Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

I have a LOT of Cajun parts in my CZs (adjustable triggers, spring kits, guide rods, firing pin, etc.) and all I can say is that they make great stuff and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their parts. If you have specific questions about what parts you need to accomplish what you want to accomplish just call them.

In terms of the Shadow 2, I have an SP-01 that has most of the Cajun parts available in it and the Shadow 2 still easily beats it for accuracy right out of the box. It's a better gun than I am a shooter, but my groups are immediately tighter with the Shadow 2. My SP-01 is awesome and certainly plenty of gun for any application, but if you want that next bump up in accuracy the shadow definitely delivers it.

Is your Shadow 2 stock, or have you modified it? Looking at Brian Enos forums, it seems lots of folks swap out springs and add an extended firing pin.

I swapped all the springs on mine and significantly reduced the trigger pull. Mine was pretty heavy out of the box. Enos has a good thread with the Suggested changes. I can list the basics if it’s not already in this thread somewhere

I swapped all the springs on mine and significantly reduced the trigger pull. Mine was pretty heavy out of the box. Enos has a good thread with the Suggested changes. I can list the basics if it’s not already in this thread somewhere

How hard was it to swap the springs?

How hard was it to swap the springs?
It’s an easy swap. The gun is actually pretty easy to work on. Lots of space in that big frame. If your gonna do any trigger work, or even deep cleaning, do yourself a favor and put the new style CZ75 trigger pin in. It makes future maintenance easier.

• 11# CZC recoil spring
  • 13# CZC main spring
  • reduced power firing pin spring
  • CZC extended firing pin
  • Reduced trigger return spring
  • 10x bushing
All very easy changes. Reduced trigger spring is the only one that can be a little tricky. Still, took only 10 minutes.

vz grips.JPG
I love mine. Used it at the USPSA "camp" at Hopkinton this weekend.
I wish I had cash to burn I'd grab a couple more "variations" :)

• 11# CZC recoil spring
  • 13# CZC main spring
  • reduced power firing pin spring
  • CZC extended firing pin
  • Reduced trigger return spring
  • 10x bushing
All very easy changes. Reduced trigger spring is the only one that can be a little tricky. Still, took only 10 minutes.

I didn't care for the reduced power TRS. It felt spongy to me so I went back to factory. Other than that, the only things I added on top of what you did was a race hammer, CGW trigger pin, and short reset disco. Right now I'm playing with recoil springs. I used an #11 for about a year, and now I'm trying a #10. Seems okay so far. No cycling issues.

I didn't care for the reduced power TRS. It felt spongy to me so I went back to factory. Other than that, the only things I added on top of what you did was a race hammer, CGW trigger pin, and short reset disco. Right now I'm playing with recoil springs. I used an #11 for about a year, and now I'm trying a #10. Seems okay so far. No cycling issues.

Question on the recoil springs, I would figure going to heavy or light would add to the felt recoil. I'm assuming that why you are swapping them, to reduce felt recoil? Is there a point that the slide moves so fast that it add to the recoil?

Question on the recoil springs, I would figure going to heavy or light would add to the felt recoil. I'm assuming that why you are swapping them, to reduce felt recoil? Is there a point that the slide moves so fast that it add to the recoil?
Yeah many times a heavier of a recoil spring can cause the muzzle to dip after each shot. Changing recoil springs is important when you're using reloads that are softer/lower PF where you don't need a heavy recoil spring to cycle the slide. Too light of a recoil spring along with heavier loads may batter the frame. I think I've settled on a 11# spring for my Shadow 2 and my 1911 9mm.

Yeah many times a heavier of a recoil spring can cause the muzzle to dip after each shot. Changing recoil springs is important when you're using reloads that are softer/lower PF where you don't need a heavy recoil spring to cycle the slide. Too light of a recoil spring along with heavier loads may batter the frame. I think I've settled on a 11# spring for my Shadow 2 and my 1911 9mm.

I never thought of the muzzle "dipping", make sense.

I do get the reload tuning, just saw a lot of guys who don't reload tuning the recoil springs.

Changing the mainspring, recoil spring, and firing pin spring reduced the trigger pull from 10 lbs / 3 lbs to 7 lbs / 2.5 lbs (DA /SA). Get yourself some springs.
Depending on the gun you may need extended firing pin to retain ignition reliability...

Depending on the gun you may need extended firing pin to retain ignition reliability...
Changing the mainspring, recoil spring, and firing pin spring reduced the trigger pull from 10 lbs / 3 lbs to 7 lbs / 2.5 lbs (DA /SA). Get yourself some springs.
Nice! If you installed the 11.5# or 8.5# you'll definitely need the extended firing pin. It may be possible to get away with it using the 11.5# if you use federal primers but I'm not sure. The 13# spring will work without the extended firing pin.

You'll have to do some testing to ensure primer ignition.

I’ll be ordering the extended firing pin spring. So far I haven’t had any problems, but I try to seat my Federal primers deep.

I’ll be ordering the extended firing pin spring. So far I haven’t had any problems, but I try to seat my Federal primers deep.

It's not the spring, it's the actual firing pin itself. My guess is it gives it a bit more mass or something.

If you're always running feds, it may not matter, but it doesn't take much to get full compatibility.

-Mike

It's not the spring, it's the actual firing pin itself. My guess is it gives it a bit more mass or something.

If you're always running feds, it may not matter, but it doesn't take much to get full compatibility.

-Mike
Sorry, I meant extended firing pin. I already have the reduced power firing pin spring.

Jealous you have federal primers! I gave up looking for them a while ago. If you drop in the 8.5# spring, you can get down below 5# DA. I'm at 5.5-5.75# right now with the 11.5#.

Back
Top Bottom