing sure is fancy.

I would move that mount to your 12 o'clock rail. With the light above your barrel you won't get the shadowing from it as bad. Plus, if you shoot with your thumb on the top rail, the on button will be right there and you an slim it down by getting rid of the rail section you have it on now. That is a good mount, I had one and gave it to Cloverleaf when I went to Keymod.
Yeah I think up top would be better all around but I had to remove the front BUIS to mount it there (hits the light). But I tried it with the light at the 10:00 position and moved the front sight behind the light mount. While I loose 3-4" on the sight radius it is still better than a carbine setup and will do the job. The only issue is I can now barely see the edge of the light bezel through the 1.5x ACOG which doesn't really impact anything. Will run it that way for a while to see how it works. I really like the mount and the light, it has amazing throw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

-Bushmaster Pre-Ban Lower
-X Products Side Charging Upper
-10.5" Barrel
-Noveske KX5 Flaming Pig Flash Hider
-Troy PDW Stock

IMG_0883-vi.jpg

Very cool. Would love to hear details and impressions of that stock.

That would also look great in the NFA photo thread.

BigBlue is all like: I really that stock.... Troy... But I really like that stock... But Troy

I have always liked Troy folding battle sights way more than any other, I still have them on two ARs

Bwahahahahahaha Touche my friend, touche!

Very cool. Would love to hear details and impressions of that stock.

That would also look great in the NFA photo thread.

I've gotten to play around with a few of the different ones.
They suck to take the rifle down on some of them more then others. The ones that use a standard bcg are the hardest .
the check weld sucks . You basically need to add padding . I still want one but waiting for price to go down.

They suck to take the rifle down on some of them more then others. The ones that use a standard bcg are the hardest .
the check weld sucks . You basically need to add padding . I still want one but waiting for price to go down.

I've been waiting for price & competition to improve. I have a lower and 2 uppers just waiting for projects...

I agree, tired one and wouldn't buy one at a low price never mind as high as it is.

So this is finally complete, I had built a lower and had an upper and a bull barrel. I had picked up some other parts along the way but yesterday and today I decided to purchase another lower, and parts for an upper. I know it's confusing when all is said and done by this time next week I'll have an additional 20inch ar with heavy barrel etc.

Ok so aero precision lower, stag upper, lower parts kit from minute man armory, it's basically mill spec with a smoother trigger. Ares armor 16 inch barrel and nib bolt carrier and bolt, ares armor charging handle, Yankee hill low profile gas block and compensator, ace skeleton stock curtesy of one Mr. Atilla, ALG defense super lightweight aluminum rail, magpul flip up sights, and a lucid m7 sight (heard mixed reviews but it seems solid and the price was right).

2060a941bc61b9fd58a9ee849c454ea3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom