Anyone else stocking up on ammo?

I've always loved this one.....

2rzudxg.jpg

I was at Cabela's in E. Htfd yesterday morning. The ammo department was full of guys with baskets. The clerks would put stuff out and it was gone. Usual commom calibers. Even the .22 long supply was down to two lonely boxes. I'd have figured that by now most guys would have had their supplied restocked. Guess I was wrong. Two deep at the gun counter again, too.

I don't know if any of you are looking for a good stock of 7.62 x 51 surplus. As you know it's very difficult to find. For those of us outside the boundries of Mass, Militarygunsupply.com has DAG (German) surplus for what would be considered a reasonable price today. Makes those of us who stocked up on battle packs a few years ago look like geniuses! LOL Anyway, I've been shooting this 147 grain ammo for a while in my new DPMS zombie shooter without a hiccup. It's got some discoloration on the brass due to long-term storage but shoots perfectly fine! Just saying.

Rome

Is anyone else stocking up on a little ammo? Seems with these "tough economic times", threats of another war, ect. ect. that a little inventory doesnt hurt. Then again, I'll probably never have to use it, but it doesnt hurt to be prepared.

-James

Retail ammo NO WAY at the current prices! But I am running the Dillon 550 overtime to load up![grin]

i have the same problem, can't seem to hold onto that ammo for more than a couple days, mostly because my club is less than a mile from home and its hard not to go, but I try to keep a couple rounds handy for each gun.

Im the exact opposite! I bought 300 rounds of .40sw the other day to try out the new Glock, I could only take 50 rounds with me!! Usually I dont even start to shoot until I get at least 500 roundsi in storage...

i have a lot of .22 because that is all I have been shooting lately out of the AR and Ruger. Its fun to blast the big rounds down range but nicer to sit and plink around for a few hours with a few hundred rounds of .22. I have enough of the calibers that matter to keep me safe in the event of zombie uprising.

I'm preparing to prevent that [mg]

Not by only purchasing ammo at walmart your not.
Support your local (mom & pop) Gun Shop!
Your in NH?, online mail order would be as cheap and better then giving Mao-mart all your business.

Wallyworld dosn't care about you,me,its employees or the 2nd amendment..EFF, WM!

wallmarx.jpg

9mmwwb-1.jpg

No really. I haven't worked for 4 years and had to sell all my guns. Well except for my Red Ryder. Does that count? I do have a few meager stray rounds rolling around in my range bag I think. [wink]

I appologize for the rant/derail.....to the OP, I also have no ammo (due to an unforeseen boatin' mishap..)

Not by only purchasing ammo at walmart your not.
Support your local (mom & pop) Gun Shop!
Your in NH?, online mail order would be as cheap and better then giving Mao-mart all your business.

Wallyworld dosn't care about you,me,its employees or the 2nd amendment..EFF, WM!

wallmarx.jpg

I appologize for the rant/derail.....to the OP, I also have no ammo (due to an unforeseen boatin' mishap..)

[rofl] Wow you fell for that hook line and sinker. I'm rolling here. I tell nobody what I have for ammo, nor where I get it and I agree with you 100%.

Back
Top Bottom