AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Serious question, as I'm considering an Midwest Industries mid-length Keymod rail. What's wrong with Keymod?
Nothing wrong. It's actually got more pros than cons. I personally only use keymod rail only. It's lighter and my accessories can easily shared between different platform.

CDIH just drooling over the keymod rail. Don't wet your pant. [wink]

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
Nice setup!

This is a crappy pic but since I just shot it for the first time this AM I thought I would post it.

24" Wilson Arms bull barrel in .223 Wylde 1/8 twist
Windham Weaponry free float hand guard
Nikon P-223 4-12 x 40mm and Nikon M-223 mount

Its a touch on the heavy side!!

AR15 with LRB lower from group buy, Windham Weaponry upper. Eventually will change the furniture.

Bottom pic is my new M&P 10.

e8ygy3ez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That thing looks like a tack driver

Hopefully. It's only zeroed at the indoor 25 yard range. I have some good ammo and plan to test her on the 100/200 yard range at MRA soon. It is definitely a front end heavy range toy. Can't see lugging it out on a yote hunt!

Shwing!!!!!!!!

Very nice indeed!!!

Specs???

Top rifle 308
Quentin Defense lower
DPMS Upper
Rainer 16 midlength barrel
Surefire brake
AP Custom BCG
AP Custom 15" carbon fiber handguard
Aimpoint Micro
ADM mount
haven't decided on what trigger to get, maybe JP or Hiperfire

Lower rifle .223
Firebird Lower/Upper
WOA SPR barrel turned down
Custom Brake
AP Custom carbon fiber 15 handguard
Light weight BCG
Taccom 3g buffer
Arredondo magwell
Ace Stock
Timney trigger
Vortex Razr 1-6x
ADM Mount

Last edited:
aada51.jpg

2vbtqb7.jpg

This is my first SPR which is pretty handy in tighter spaces without the can on and should be a nail driver since Odin guarantees 1MOA or better with these tubes.

Upper

Receiver: Complete PX Forged Upper Receiver
Barrel: ODIN Works 18" 3-Gun Stainless
BCG: WMD Guns Full-Auto Profile NiB-X
Handguard: 14" Centurion Arms CMR w/ bipod stud
Charging handle: Rainier Arms Raptor
Muzzle device: AAC 51-tooth Blackout flash hider

Lower

Receiver: Midwest PX Premium Billet Lower Receiver
LPK: Midwest PX AR15 LTG LPK with and ODIN Works Extended Mag Release (XMR)
Trigger: Hiperfire 24E
Grip: BCM Mod1
Stock: Luth-AR Skeleton stock

Rifle alone weighs 7.5lbs and with the optic, 8lbs 15oz. I haven't weighed it with the can and bipod on there yet.

Center of gravity is just forward of the magwell without the can which is right where I like it. My intent with this build was to have a true dual-purpose rifle that is handy enough that it can be used for close quarters while also being effective at 500 yards. The 1.5-5 is currently for sale and I'll be replacing it with a 1-6 or 1-8 to further improve this rifle's utility in both roles.

I really like the stock. It's like a lightweight PRS with an adjustable cheek weld and buttplate. It weighs about 1.25lbs which is nearly half of a PRS. It's also close to half the price. As far as the polymer goes, it's not as smooth/uniform as what Magpul uses and reminds me more of a New Frontier Armory polymer lower which is fine since I know how much abuse those can take without failing.

Back
Top Bottom