• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone think the law tactical folding AR stock would be AWB ok?

jho

It prevents the AR from being semi auto and restricts it to being a one shot deal when folded. Or does it have to completely cripple the gun like a 10/22 takedown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Untested and complicated question, I like it. These kinds of questions inevitably revolve around "do you have enough money and time to defend it in court?"

I have it on my AR. Never gave it any thought.

The newest GEN can fire ONE round if its chambered. Then you must unfold the stock and rack a new round

Confucius said: moving parts will break at worst possible moment. Are you planning on being a helicopter crew member or something? I never understood the concept of ADDING parts on a gun that could render it absolutely useless. If you want a folder, get an AK, a SIG 516 or get one of those AR uppers that don't need a buffer tube to function.

It prevents the AR from being semi auto and restricts it to being a one shot deal when folded. Or does it have to completely cripple the gun like a 10/22 takedown?

Lol good luck with that argument. [rofl]

-Mike

It's a folding stock. The law counts folding stocks as an evil feature. I think a prosecutor won't have much trouble with this one. Cases where it seems a little more tricky are things like the SU-16 where the action folds, not the stock.

Back
Top Bottom