• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have advice on a CMP order question?

Ok, it seems you are very busy and important so I'll try to make this easier.

They are busy processing orders so follow these steps.

1. Look at YOUR estore account for an update on your order.
2. wait.
I said at the top of the thread, the biggest person at fault is myself. I should have just paid to track the delivery of my order and then STFU.

I have plenty of suggestions for improving their process, but they never asked for my input and fairly sure they aren't interested.

Well clearly I am the a&& here, so in your opinion how long should I wait before calling?

4 weeks? 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

Even if it is exceedingly rare sometimes stuff just doesn't get delivered or falls through the cracks. I can reasonably expect to wait until they get to orders received the week mine arrives but how do I know when they past that point?

This is the type of reports which made me want to confirm with them:

Order type: RM1SPCLRACKWRA
Mailed: 01/18/2020
Order received: 01/21/2020
DBU: 01/30/2020
Order processing: 02/03/2020
CC hit: 02/03/2020
Shipped: 02/05/2020
Received: 02/06/2020
Serial#: 1617696 - WIN-13

I do not understand how someone who their order was received 1/21 already has something in hand while I have not heard anything.

But OK won't call or email them again for at least another few weeks. They told me they are still on first week of January (when I called yesterday) and that is what it is. Again, not complaining about their backlog, just baffled by the conflicting information. If they had told me "we were on 1/3 last week and on 1/6-8 this week" I would just not reach out to them for a month but if I see people who put in orders the same time as me with rifles in hand I guess I was over eager to check.

Well clearly I am the a&& here, so in your opinion how long should I wait before calling?

4 weeks? 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

Even if it is exceedingly rare sometimes stuff just doesn't get delivered or falls through the cracks. I can reasonably expect to wait until they get to orders received the week mine arrives but how do I know when they past that point?

This is the type of reports which made me want to confirm with them:

I do not understand how someone who their order was received 1/21 already has something in hand while I have not heard anything.

But OK won't call or email them again for at least another few weeks. They told me they are still on first week of January (when I called yesterday) and that is what it is. Again, not complaining about their backlog, just baffled by the conflicting information. If they had told me "we were on 1/3 last week and on 1/6-8 this week" I would just not reach out to them for a month but if I see people who put in orders the same time as me with rifles in hand I guess I was over eager to check.

When orders are received they are put into boxes. Someone grabs a box and starts processing from the front to the back. There is no "I was there first". They will process the boxes in front and work to the back. They will not place boxes in front of other boxes.
You stated that you did not include any tracking so how do you know your's was received before someone else's.

They will update your account on your estore page. They will almost always send you an email with and order acknowledgement. It will say they received your order so sit down, shut up and wait until we tell you something different.

As for how long I think you should wait, I told you 3 times what I think and what I would do. Check your estore account. You can check it all day long if you feel the need.
I have never once called them and I've placed lots of orders for almost everything they sell. And not one time did they not process my order. There was a time not all that long ago you would wait over a year and not hear anything.

And if they let you send in an order then whatever it was you ordered will still be there. They are very good about cutting of ordering before they sell out of anything. They also keep surplus in case something arrives damaged and they have to replace it.

They are also very good at sending out replacements for defective parts or shipping labels if they have to fix it...I once had one whose op-rod was out of spec and rubbed inside the gas cylinder.

t

When orders are received they are put into boxes. Someone grabs a box and starts processing from the front to the back. There is no "I was there first". They will process the boxes in front and work to the back. They will not place boxes in front of other boxes.
You stated that you did not include any tracking so how do you know your's was received before someone else's.

They will update your account on your estore page. They will almost always send you an email with and order acknowledgement. It will say they received your order so sit down, shut up and wait until we tell you something different.

As for how long I think you should wait, I told you 3 times what I think and what I would do. Check your estore account. You can check it all day long if you feel the need.
I have never once called them and I've placed lots of orders for almost everything they sell. And not one time did they not process my order. There was a time not all that long ago you would wait over a year and not hear anything.

And if they let you send in an order then whatever it was you ordered will still be there. They are very good about cutting of ordering before they sell out of anything. They also keep surplus in case something arrives damaged and they have to replace it.

I am not under the impression I have a "first" or that they are just going to single my order out and not process it. I am just trying to get a handle on when I should assume that they just never got the order. Because I didn't track it I do not know it actually ever got to them, that's part of the problem for me and 0% on them at all.

As I said for the next couple weeks I won't call, email, or even whisper into the wind at them. Just going to check the estore account and looking at people posting about their orders.

If they are currently saying 30-45 days, if I assume that's working days then that is 9 weeks. So you are saying that if I get to the end of March and haven't heard anything I am unreasonable for calling?

It will be received and put in a lot sooner than that. They are saying that You will receive it in approximately 30-45 days.

Right, my point is at a certain point I am entitled to call because it is past expectations. Realistically I think I should expect a DBU by 1 month from when I mailed it and I am not at that point yet, just jumped the gun on calling this week as I saw people reporting orders processed from the 2nd to last week of January. Will just have a twitch of checking my phone every time a notification comes through that I got an email until then.

I think it states 6-8 weeks for luck of the draw field grade. That's quick compared to the two rifles that I had purchased from them separately. As everyone is telling you, don't worry about it. I never sent tracking with mine and eventually I got the notice that they got it. That's when you had to wait a half year before them shipping your rifle. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill right now.

Good thing OP wasn't around for the CMP M1 Carbine release a few years ago.

Guys were arguing that since Fedex delivered in the morning before UPS that their Fedex delivered order should have priority. That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Guys were arguing that since Fedex delivered in the morning before UPS that their Fedex delivered order should have priority. That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Ironically I have a line on a carbine that

I am less concerned about the wait between them logging the order and it getting sent out.

Too bad I didn't opt for the very available tracking service the post office offers. :/

I won the "Carbine Lottery" in February of '16 and got a nice Quality Hardware...wish I still had it.

t

My boss has a carbine sitting somewhere in a closet that his father had bought decades ago.

All I have to do is make an offer, then have him ship it to me, of course my dumbass wants a garand not a carbine.

My “experience” FWIW:

-Order sent 12/27/2019

-Email from CMP received 1/16/2020
(Email stated that my order was received and verified on 12/28/2019)

-Text today (then verified in my CMP account) that my package was shipped today 2/6/2020 and requires signature for delivery tomorrow 2/7/2020 before 10:30AM

YMMV

~Herd

My “experience” FWIW:

-Order sent 12/27/2019

-Text today (then verified in my CMP account) that my package was shipped today 2/6/2020 and requires signature for delivery tomorrow 2/7/2020 before 10:30AM

YMMV

~Herd

So what are you getting?

Maybe the contact high will tide me over.

My “experience” FWIW:

-Order sent 12/27/2019

YMMV

~Herd
See I told you rifles come on fridays

Too bad I didn't opt for the very available tracking service the post office offers. :/

If you did get tracking you'd just be crying about how they must have lost your order in the office (after it was delivered according to the tracking) because you haven't heard anything for a week! Just relax and forget you even sent it in and you'll be surprised soon enough.

My boss has a carbine sitting somewhere in a closet that his father had bought decades ago.
All I have to do is make an offer, then have him ship it to me, of course my dumbass wants a garand not a carbine.

You're thinking one dimensionally. Get the carbine and trade it for a nice Garand.

OP, drive down, it's the only way

@76Too I forget his name, armorer #8 he will help you find the good stuff. 1581041182691.png tell him the guy from NH mentioned him. It won't get you better service but he might get a kick out of the idea that he's developing a reputation.

In particular, I’m looking for a 1917 with an unsanded winchester stock to put on my current Winnie, then use the remaining parts to have the little Italian guy from Pembroke build new a match rifle for vintage.

Might fancy a NM 1903 if I can find one though.

In particular, I’m looking for a 1917 with an unsanded winchester stock to put on my current Winnie, then use the remaining parts to have the little Italian guy from Pembroke build new a match rifle for vintage.

Might fancy a NM 1903 if I can find one though.
Southern store will have both but not the unsanded stock. I got one of each. They didn't have any 1903A3, so I couldn't complete the collection. I also passed on a Krag they had 2 at the Marksmanship center (oddly none at the regular store).

Not excited about the prospect of if the order never made it in and the wait was all for nothing.

Lol. The CMP gets so much mail, I'll bet you could just write "CMP" on the envelope without any address and they would still get the letter...

Southern store will have both but not the unsanded stock. I got one of each. They didn't have any 1903A3, so I couldn't complete the collection. I also passed on a Krag they had 2 at the Marksmanship center (oddly none at the regular store).

In your opinion which is better to prioritize, a 1903 or a 1917?

Lol. The CMP gets so much mail, I'll bet you could just write "CMP" on the envelope without any address and they would still get the letter...

Ok well I had CMP plus a reasonably close scribble of their address on my envelope so that is good. [smile]

I should clarify...I’ll be looking for a RIFLE with an unsanded Winchester stock...and yes, there’s a chance I could find one there (that’s why I’m going), albeit somewhat small.

word is there’s some random goodies like WWII slings at the store now too. They had some the first time I went 3 years ago too, but they were pretty picked clean. When I went 2 years ago I found my Win13. There’s definitely treasures to be had, but I’m stocked up on Garands at the moment.

Forgot about that! [laugh]
I was one of the lucky ones to get picked - scored a Winchester...I sent my paperwork via USPS priority mail FWIW.

In your opinion which is better to prioritize, a 1903 or a 1917?

Ok well I had CMP plus a reasonably close scribble of their address on my envelope so that is good. [smile]
1903A3. Only because I have one lol. Don't have a 1917 at the moment and honestly don't have plans to acquire one.

Back
Top Bottom