• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

DW357

NES Member
Any fellow CZ fans drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?[shocked]
CZ4-660x437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Trigger is so light and crispy" [rofl]

Looks very nice. I have a CZ hole in my collection that needs filling..

It's sexy as hell and has great genes. I'll sell a couple of other guns for one if I have to.

Yeah if I have the opportunity to buy the Shadow 2, I'll have to sell my polished CZ-75b to fund the Shadow purchase. Would love to keep both but that's a lot of money.

That'll be great if they can actually produce the thing in sufficient numbers to meet demand. That's the only thing I hate about CZ, every time I have the money
around the channel is drained of handguns. My timing is comically bad.

-Mike

That'll be great if they can actually produce the thing in sufficient numbers to meet demand. That's the only thing I hate about CZ, every time I have the money
around the channel is drained of handguns. My timing is comically bad.

-Mike

Agreed. When I spoke with some out of state dealers, they told me that distributors are the main problem. Apparently they release small amounts at random times during the year. On top of CZ's being hot items over the last few years.

I'd love one, but it will be hard to find (read $$$$) behind the wire here in MA.

Just got off the phone with CZ. The new shadow 2 is a new frame and uses a different type of magazine than the 75/SP-01 series....crap. It comes with 17 round mags. WTF. So much for getting one....

Just got off the phone with CZ. The new shadow 2 is a new frame and uses a different type of magazine than the 75/SP-01 series....crap. It comes with 17 round mags. WTF. So much for getting one....

I wonder if it uses mags like the tactical sport or whatever that gun is?

Also, for production (and a bunch of various steel games) who cares? you're usually stuck to 10 anyways.

I never let mass stupidity block my purchases, etc. IMHO a bigger, more realistic problem is probably going to be that they're not going to make enough of these guns to meet demand. That will be annoying, as the artificial overprices will be floating around out there.

-Mike

When I was thinking of shooting Ladies division, this was one of the guns I was considering. Feels great in the right hand, but the bowed trigger guard and low safety prevented me from getting a good grip with my left hand.

I think the only reason I would not want to get one is the mags. I realize that sounds stupid but it is just so dumb putting a 10 round mag into a gun designed around at 17 round mag. Like driving a sports car that cuts you off at 65mph.

I'll stick to my 1911 with 10 round mags until I escape this state or we correct our laws.

Are they going to sell 10 round mags?

Almost certainly. Also, according to CZ, it works fine with the 75/SP-01 mags: http://www.czub.cz/en/cz-shadow-2.html
https://mec-gar.com/search?category:make=5&category:model=94&category:caliber=19

CZ said:
The basic accessories include three 19 cartridge magazines. Still, it is good to remember that Shadow 2 works perfectly well with the SP-01 magazines or even the CZ 75/85 ones with lower capacity as well.

Nah not her I'll try and find the pic it's a very sexy Czech chick in one of the review websites

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/CZ2-660x399.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if it uses mags like the tactical sport or whatever that gun is?

Also, for production (and a bunch of various steel games) who cares? you're usually stuck to 10 anyways.

I never let mass stupidity block my purchases, etc. IMHO a bigger, more realistic problem is probably going to be that they're not going to make enough of these guns to meet demand. That will be annoying, as the artificial overprices will be floating around out there.

-Mike

My concern was having "hi cap" mags but after seeing luipis's post, no need to worry. I got a bunch of preban CZ75 mags which is nice.

When I was thinking of shooting Ladies division, this was one of the guns I was considering. Feels great in the right hand, but the bowed trigger guard and low safety prevented me from getting a good grip with my left hand.

Yeah it would be nice to hold one first to see what it's like before putting down that kind of cash. But worst case if I hate it (highly doubt it [laugh]), I could always sell/move it rather quickly.

I just want them to carry those slide serrations over to all their other SP-01s. They look so much nicer than the pencil thin serrations they currently have.

Back
Top Bottom