AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

20140201_093545-vi.jpg

20140201_094449-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been able to test at the range yet. It's an extremely nice piece of kit ...

Kit? Is that British, or Australian?

Sorry, looks like a carbine, just looked at the barrel and it looked loooooong from the angle of the picks I guess ;)

It looked like a 20" to me in that picture also.

Just finishing it up. Would like to replace the grip and add a sling, but for now it's good enough.

Dissipator build, huh?

Nice stick! I have always like the Dissipator look.
Looks nice. I like that. I want to do something like this in an 18" some day. Has anyone ever done that? Preferably, would be with a fluted barrel and other stuff to keep the weight low.

Last edited:
Nice! Tell us about all the pieces!

Lower
Lower: Midwest PX Premium 7075 Billet Lower
LPK: Midwest PX LTG LPK
Trigger: Hiperfire 24C
Stock: Magpul UBR
Grip: Magpul MOE+

Upper
Upper: Midwest PX Forged Upper
BCG: Midwest PX Enhanced BCG
Barrel: 16" Centurion Arms Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
Handguard: 12" Fortis REV
Charging Handle: Rainier Arms Raptor
Sights: Front MBUS Pro, Rear MBUS Pro

This trigger is fast becoming my favorite single stage. I've got the medium-light springs in it now and the adjustable shoe feels like it gives me more control over the trigger or maybe that's just what I'm perceiving since the pad of my finger is interfacing with more surface area on the trigger. The MBUS Pro sights are also a big hit. Super low profile but very solid design. I'm a fan. I personally didn't like the MBUS or MBUS2 polymer sights so I was a little apprehensive about the MBUS Pros but having fiddled with them, I'm sold on them as an alternative to Troy sights.

Lower
Lower: Midwest PX Premium 7075 Billet Lower
LPK: Midwest PX LTG LPK
Trigger: Hiperfire 24C
Stock: Magpul UBR
Grip: Magpul MOE+

Upper
Upper: Midwest PX Forged Upper
BCG: Midwest PX Enhanced BCG
Barrel: 16" Centurion Arms Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
Handguard: 12" Fortis REV
Charging Handle: Rainier Arms Raptor
Sights: Front MBUS Pro, Rear MBUS Pro

This trigger is fast becoming my favorite single stage. I've got the medium-light springs in it now and the adjustable shoe feels like it gives me more control over the trigger or maybe that's just what I'm perceiving since the pad of my finger is interfacing with more surface area on the trigger. The MBUS Pro sights are also a big hit. Super low profile but very solid design. I'm a fan. I personally didn't like the MBUS or MBUS2 polymer sights so I was a little apprehensive about the MBUS Pros but having fiddled with them, I'm sold on them as an alternative to Troy sights.
[thumbsup] Drooling over here! Floating barrel? And what's that optic? Would love to see some target shots! Sounds like it should be a seriously accurate rifle!

[thumbsup] Drooling over here! Floating barrel? And what's that optic? Would love to see some target shots! Sounds like it should be a seriously accurate rifle!
Yeah, the Fortis REV handguard is a free float. The barrel isn't a precision-oriented barrel but it's more than combat accurate. The optic is a Trijicon SRS QD model. Huge FOV even compared to a full-size Aimpoint tube.

Here's my first AR I assembled or owned I figured why buy when I could put it together,finished it last night. I'm just waiting on sights/optic. QD upper and lower,Geiselle trigger, CTR stock pinned, 16" GM barrel , Fortis 14" rail and Fortis brake. Crappy cell pic, but you get the idea.
2014-02-12_19-41-27_387.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my first AR I assembled or owned I figured why buy when I could put it together,finished it last night. I'm just waiting on sights/optic. QD upper and lower,Geiselle trigger, CTR stock pinned, 16" GM barrel , Fortis 14" rail and Fortis brake. Crappy cell pic, but you get the idea.
View attachment 94159

Nice! The QD lower/upper looks great. I dropped a Geiselle SSA-E in one of my ARs this winter and eager to see how it shoots.

This is a crappy pic but since I just shot it for the first time this AM I thought I would post it.

24" Wilson Arms bull barrel in .223 Wylde 1/8 twist
Windham Weaponry free float hand guard
Nikon P-223 4-12 x 40mm and Nikon M-223 mount

Its a touch on the heavy side!!

Back
Top Bottom