AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I had never seen them before but took a chance. They are super light and idiot proof to install, just need to figure out what I may want to put on the removable rail sections now if anything.

Wanted to share a few recent upgrades. I mounted a Pair of YHM Q.D.S. Front and Rear sights & CAA vertical foregrip (thanks JFDugal). Also purchased an EOtech G23 3X Magnifier off of RBT (thanks for your help). Currently on order is a Samson STAR-C-EX-P Rail as well as some John Norrell's Moly Resin in OD green. Will update with pics as I get parts in.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wanted to share a few recent upgrades. I mounted a Pair of YHM Q.D.S. Front and Rear sights & CAA vertical foregrip (thanks JFDugal). Also purchased an EOtech G23 3X Magnifier off of RBT (thanks for your help). Currently on order is a Samson STAR-C-EX-P Rail as well as some John Norrell's Moly Resin in OD green. Will update with pics as I get parts in.

(pic)

Looks great. How do you like the magnifier?

2012_08_19_0041.jpg

wearing new Magpul M.O.E. carbine hand guards i picked up from American Weapon Systems....
next, new butt stock....

just have to do some sanding to get it to fit my buffer tube....

ETA:
got the troy stock on there.... took a bunch of sanding... then some pounding with a wooden dowel and hammer....
uh, yeh..... stock isn't going anywhere without more hammer and dowling.. so....
good enough for now until i settle on another stock/tube set... heh.... 'least i got the sling back on there....

Last edited:
Finally finished putting my yhm rifle together from the group buy, upper is also yhm, Daniel defense lpk, rra Chrome bolt, green mountain 20" 1/7 twist barrel and Midwest industries 15" free float. Getting a Harris bipod, surefire supressor adaptor muzzle brake and not sure what scope to go with.

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 147
My AR is on the right side. . . I know they are confusing [wink]

AKAR.jpg

Thats actually a bad pic of the AR, I just wrapped the stock with paracord. I love doing knots and wraps with this stuff, not only is it comfortable on your face when shooting, its also usefull for repairing shoe laces ect. Wrap was done on a Mass compliant stock (Magpul MOE pinned in place)

ARstock.jpg

S&W M&P 15T. So far love it. Thinking bout putting an ace skeleton stock and a muzzle break. Other than that....shoot it. 1st AR and I think I did pretty well.

Last edited:
S&W M&P 15T. So far love it. Thinking bout putting an ace skeleton stock and a muzzle break. Other than that....shoot it. 1st AR and I think I did pretty well.

Looks good! Would you happen to be a member over at the Beagle club? I need to find a sponsor!....

After doing a lot of research on AR15.com on the various clone threads, and seeing the MK18 and the Mk12 in the wild in Afghanistan, I have come up with the closest versions of them I could have. I started the MK12 exactly a year ago, and finished the MK18 today.

Sorry for the low quality pics, I'll try to get some better ones sometime. I only have my Iphone available. All 100% Mass Legal

From top to bottom:

Mk12 Mod1

High Caliber Sales Upper
Kac BUIS (front, 300-600m back)
PRI GB CH
Noveske Lower
Giesselle SSA trigger
DD LPK
A2 Stock
LaRue Mount
Night Force 2.5-10x32 Illuminated Mil Dot with Zero Stop
Harris Bi-Pod with Pod Loc

M4A1 SOPMOD Block II

Daniel Defense Upper
KAC Taupe BUIS
MATECH BUIS
PRI GB CH
JoJo Comp
Stag Lower
DD LPK
LMT SOPMOD stock
Troy QD sling mount
M3X light
ELCAN Specter DR 1-4 Military Overrun

MK18

High Caliber Sales Upper Receiver
JoJo Comp
PRI GB CH
KAC Taupe Front and Rear 300m BUIS
CQD front and rear sling mounts
CQD Sling
Noveske Lower
Giesselle SSA trigger
LMT Sopmod Stock (Gen 1)
H Buffer
DD LPK
M3X light
Insight Dual Pressure switch
Tango Down VFG

All I need is a dual pressure switch for the M4A1 and the tan EOTECH 553 for the MK18

Last edited:
I'll play.

The big pieces are stock DPMS. I added the Troy drop in battle rail, Magpul MOE grip, stock and AFG, Primary Arms multi reticle sight, Miculek brake (at the moment it's running a RRA Tactical but I think the miculek runs better), and Geissele SSA-E trigger. I converted it to left hand friendly with an Armadynamics charging handle, RRA Star safety (not shown) and Troy mag release. Not the highest end rig out there, but it runs nice. I might put a free float rail on it this year, but for the moment I'm happy.

13abe0e7.jpg

Yhm upper and lower, rra Chrome bolt carrier, green mountain 20" 1/7 barrel, miculek muzzle brake, mi ss series 15" ff handguard, Daniel defense lpk, dnz scope mount and Simmons whitetail scope. The scope had great reviews and was priced right so I figured it give it a shot.

Last edited:
Yhm upper and lower, rra Chrome bolt carrier, green mountain 20" 1/7 barrel, miculek muzzle brake, mi ss series 15" ff handguard, Daniel defense lpk, dnz scope mount and Simmons whitetail scope. The scope had great reviews and was priced right so I figured it give it a shot.

Sounds good. A picture would be nice.

Sounds good. A picture would be nice.

Its the one in post 1171

I'll play.

The big pieces are stock DPMS. I added the Troy drop in battle rail, Magpul MOE grip, stock and AFG, Primary Arms multi reticle sight, Miculek brake (at the moment it's running a RRA Tactical but I think the miculek runs better), and Geissele SSA-E trigger. I converted it to left hand friendly with an Armadynamics charging handle, RRA Star safety (not shown) and Troy mag release. Not the highest end rig out there, but it runs nice. I might put a free float rail on it this year, but for the moment I'm happy.

13abe0e7.jpg

Nice stick. How do you like the PA multi reticle red dot? Hadn't really seen that one before, was just checking it out on PA's site.

Back
Top Bottom