• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone use a trijicon accupoint?

I've got this SCAR 17 that is in need of an optic. I'm looking at the Trijicon accupoint 2.5-12.5x42 with mil-dot reticle. My main goals are to shoot up to 600yds for now. Possible hog hunts in the next few years. Ive done some serious looking into these and pretty much settled on the trijicon. Wanted to know if anyone has used one and what they think of it
20180825_193122.jpg

I have no experience with the optic, so nothing to contribute. Just came to say I'm super jealous. I wish the prices would go back down on the 17.

I wish but it isn't going to happen. I scored this one for $3000 with case and geissele trigger. I've talked to FN reps and we (dealers) won't see anymore this year and who knows about next. But there is hope I guess. Little as it may be. But good Lord if you find yourself a chance to buy one, take it. Absolutely worth the money.

And Tarsook, I've considered the elcan but not my cup of tea. Not for 3k. That's alot of food for the scar in difference between the elcan and the trijicon.

Go Zeiss... if it’s good enough for Alton Brown...

alton-brown-gun.jpg

I do have some experience with the Accupoint and they are very nice optics.

I have used Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 scopes. I had them on .223 ar15 style rifles. Great optics, sharp all the way to the
edge, and they seem quite well made. Never had any issues, and I would certainly recommend.

Actually, if you want a 3-9x40 mil dot, I have an extra one I could sell for $500.

I have a 3-9x40 accupoint with green triangle on my deer rifle super clear you can pick up targets fast with it. I like it for hunting I have not shot past 200 yards with it.

I have used Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 scopes. I had them on .223 ar15 style rifles. Great optics, sharp all the way to the
edge, and they seem quite well made. Never had any issues, and I would certainly recommend.

Actually, if you want a 3-9x40 mil dot, I have an extra one I could sell for $500.

How far have you shot with it?

And thanks but 9x isn't enough for me. I was considering it but I like to have more magnification than needed and the 2.5-12.5 seems to be good enough. Ideally, 3-18 would be the best case but I can't find a 3-18 I like without bumping up into nightforce etc

And thanks but 9x isn't enough for me. I was considering it but I like to have more magnification than needed and the 2.5-12.5 seems to be good enough. Ideally, 3-18 would be the best case but I can't find a 3-18 I like without bumping up into nightforce etc

I have shot out to 100 yards ... yeah you probably want more magnification to go much further.

If you are going to spend that kind of $ on the optic, make sure you get the mag you need. If 9 isn't enough, 12 is only 25% more. For example, at the further distances, let's use 360 yd for easy math, with x9 it will seem like it is at 40 with no mag, with the x12 it will seem like it is at 30. If you are just at the edge, the 25% bump is what you need. Otherwise, you need to be looking at more.

If you are really are at 500+ for many shots, and not just the occasional one, x9 at 540 yds seems like 60 yds (180') with no mag. x12 is like 45yds (130') with no mag. x18 will be 30 yds or 90'.

Try sighting on something at 180, 130 and 90' without mag to see what it looks like. Better if you put up a tube to make it look like you are looking thru an optic.

You will be smacking yourself if you spend $500 for x12 wishing you got x more.

Back
Top Bottom