• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have advice on a CMP order question?

Just curious how old those are? Not that I have bought anything in a couple years, but last ones I received were desert tan in color. They were better in quality than the green ones.

Also, locked case is OK for transport, not storage in a Mass home. IANAL but trigger lock or safe / secure container is necessary. Plastic case doesn't cut it, or so I have been advised many times.
I picked them up in November, they said they were new. I later asked about buying another for another M1 I have (for the Garand they are molded plastic with foam standoffs inside, other rifles are egg-crate), I was told they would offer them for sale once they had more stock.

I'm pretty sure a locked case is OK for MA storage. Lawyers speak up.

I think you may be right. However, I know for a fact that there are cops in some towns (like mine) who would get wood over the chance to bust a citizen over a minor storage infraction. Someone needs an ambulance, cops show up first, and 'what do we have here?'. It happened to someone I know very well.
I won't step anywhere near any grey areas over these wonderful MGL's and don't really recommend others to take risks. I think (just guessing) that shipping box storage is AOK day of delivery but after that?

Even if there were say an ambulance or fire call to the residence, I don't see any way in hell they can open a sealed shipping box with a closed hard case inside it to find a rifle without a trigger lock on it. They would need a search warrant and probably cause which I think would be laughed out of a judge's chambers.

Even if there were say an ambulance or fire call to the residence, I don't see any way in hell they can open a sealed shipping box with a closed hard case inside it to find a rifle without a trigger lock on it. They would need a search warrant and probably cause which I think would be laughed out of a judge's chambers.

While I can't comment directly upon a sealed in shipping container situation, the case I know of firsthand is equally ridiculous if not more so. It resulted in a very expensive defense for a decorated vet with a spotless record. Better to simply use a trigger lock.

This +1
Box comes to house, wife signs for it, places it in closet.................................The stuff some people worry about amazes me.

Score! Service Grade with nice looking CMP wood, no rust or putting, milled trigger guard, ‘52 HRA barrel with 2+ TE / 0+ ME. Looks as fresh as my Special Grade. I wanted a shooter and thinks this fits the bill nicely.

View attachment 334591

That looks awesome. I am hoping I hear something soon, probably a week behind you (based on orig order) or handful of days (based on when I got my order acknowledgement).

If you have estore account check it. They usually charge for a case to make sure your CC is active then next week they will charge you for the rifle.
It will ship most likely on thursday.

If you have estore account check it. They usually charge for a case to make sure your CC is active then next week they will charge you for the rifle.
It will ship most likely on thursday.

Well there is a pending charge for the cost of the rifle, not sure if that is what you mean by a test.

The estore had a case on my order last night, now order object is gone so I expect it will evolve today. (There is someone on the CMP forum that posted at about 4 am on the same thing so fairly sure the order object disappearing is just part of the process and it's not that my order actually fell out of their system right after charging my card. :))

The new cases are interesting but I like the versatility of the older case. You could use them for any rifle.
Those look much better for shipping for sure!
Glad to see you get it now shoot it.
Im bored out of my tits

A barrel that tight will probably shoot batter than you can. I had a original 1941 bore at 2+/4 that shot as good as any I've had.

t

The new cases are interesting but I like the versatility of the older case. You could use them for any rifle.
Those look much better for shipping for sure!
Glad to see you get it now shoot it.
Im bored out of my tits

Well you might have to wait, have to clean it and look it over and then find when my free time and daylight overlap. Unless you were offering to watch my 1 year old??

Well you might have to wait, have to clean it and look it over and then find when my free time and daylight overlap. Unless you were offering to watch my 1 year old??
Bring the one year old and have them police your brass when done! .....i,know how it is.
i have 3 and i dont think I went to the range until they where all 3 yrs old plus !

Back
Top Bottom