• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Thank you for the generous offer. If we were closer I'd gladly supply the ammo and take you up on your offer. I plan to get me a CZ one of these days.

More than welcome to try it out! I've had a couple NESers try it out and they had a huge grin on their face afterwards lol.

I really need to get it to a match. Debating if I should put the Dan Wesson PM9 aside and use the S2 for steel challenge at Harvard on Saturday....

Installed the 8.5# hammer spring which has dropped the DA trigger pull even more. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I'd have to imagine it's around 4.5ish pounds. BUT I need to test fire it as I don't use Federal primers. Just figured I'd gamble and try it out. Worst case I switch back to the 11.5# spring...

My truck lift project has been siphoning all my CGW money away! Dying to get one of the CZs worked on...I have three all of which need work. Haha

Darn! Lol. Have you installed lighter springs, race hammer, disconnector, extended firing pin? Those parts aren't terribly expensive and will dramatically reduce the trigger pulls.

My truck lift project has been siphoning all my CGW money away! Dying to get one of the CZs worked on...I have three all of which need work. Haha

This sounds very familiar... I just sank a boat load of money in to my truck and now I need at least one new tire... I had to give up my spot in line with CGW because I can't part with the funds right now. I hated replying to their email telling them that.

Just got back from the range. In 50 rounds I had 4 light strikes. Back to the 11.5# spring....

Are these strictly for competition or does it have other uses? I know it'd obviously be better than harsh language in a fight but you know what I mean. :)

Are these strictly for competition or does it have other uses? I know it'd obviously be better than harsh language in a fight but you know what I mean. :)

The shadow 2 would make a horrible CCW. Its big, and its heavy.
Even if you don't compete, it's a great range use gun.

CZ makes a shitload of other guns that are far better suited for carry if you really want a DA/SA carry gun.

-Mike

I bought a P01 for that purpose, ordering a holster. Was just curious what people are buying them for (home defense, competition etc).

Mainly competition but would make great HD (has a rail for a light) or range gun. The Shadow 2 is the latest and greatest CZ pistol for Production division in USPSA. Though I'm guilty of not getting it to a match yet. Trying to get classified in single stack division first....

I have a CZ 75 Compact which is a big heavy metal lump, but it's, "compact" so one could carry it...theoretically. I would say that it's comparable to my Sig 229 in size...more of a mid than a compact. I am supposed to be having a custom holster made for it, but I think the guy flaked on me. My intent there is to carry it to the range, and maybe in free states.

I also have a P07 (polymer) which is definitely more carry friendly. No preban mags, though. Trigger is shit from the factory but I have heard very good things about it once CGW gets ahold of it.

The P09 is a bigger version of the 07, supposed to have a better trigger. The P10 is coming too, which I believe is striker fired.

Just heard that CZ has canceled all orders for the blue grip nitride model coming into the US. So far there have been only ~80 imported into the US according to CZ Custom. Pretty cool I was able to snag one of the 80 that made it into the US.

Just heard that CZ has canceled all orders for the blue grip nitride model coming into the US. So far there have been only ~80 imported into the US according to CZ Custom. Pretty cool I was able to snag one of the 80 that made it into the US.

Any idea why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No idea. But what we do know is that the only pistols that get the blue grips and nitride finish were the ones with perfectly finished frames. The polycoat models are coated to cover up imperfections in the frame. So all we can assume is that either their manufacturing process isn't good enough to produce more nitride models, or they're tired of grading frames for just a hundred dollars more at retail.

No idea. But what we do know is that the only pistols that get the blue grips and nitride finish were the ones with perfectly finished frames. The polycoat models are coated to cover up imperfections in the frame. So all we can assume is that either their manufacturing process isn't good enough to produce more nitride models, or they're tired of grading frames for just a hundred dollars more at retail.

Huh. Sort of disappointing.

All this aside the polycoat is just fine. That's the model I got and it still looks stellar. The price difference isn't that big but looking at pics of either, the difference is likely imperceptible to most people.

My guess is CZ dumped it because they have problems making enough guns to meet demand. They've always had this problem so can't say I'm surprised. It's a good problem for them to have, of course.... [laugh]

-Mike

All this aside the polycoat is just fine. That's the model I got and it still looks stellar. The price difference isn't that big but looking at pics of either, the difference is likely imperceptible to most people.

My guess is CZ dumped it because they have problems making enough guns to meet demand. They've always had this problem so can't say I'm surprised. It's a good problem for them to have, of course.... [laugh]

-Mike

Yeah the polycoat models are plenty good. I just think some CZ fanatics want an exact/matching finish on both the slide and frame. My guess is that they don't shoot competition because the finish is going to get beat up from holster wear anyway.

Yeah the polycoat models are plenty good. I just think some CZ fanatics want an exact/matching finish on both the slide and frame. My guess is that they don't shoot competition because the finish is going to get beat up from holster wear anyway.

Mine does match, or at least as far as I can tell it does. I think the only real difference is the texture of the finish. The fancier one almost looks like some kind of blueing or something, it has a different "grain" to it.

I just got my Shadow SCT "1" back not long ago, and it was used pretty moderately in competition... only minor wear on the whole thing at least on the outside. I'm pretty sure all those guns were polycoat.

-Mike

Mine does match, or at least as far as I can tell it does. I think the only real difference is the texture of the finish. The fancier one almost looks like some kind of blueing or something, it has a different "grain" to it.

That's a really good way of describing it.

So I should be getting my hands on one of these in a few days. Can anyone tell me what mag holders would be compatible? I have a bunch for different guns (226, glock, vp9 etc) wanted to figure out which ones will fit the CZ mags?

Thanks in advance.

So I should be getting my hands on one of these in a few days. Can anyone tell me what mag holders would be compatible? I have a bunch for different guns (226, glock, vp9 etc) wanted to figure out which ones will fit the CZ mags?

Thanks in advance.

Nice! You'll love it. Especially if you install some Cajun Gun Works parts.

As for mag pouches I'm not sure which ones would be compatible with CZ mags. I use CR speed and comp-tac mag pouches for IDPA/USPSA.

I'd guess that a Sig 226 or Beretta 92 series magazine pouch might work?...The mags are very similar in design/shape. Cannot confirm though.

Thanks, I'm online now trying to figure out what gear I want for it! lol.

Maybe I will hold off until I get a chance to fit them.

Oh, been to Cajun's site already.

Nice! You'll love it. Especially if you install some Cajun Gun Works parts.

As for mag pouches I'm not sure which ones would be compatible with CZ mags. I use CR speed and comp-tac mag pouches for IDPA/USPSA.

I'd guess that a Sig 226 or Beretta 92 series magazine pouch might work?...The mags are very similar in design/shape. Cannot confirm though.

Thanks, I'm online now trying to figure out what gear I want for it! lol.

Maybe I will hold off until I get a chance to fit them.

Oh, been to Cajun's site already.

I just did a quick Google search and found these:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...etta-92-cz-75-sig-226-tactical-laminate-black

So I think P226 or Beretta 92 mag pouches just might fit?....

If you're interested, there are preban 15 round CZ mags around if you look around on Gunbroker once in a while. Or ask some guys on the CZ firearm owners Facebook group. Pre-B CZ75's (before they had a firing pin block) were made before 1994 so that's a sure way of knowing you have a preban magazine. Sometimes you have to upgrade the followers to ensure it locks open the slide but aside from that they should work fine.

Just upgrading the springs is cheap and makes a noticeable difference in the trigger. Though stock, the S2 is pretty darn good.

Great, thanks for finding the mag pouch info and on the springs!

I've got lots of reading to do. But know, at least as is (Stock). Its received great reviews.

Back
Top Bottom