AR-15 Customization Ideas

Just picked up a Smith & Wesson M&P AR-15 and am looking to do some solid money wasting on some customization's. Any ideas floating around? I am working with the top sight rail for now and have ideas to get a flash light barrel attachment w/ a pressure switch. Also looking to get a red dot sight.

Any one have other ideas/solid products to check out?

PS: Yes the AWB in Boston still applies. Will be storing outside the city.

You can go full retard with Magpul goodies on it for not too much dough. Pistol grip, butt stock, hand guards, vertical fore grip/angled fore grip, etc. Available in black, flat dark earth, and some other colors also.

Just picked up a Smith & Wesson M&P AR-15 and am looking to do some solid money wasting on some customization's. Any ideas floating around? I am working with the top sight rail for now and have ideas to get a flash light barrel attachment w/ a pressure switch. Also looking to get a red dot sight.

what is the intended use of the rifle?

a defensive/duty rifle will have different add-ons than a 3 gun competition rifle.

Here is some idea on how to pimp your AR 15.

1337749579_0.jpg

Buy a massive bulk pack of crap ammo and practice until your hits go from "ok with some lucky ones" to "good with some unlucky ones". Then buy good ammo and practice until you don't miss. A tricked out rifle is useless if you suck with it.

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Caution my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you are living in downtown Berlin, and that you will be storing this away from your home, What is the practicality of getting all kinds of attachments for it? If you are only going to be able to use it when you go to the range, just going to do minor training unless you go all the time, how are you going to practice dry runs of changing mags, charging rounds, clearing rounds and swapping to different stances? You should really just go and get this from CTD and just have a blast with it. http://cdn1.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/ARR-830.jpg. Really anything else for you right now really would be a waste, just get some good ammo and learn how to use iron sights and possibly some kind of optic later on. I'm sure some people will come and hate on this but I did say my opinion at the top, also it is your time and money, but you did ask.

Charles.

I've had my AR for about 3 months now. Stag Model 8. Haven't done a thing to it except shoot it, put a VTAC sling on it and take some training. I only put the sling on it because it was recommended for the training. Now that I have some limited understanding of the gun and my lack of proficiency with it, I am ordering a very expensive red dot with magnification, because my 50+ year old eyes just cannot do justice to the gun with the iron sights alone.

What I'm saying is, shoot it and then let your shooting experience determine what you need/want to put on it.

Buy a massive bulk pack of crap ammo and practice until your hits go from "ok with some lucky ones" to "good with some unlucky ones". Then buy good ammo and practice until you don't miss. A tricked out rifle is useless if you suck with it.

This. Otherwise you should have bought an AK.

A new trigger is the best bang for the buck, I have an ATC AR gold it's amazing and as far as customizing you can paint parts cheap with cera coat or dura coat it's very easy this is my bushmaster I also have the Burris fastfire 2 I love it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341487522.194999.jpg

All great input on this thread.

Since just getting the rifle I've took it out once and got really comfortable with shooting it. As may AR owners can agree, these rifles are smooth as butter.
@George D. was looking at super cheap .223 rem ammo on a website. Thinking of going this route and shooting the shit out of it.

All great input on this thread.

Since just getting the rifle I've took it out once and got really comfortable with shooting it. As may AR owners can agree, these rifles are smooth as butter.
@George D. was looking at super cheap .223 rem ammo on a website. Thinking of going this route and shooting the shit out of it.

very few online companies will ship ammo to MA. Better off asking a buddy or family in NH to order for you.

very few online companies will ship ammo to MA. Better off asking a buddy or family in NH to order for you.

Yeah, walmart has been a huge help with providing cheap ammo. It's been hard to snag the deal lately since they cannot keep them on their shelf's.

Is Maine just as strict for bulk ammo shipments as Mass? Have a contact up there that might help with this.

Yeah, walmart has been a huge help with providing cheap ammo. It's been hard to snag the deal lately since they cannot keep them on their shelf's.

Is Maine just as strict for bulk ammo shipments as Mass? Have a contact up there that might help with this.

danvers walmart usually has a good supply of 9mm wbb. not much more than that. I also goto the hudson nh wm to get 40sw wbb. lately there hasnt been a shortage of 40 at that wm.

Customize it with ammo and practice.

I agree with this.

***But I would still upgrade the trigger as it makes a huge improvement! I love my Geissele and would never want a stock trigger again.

Untitled-1.jpg

*an artist's representation* ;)

My only slightly tacticoolish setup. 14.5" barrel with muzzle brake to make 16.25". The extended rail and afg so my orangatang arms get a good thumb-over grip; polymer rail-cover over the railed gas block for heat protection; MBUS and PA micro dot for light weight options for optics; also a MIAD grip. My muzzle device is not an A2 but a YHM Phanton brake (was not available on pimpyourgun lol).

For myself, I like training with just a a mil spec single stage trigger to amp up my trigger control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom