Anyone else stocking up on ammo?

where are you shopping?? I was at a gun shop yesterday charging $20 a box of 50 9mm rounds [shocked]

Wow, here in Florida the maximum you will pay for a 50 rounds box of 9mm will be $18 with taxes at the range, but if you buy the ammo at the Gun Show you will probably find it for between $13 to $16 tops for a single box and much, much cheaper if you buy them in big quantities,

Ish.

Is anyone else stocking up on a little ammo? Seems with these "tough economic times", threats of another war, ect. ect. that a little inventory doesnt hurt. Then again, I'll probably never have to use it, but it doesnt hurt to be prepared.

-James

Started about a year-and-a-half ago....before all this nonsense. Just had a feeling. Looked for sales all over the place for the calibers I use and bought what I could afford at the time. Damn glad I did. Will most likely not have to buy any ammo for at least a couple of years. Stuff I have is used regularly at ranges and matches. For the most part, saving the cases, tumble cleaning and putting away (with dessicant) for future sale. Sold all my reloading stuff years ago.

In light of the current political climate, I would probably be labelled as a "terrorist" due to my purchases. Can't address that....just do what I do and enjoy marksmanship. [grin] Also saved a lot of $$ by purchasing ahead of this current market. [wink]

I am, but only from within the ammo factory in my basement. [laugh]

The only boxes of ammo I've bought in 2009 has been a little bit of carry ammo for handguns and a few boxes of Hornady TAP rifle ammo.

-Mike

I cleared out Walmarts of pistol ammo five times and managed to snag some Bass Pro bulk packs.

Unfortunately, cleaning out at Walmart meant:

1st trip: 2 100ct boxes 357 Mag JHP, 1 50ct box 357 Sig
2nd trip: 1 100ct box 357 Mag JHP, 2 50ct box 357 Sig
3rd trip: 1 100ct box 38Sp FMJ
4th trip: 4 50ct box 38Sp JHP
5th trip: 6 100ct boxes 9mm FMJ

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh.... OK, I'm done... Oh, wait a minute...

BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

OK.

Is anyone else stocking up on a little ammo? Seems with these "tough economic times", threats of another war, ect. ect. that a little inventory doesnt hurt. Then again, I'll probably never have to use it, but it doesnt hurt to be prepared.

-James

I really hate to sound like a dick and I really don't mean any disrespect, however guys I'd be a little weary being so forth coming about what you have for ammo. My only reason is why would someone who just joined with only 10 posts ask whos stock piling what.

I'm not saying your a troll dooger just that sometimes we have to watch what we say to newbies, and watch what the newbies say as well. Trust me I've been the newbie. Not to mention in general it might not me a good idea to say whos got what for ammo on a public forum, considering the storage limit laws and what not.......ok time to go change my tinfoil hat im done [laugh]

I really hate to sound like a dick and I really don't mean any disrespect, however guys I'd be a little weary being so forth coming about what you have for ammo. My only reason is why would someone who just joined with only 10 posts ask whos stock piling what.

I'm not saying your a troll dooger just that sometimes we have to watch what we say to newbies, and watch what the newbies say as well. Trust me I've been the newbie. Not to mention in general it might not me a good idea to say whos got what for ammo on a public forum, considering the storage limit laws and what not.......ok time to go change my tinfoil hat im done [laugh]

You are correct,that is why I don't trust anybody here with a member # higher than 491.When you get into member #'s over 5000,they are trolls.10,000 and above are agents of the state and above 11,000 are feds.

Let's not discount # of posts either,because it is a true judge of a mans character.

Last edited:
You are correct,that is why I don't trust anybody here with a member # higher than 491.When you get into member #'s over 5000,they are trolls.10,000 and above are agents of the state and above 11,000 are feds.

Let's not discount # of posts either,because it is a true judge of a mans character.

As an agent of the state, do I get a double paycheck? [rofl]

As an agent of the state, do I get a double paycheck? [rofl]

Only if you're doubly certified as a member of the NRA as well as your state organization. "Sleepers" such as this would be greatly appreciated by the current Admin. and no doubt you would be "duly" rewarded. [rofl]

Not to mention a doubling of the virgins....144 instead of 72. Nagging....why does 144 stick in my mind? Got it....Gross. [rofl]

Look, I'm ALL for making light of situations and poking fun at deserving (and sometimes undeserving) victims, but there is nothing gross, sir, about having 144 delectable virgins PLUS double servings of soylent green. And to get PAID on top of that?! Sign me up!

Look, I'm ALL for making light of situations and poking fun at deserving (and sometimes undeserving) victims, but there is nothing gross, sir, about having 144 delectable virgins PLUS double servings of soylent green. And to get PAID on top of that?! Sign me up!

Forwarded your name and message to all Gitmo detainees. They all agree and will be contacting you upon their release. [rofl]

Forget the tinfoil, I think you need to switch to a Faraday cage...[smile]

Forget the tinfoil, I think you need to switch to a Faraday cage...[smile]

Had to look that one up..LOL

148653427_4d479c03b5.jpg

[smile]
Just got back from Bass Pro Shops. They had (1) 250 round mega pack of 45ACP left outside the counter in the ammo storage cases. I bought 1 for $98 plus tax. I did see that they had a few stashed behind the gun counter. Probably saving those for a gun sale. There was an assortment of pistol ammo there.
[smile]

CRAP! You blew my cover, thanks.

Yea not really. No disrespect taken. I can see where you are coming from. But I guarantee if you ever saw me in real life you would know immediately that I am no troll.

I posted the topic because I was talking to my buddy about this. I figured I would get everyone elses opinion.

I'll just stick to going to the range and asking guys at the shop their opinion.

-James
Owner of a small business
Fighter for gun rights in MA
Republican who cant stand the presidency

Back
Top Bottom