AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Most recent pics of my S&W M&P15 ORC.

I Added:
Aimpoint PRO
Daniel Defense Omega rail
DiamondHead G2 Backup sights
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging handle
Fab Defense G2 T-pod
Spikes Punisher/American flag ejection port dust cover
LimbSaver buttstock pad
Cammenga magazine dust covers

E46652C2-orig_zpsc65af35e.jpg

5f2f8fdf-c891-4cff-a03c-433a1beae2c5_zpsa103a1f2.jpg

C0455178-orig_zps2f0de24f.jpg

94E6A755-orig_zpsa6c29ad0.jpg

09D15E7E-orig_zps2010cb47.jpg

CDB90C47-orig_zpsf868bd87.jpg

7f26c999-f866-4d28-9579-90a1b97e95bd_zps7a45bb49.png

Last edited:
DONE.

7 lbs 3 oz

Anderson lower, upper, tactical charging handle, gas tube
Cmmg customizable lower parts kit (no trigger or grip)
Magpul BAD lever
Ar-gold trigger
Ergo grip
Ace stock
Tubb speedlock flatwire buffer spring
Dpms buffer tube
Jp low mass carrier and buffer
Daniel Defense Iron sights with AP custom low profile front picatinny
Clark custom guns 16" carbon fiber hand guard (custom installed to be removable)
Ice Arms (NEVER AGAIN) 18" 1:8 rifle length medium weight/contour stainless steel barrel and NiB coated mp/hp tested bolt
Miculek Comp
SLR Rifleworks DA7 click/detent adjustable gas block

hM7LJxO.jpg

nice table
0t0WQgF.jpg

for those interested, the clark custom is the lightest carbon fiber hand guard due to the aluminum barrel nut, but the 1 drawback is that you are told to epoxy the unit to the barrel nut- making it impossible to remove without damaging. My solution was the following: after tightening down the barrel nut to see which hole would line up with the gas tube, I tapped 3 of the other gas tube holes- 2 to the upper sides and 1 centered below. I then loctited a length of screw in each hole, hacksawed them off when cured, then dremeled them flush.
crZoY9w.jpg

Then I fitted the hand guard by drilling and tapping into the plug screws, and found some black allen screws that used the same sized wrench as the one used to adjust my gas block.

Last edited:
Here is my first AR and my first build. Very simple, bought the upper complete. All I wanted was something inexpensive and something that reminded me of the M16 I used in the Army back in the 80's. I will put more time and though into my next build.

Last edited:
Okay, okay.................you got me there. I was going to remove the picture but whatever............... it is funny! [smile]

On second thoughts....................what are you talking about..........I didnt even post a picture. [thinking]

Last edited:
Okay, okay.................you got me there. I was going to remove the picture but whatever............... it is funny! [smile]

Once on the web, forever on the web... [rofl2]

Or is that how the army has their carry handles and rear sites?? [rofl2]

You do realize, of course, you'll never live this one down... [rofl2]

This is mine a 1975 SP1 unmolested or modified, triangle forward grip and all, not even forward assist I never need it anyway, someone said to me once, I see you got a base model well at least you have one.

Does this qualify for this post here this is my bull pup it is a Steyr Aug, it is 10 years old and still unfired.

Dean

Last edited:
my5ajujy.jpg

PSA upper
PSA/FN 14.7 CL CHF barrel
Larue 12.0
Aimpoint CompM2
VTAC 2-point
On the stock is a SOFT-T Torniquet in a flashbang pouch.
TLR-2 with IR laser
Troy Flip-up Front and Rear
BCM Mod 3 Gunfighter Grip
BCM Mod4 Ambi CH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom