Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

I thought the Orange was sexy also

Yeah the TS Orange models are very nice too. I got to hold/dryfire one last night at a steel plate match in CT. It is very heavy (which is good of course) and the trigger is just stupid nice - under 3# for sure.

Shadow 2 is on a bigger frame. Your handicapped little hands wouldn't wrap around it

[slap] (but true)

I die anytime I see someone brag about a CZ that I'll never be able to buy in my state - the CZ P01 and 75 compact.....

You can buy them in every state of the union as far as I know....some states they're just harder to come by than others.

I've had 3 custom shop Shadows and 5 cz75's.

Currently down to 1 Shadow and 1 cz75.

I honestly am not too excited about the new Shadow 2 because the TS Orange is where my money is headed.

I'm sure the Shadow 2 is going to be a great gun, but everything I read about the TS Orange says that it is exceptional and on par with the Czechmate.

I've had 3 custom shop Shadows and 5 cz75's.

Currently down to 1 Shadow and 1 cz75.

I honestly am not too excited about the new Shadow 2 because the TS Orange is where my money is headed.

I'm sure the Shadow 2 is going to be a great gun, but everything I read about the TS Orange says that it is exceptional and on par with the Czechmate.

Wow. Quite the CZ fan! Nice.

Yeah the TS's are super nice. There's a few guys I shoot with at steel plate matches on Wednesday night who have them. Like I said before, I've held and dry fired them and it's silly how nice they feel and silly how nice the trigger is. Granted they're even more money than a Shadow 2 (albeit not by much) but I'd be plenty happy with a TS.

As for the Czechmate, those are way out of my budget and needs (don't shoot USPSA open).

I've been off and on about the TS's, but never bit. The new TS Orange has the Czechmate frame which to me is the selling point.

I'd never take a Dremel to a $1000+ pistol like others do to reduce the TS frame and the Czechmate is far too expensive for my tastes. A $1500 TS Orange I can mentally handle though.

I think it's going to be approved for uspsa but it is 45 ounces which is too heavy for idpa but those rules are subject to change whenever they want.

FWIW, the guys at CZ Custom told me that 2000 shadow 2's need to be imported before they will be legal for USPSA...

That'd be nice. So what are the weight limits for USPSA production? I need to read up on the rules for USPSA...Yeah I don't see it being legal in IDPA ever unless they make more rule changes as you said.

The more I think about it, it would be hard justifying that kind of money if it can't be used in USPSA or IDPA. Would be one expensive range toy/plinker [laugh] I suppose you could use it for steel challenge...

It was designed around IPSC production, so it should be USPSA production legal as well. IDPA rules say 43 oz, so you'd need to go with an SP-01 shadow instead.

It was designed around IPSC production, so it should be USPSA production legal as well. IDPA rules say 43 oz, so you'd need to go with an SP-01 shadow instead.

Yeah just need 2000 of them to be imported according to CZ Custom.

You could shoot it L10 minor while waiting for it to be approved

Yeah that's true. I should probably get one in hand before I consider using one for competition [laugh]
Chances of me getting one are slim that's for sure.

These guns are hot. I don't think you will find any for sticker price for quite a while. I don't understand the 2000 gun requirement in the USA. If the manufacturer has made and sold in excess of 2000 guns worldwide, shouldn't that be enough?

These guns are hot. I don't think you will find any for sticker price for quite a while. I don't understand the 2000 gun requirement in the USA. If the manufacturer has made and sold in excess of 2000 guns worldwide, shouldn't that be enough?

Yeah I don't get it either. I was quoted $1325 at the most. He hopes it will be less.

The TS Orange was in stock a couple weeks ago(I forget which online shop found it while searching the model #), I came very close to ordering one. Probably should have seeing as how rare they are.

The TS Orange was in stock a couple weeks ago(I forget which online shop found it while searching the model #), I came very close to ordering one. Probably should have seeing as how rare they are.

I found one dealer who has one but he wants low to mid 2k for it...

Yeah I don't get it either. I was quoted $1325 at the most. He hopes it will be less.

What bothers me about the 2000 gun requirement in the US vs total international production is that we are members of the International Practical Shooting Confederation. Sometimes the members of the USPSA BOD forget this "inconvenient truth" and make up their own rules.

Allegedly (according to some people on the CZ forums and on FB) CZ is shipping the Shadow's sometime this month....

What bothers me about the 2000 gun requirement in the US vs total international production is that we are members of the International Practical Shooting Confederation. Sometimes the members of the USPSA BOD forget this "inconvenient truth" and make up their own rules.

Not for much longer....

Back
Top Bottom