• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appeal for help finishing my NES Ar15!

I've been assembling my rifle all afternoon to find that I'm missing a screw for my a2 stock! I don't know where I can get one asap... I want to be shooting this tomorrow morning at AFS. Is there anyone near Franklin or Attleboro MA who has an extra I can buy or borrow?

I've been assembling my rifle all afternoon to find that I'm missing a screw for my a2 stock! I don't know where I can get one asap... I want to be shooting this tomorrow morning at AFS. Is there anyone near Franklin or Attleboro MA who has an extra I can buy or borrow?

ok im asking this from personal experience... are you sure its not in its hole at the end of the stock.

when i built my AR i thought i lost mine and searched for like 2 hours, but it was just in the stock

go ahead, laugh at me, i earned it there. [laugh2]

I don't know... I assume it is, but my bottom screw is already in securely, I think it was installed by the manufacturer. If I knew what the screw dimensions were I would try a hardware store.

no, it's quite a bit shorter than the lower screw. Bring the buffer tube to a hardware store and find a fit.

Why did you loctite it? Completely unnecessary, as the notch in the stock prevents any rotation of the tube.

Yeah...

If you're going to take it to war, loctite may be a good idea, but for a range or even a defensive gun, there's no point. The stock and the buffer tube basically lock each other into the receiver. The tube can't turn unless you rotate the stock, and the stock can't turn because it's locked into the receiver by the notch, and anchored to the tube.

Thankfully it did come with a screw and my brother found it last night. I feel like such an idiot. At any rate the rifle is now complete and kick ass! [smile]

Nothing wrong with that. My A1 stock is held on just by the plastic of the stock being so sold that it's deformed and too tight. The screw is hardly necessary. Hell, I needed to whack it with a hammer just to get it to go on.

pics or its held together with duct tape [wink]

NES176.jpg

See! No duct tape to be found!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom