• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone currently waiting on an LTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called my police dept the other day, and I was told that "Boston ran out of money and printing supplies, so it might be another week or two before we get your license to give you"

Anyone else hear this recently?

Did you ask them what was the $100 for? Maybe you can give them a gift card for Kinkos to get it printed.

I got my LTC in just under three weeks. It arrived last week and I was promptly called for pick up. I live in Gloucester, a green town for sure. Yesterday I happily purchased a Ruger SR9C. Hope your wait is not to long. Good luck!

This was a legit excuse at one time but they sound like they are recycling it. Either that or CHSB is being slothful, again. Most of the time the PD invents lies about state processing time so they have more time to sit on your application.

-Mike

This was a legit excuse at one time but they sound like they are recycling it. Either that or CHSB is being slothful, again. Most of the time the PD invents lies about state processing time so they have more time to sit on your application.

-Mike

I think CHSB is being slothful. I had a renewal that took forever. There was no good reason why it should take forever and a year but between LO vacations and the state taking their sweet as time it took ~2.5 months. ie; why would a PD sit on a renewal. I had the guns already...

I think CHSB is being slothful. I had a renewal that took forever. There was no good reason why it should take forever and a year but between LO vacations and the state taking their sweet as time it took ~2.5 months. ie; why would a PD sit on a renewal. I had the guns already...

Given the "new regime" over there, I wouldn't be surprised. That said, a lot of PDs are cutting back people, and in the shuffle of that, licensing officers, etc, are getting dropped or they're cutting back hours. That said, with MIRCS it shoulkdn't take the PD nearly as long as it used to.

-Mike

Given the "new regime" over there, I wouldn't be surprised. That said, a lot of PDs are cutting back people, and in the shuffle of that, licensing officers, etc, are getting dropped or they're cutting back hours. That said, with MIRCS it shoulkdn't take the PD nearly as long as it used to.

-Mike

I applied May 5th. I was told the other day that my application was approved on June 30th, and now CHSB just needs to buy some cards or ink or something stupid like that.

I applied May 5th. I was told the other day that my application was approved on June 30th, and now CHSB just needs to buy some cards or ink or something stupid like that.

They have the cards or the ink. I got mine on July 7th...

Applied on June 30th still waiting, I was told by the Chief that it should take 4-6 weeks but cut backs in Boston might make it 6-8 weeks. If so :(

I applied May 30th ish, and JUST heard back now from them after calling over 4 times and them not giving me straight answers. Applied for a LTC A, got approved for a LTC B, BUT, i am getting a job that involves me needed an LTC A and so they said they would upgrade gladly.

I applied May 30th ish, and JUST heard back now from them after calling over 4 times and them not giving me straight answers. Applied for a LTC A, got approved for a LTC B, BUT, i am getting a job that involves me needed an LTC A and so they said they would upgrade gladly.

How generous of them! [thinking] [rolleyes]

Be prepared to pony up another $100, as it is a new license with a different number.

How generous of them! [thinking] [rolleyes]

Be prepared to pony up another $100, as it is a new license with a different number.

I know GEE GOLLY! haha.. Yeah, anything for a quick buck, but sadly, thats rare in my town and never thought I'd have the chance to get my LTC A or this job so fast, so Id gladly pay it if it came down to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom