AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Ah, interesting. It probably measures out 18" to the end of the muzzle brake and since it's pinned that technically makes it part of the barrel. Was most likely a 16" barrel and then the comp brought it up to the 18". As long as she shoots well that's all that matters!

Last edited:
Aeroprecision Lower, Adams Arms upper, Adams Arms Bolt & Piston System, 18" barrel,

Who is "Global Arms" then?

Is it an Adams barrel? If not, what barrel? What flash hider? Looks nice.

P.S. Are police exempt from the flash hider law?

Interesting rifle. What length hand guard, carbine?

Is it just my tired eyes at this late hour, or does the FA-10 say Aero PreOision?

The "PreOision" is a typo, it is without a doubt Aero Precision Inc based in Tacoma, WA. Hand guard is a cheapo MagPul MOE 7"

Who is "Global Arms" then?

Is it an Adams barrel? If not, what barrel? What flash hider? Looks nice.

P.S. Are police exempt from the flash hider law?

Global Arms is a newer company and from the looks of it, basically re-badges an Aero Precision lower... John (owner of Old Mill Gun Shop) is part designer with them (Global). Global Arms usually built AR-15 rifles for law enforcement and now decided to sell there AR's to the general public.

As for my barrel, I had assumed it was an Adams as that is what I was told...the shop was busy though so maybe he didnt hear my question correctly. The manufacturer isnt stamped on the top of the barrel, I pulled of the hand guards but nothing to be found either...any suggestions? It is a 1 in 9 twist barrel I do know that...The flash hider (or comp..how do you tell the difference??) is unfortunately unmarked but looks like an A2 style if its a flash hider.

Please bear with me guys im very green to AR's in general [thinking]

Last edited:
Ah, interesting. It probably measures out 18" to the end of the muzzle brake and since it's pinned that technically makes it part of the barrel. Was most likely a 16" barrel and then the comp brought it up to the 18". As long as she shoots well that's all that matters!

Yep your correct, I just measured. It must make it part of the barrel because he kept calling it an 18" barrel to me, thats how I know it wasnt a typo. So should this even technically be called an 18" then?
What happened to your fancy ghost image for reference?? that was a cool trick!

Last edited:
Here's my newest toy. Danials Defense M4 V5 with a few magpul goodies. Picked up a acogTA44 from Zero hour and put it on a Larue QD mount.

IMG_0418.jpg

Ok so a little update. Just got off the phone with Dirk at Global Arms who physically built my gun. Great guy! Its not very often you can call a gun shop and have the builder of your gun actually excited and available to talk to you! I was unsure of my barrel as mentioned a post or two above, but found out it is a Del-Ton, Inc.

Last edited:
Final configuration. The Elcan just added to much weight to it.

borderpics.jpg

What is a good low price AR to start with

If you don't mind not having a forward assist and dust cover, the M&P Sport at $628 is the best bet. I love my sport, I put a quad rail and Magpul CTR stock on it and she is a lovely shooter. You'd be surprised at how well it runs, even dirty. I shoot steel cased ammo once in a while and it still eats it right up. Go for it.

Okay, please don't laugh.....this is my first AR "project", very simple....just your standard Stag Model 8 with some eye candy.....really like the Vortex red dot......shot like a champ today!!!! My next AR is in progress, Larue Tactical Preditor upper with a 20" barrel, Spike's Tactical billet lower, DPMS LPK, Timney 3 lb skeletonized trigger and lots of Magpul goodness.

View attachment 28127View attachment 28128

how do you like that pistol grip, saw one and i am debating on gettin it??

nightpoison said:
still looking to throw a scope on it. Can't afford the good glass right now.

Nice stick. I like those Samson rails. I know someone with a Nikon M-223 2-8x32 that they are parting with I believe. If you'd like I can get you in touch if it's something you are interested in. If so, shoot me a message.

Here is my first shot at an AR build:

Spikes AR Close-up.jpeg

Spikes AR Side.jpeg

Spikes AR.jpeg

Spikes Punisher Lower with DD LPK and ACE Stock
Rainier Arms Upper Receiver, Rainier 14.5" CHF Barrel, Rainier Extreme Tactical Comp, Spikes NiB M16 BCG, and an Evolution 11" Free Float System

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom