Anyone Carry in a Bathing Suit?

I think NAA 22s were originally made to carry whilst in a banana hammock

Anyone thinking "Why the hell would anyone want to carry on the beach??" need only Google the Revere Beach "brawl" last week, which included one thug - oops, how mean spirited of me - "misunderstood yute" jumping a Statie from behind, or the Carson Beach Brawl in 2011 (which was actually a "flash mob" gang invasion that targeted non-minorities who just happened to be at the beach for a nice day), the Huntington Beach (CA) riot of 2013, the Revere Carnival, the Brockton Fair, etc... (Miami? The New Jersey Shore?)

It (flash mob gang attacks) is going to soon be the new normal, I'd bet anything on it. Be it at beaches, fairs, carnivals, whatever. And will especially be "normal" at beaches in places like MA, MD, NJ, CA etc (Hmmm, now what do those seacoast states also have in common besides sand and surf? Gee, I wonder).

But not to worry, cuz the beach is usually "patrolled" by police, and yes, citizens, you can simply "just call 911" and a hero will rush - oops, surf, or sail, or swim - to your rescue.

Wer'e in the "social media"/"flash mob" (Baltimore!) era, and at any time, at literally ANY time, anywhere, a couple of punks/thugs can post that it's "go time" at _______ (fill in the location and time) and it's "on".
Some people might consider carrying at the beach to be a sign of paranoia/fear/bitter clinging etc...I say "screw that" and I carry literally everyfrigginwhere I go, for the day when one, two or two hundred of the f*cks that love to mess up everyone else's life (sometimes violently or fatally) decide that today is the day they're gonna f*ck up a dude and his entire family, maybe even drag them from a car in traffic at the beach, maybe even just walk down the beach undeterred by the unarmed populace and violently assault them "just for the hell of it"...
You know, just go out and "eff-up" some legal, law abiding citizens with "me and my crew, my boyz, my homeys, my fellow illegal amigos", etc etc when we're out for a day/night of "Wilding".

One of the reasons Carson and Revere occurred at those locations is because there is an MBTA stop at, or very near both. Cheap, convenient nearby transportation. And free, too! (If you and the crew wanna just jump the turnstiles. Ain't nobody gonna stop all five, seven, or nine of us! etc)... If the Wollaston (Quincy) T stop was actually at Wollaston Beach, it would already have been hit or would have a bullseye on it for this (hopefully not) long-hot summer. Can you imagine if the Blue Line extended to Lynn? Salisbury? Hampton?

And when (and I truly think we're officially at a point in the history of society where it is indeed a "when" and not an "if") the next extremely violent, fatal, spur of the moment gang attack/outburst happens, the only thing separating the victims from the survivors might just be a G26 in your cargo shorts and a spare mag (or five) in a cargo pocket....Just sayin'

But "it'll never happen here".
"It'll never happen to me".
"It'll..."

I get what you are saying, but supposing that you bring your gat to the beach, what the heck do you do with it if you want to swim with your kids? Lay it on the blanket? Serious question, not trying to be a wise ass. I know that I personally wouldn't want to not be able to enjoy myself just because I was paranoid about a mass shooting erupting on the beach, nor would I want to risk my gun getting stolen either, so what's your solution to this dilemma?

Anyone thinking "Why the hell would anyone want to carry on the beach??" need only Google the Revere Beach "brawl" last week, which included one thug - oops, how mean spirited of me - "misunderstood yute" jumping a Statie from behind, or the Carson Beach Brawl in 2011 (which was actually a "flash mob" gang invasion that targeted non-minorities who just happened to be at the beach for a nice day), the Huntington Beach (CA) riot of 2013, the Revere Carnival, the Brockton Fair, etc... (Miami? The New Jersey Shore?)

It (flash mob gang attacks) is going to soon be the new normal, I'd bet anything on it. Be it at beaches, fairs, carnivals, whatever. And will especially be "normal" at beaches in places like MA, MD, NJ, CA etc (Hmmm, now what do those seacoast states also have in common besides sand and surf? Gee, I wonder).

But not to worry, cuz the beach is usually "patrolled" by police, and yes, citizens, you can simply "just call 911" and a hero will rush - oops, surf, or sail, or swim - to your rescue.

Wer'e in the "social media"/"flash mob" (Baltimore!) era, and at any time, at literally ANY time, anywhere, a couple of punks/thugs can post that it's "go time" at _______ (fill in the location and time) and it's "on".
Some people might consider carrying at the beach to be a sign of paranoia/fear/bitter clinging etc...I say "screw that" and I carry literally everyfrigginwhere I go, for the day when one, two or two hundred of the f*cks that love to mess up everyone else's life (sometimes violently or fatally) decide that today is the day they're gonna f*ck up a dude and his entire family, maybe even drag them from a car in traffic at the beach, maybe even just walk down the beach undeterred by the unarmed populace and violently assault them "just for the hell of it"...
You know, just go out and "eff-up" some legal, law abiding citizens with "me and my crew, my boyz, my homeys, my fellow illegal amigos", etc etc when we're out for a day/night of "Wilding".

One of the reasons Carson and Revere occurred at those locations is because there is an MBTA stop at, or very near both. Cheap, convenient nearby transportation. And free, too! (If you and the crew wanna just jump the turnstiles. Ain't nobody gonna stop all five, seven, or nine of us! etc)... If the Wollaston (Quincy) T stop was actually at Wollaston Beach, it would already have been hit or would have a bullseye on it for this (hopefully not) long-hot summer. Can you imagine if the Blue Line extended to Lynn? Salisbury? Hampton?

And when (and I truly think we're officially at a point in the history of society where it is indeed a "when" and not an "if") the next extremely violent, fatal, spur of the moment gang attack/outburst happens, the only thing separating the victims from the survivors might just be a G26 in your cargo shorts and a spare mag (or five) in a cargo pocket....Just sayin'

But "it'll never happen here".
"It'll never happen to me".
"It'll..."

Knew I loved this forum for a reason. You and I may just have been separated at birth.

I think people should carry wherever they want but first part of the problem is thinking that going to any of these places was ever a good idea. [rofl] Every one of the places you just mentioned has "thug life" written all over it.

It (flash mob gang attacks) is going to soon be the new normal, I'd bet anything on it. Be it at beaches, fairs, carnivals, whatever.

IMHO they'll get bored eventually, particularly after the first punk kid gets shot in the face with a gun or otherwise gets put in a coma. I'm pretty much counting the days till that happens. Of course the douchebags in the media will pull the save the orphans bullshit instead of depicting the kid as a thug that he/she is.

-Mike

This topic is gayer than 7 guys blowing 12 guys, but if you must CCW at water country.....go with ammo that has sealed primers. Or do what the SEALs do and coat the primers with hair gel.

This topic is gayer than 7 guys blowing 12 guys, but if you must CCW at water country.....go with ammo that has sealed primers. Or do what the SEALs do and coat the primers with hair gel.

No one says you MUST carry at Water Country. As a mater of fact the topic was carrying in a bathing suit, which could mena the beach, lake, or pool. Some people would like the option to carry no matter where they are. Now I see so called pro-2A people stating how there's no need to carry in places that call for a bathing suit. Don't the liberals always try to dictate the needs of the masses?

Dedicated, hard-core "must carry everywhere at all times" folks will figure out a way. I once knew a guy who even carried in the shower... and if that is possible, why not in a bathing suit too?

I carry appendix in a g-code incog in my rogue cross-training shorts, just tie the drawstrings tight.

but when you go on a water slide and it flips you and you land on the pistol...well that doesn't sound like fun...and the water country handbook says you have to have fun when you go there...you get fined if you don't comply

if you plan on carrying at the beach or at a water park then you probably don't plan on going in the water which is fine...if you want to go in the water and trust a ziploc to handle the job then great...myself, i'll be pounding beers in the water floating on a tube and not being paranoid about the 0.00000000001% chance of a mass shooting taking place at the family beach that i frequent

My wife's sister used to work at water country. she said they would skim the pools and lazy river to get all the dead rats out before they opened to the public for the day.

No one says you MUST carry at Water Country. As a mater of fact the topic was carrying in a bathing suit, which could mena the beach, lake, or pool. Some people would like the option to carry no matter where they are. Now I see so called pro-2A people stating how there's no need to carry in places that call for a bathing suit. Don't the liberals always try to dictate the needs of the masses?

In my case, I would never presume to tell anyone where they "need" to carry, or not, but I'm honestly wondering how people handle the logistics of it. Like I stated, I wasn't being a wise ass, just curious. I've put myself in situations before where I've inconvenienced myself, or especially my family because I had to "sit out" certain activities they wanted to do because I had my gun on me, and either I couldn't enter a particular venue (legally), or the activity would have exposed me in some way. At the beach/water park, I would think this would be especially problematic due to the obvious submerging your firearm and ammo, or leaving it potentially not under your direct control. This is why I'm looking for some ideas on how others accomplish this without having to "sit out" on enjoying time with their family. As much as I try to carry pretty much everywhere/everyday, I refuse to live my life so paranoid that I feel the need to take it in the shower with me as stated by some, or have to watch my kids do an activity that I should be enjoying with them just because I'm carrying.

My wife's sister used to work at water country. she said they would skim the pools and lazy river to get all the dead rats out before they opened to the public for the day.
Lovely. That sounds like a bigger threat to me than a mass shooter at a water park.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

In my case, I would never presume to tell anyone where they "need" to carry, or not, but I'm honestly wondering how people handle the logistics of it. Like I stated, I wasn't being a wise ass, just curious. I've put myself in situations before where I've inconvenienced myself, or especially my family because I had to "sit out" certain activities they wanted to do because I had my gun on me, and either I couldn't enter a particular venue (legally), or the activity would have exposed me in some way. At the beach/water park, I would think this would be especially problematic due to the obvious submerging your firearm and ammo, or leaving it potentially not under your direct control. This is why I'm looking for some ideas on how others accomplish this without having to "sit out" on enjoying time with their family. As much as I try to carry pretty much everywhere/everyday, I refuse to live my life so paranoid that I feel the need to take it in the shower with me as stated by some, or have to watch my kids do an activity that I should be enjoying with them just because I'm carrying.

^^^totally agree with this...if you feel the need to then do it...if it's going to hinder you experiencing something fun, a family outing, etc. then either "sit out" or enjoy life...take your pick

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely. That sounds like a bigger threat to me than a mass shooter at a water park.

yup...better start wearing ear plugs a mask and keep your mouth shut

Does chlorine kill pool aids? In really worried about pool aids.

but when you go on a water slide and it flips you and you land on the pistol...well that doesn't sound like fun...and the water country handbook says you have to have fun when you go there...you get fined if you don't comply

if you plan on carrying at the beach or at a water park then you probably don't plan on going in the water which is fine...if you want to go in the water and trust a ziploc to handle the job then great...myself, i'll be pounding beers in the water floating on a tube and not being paranoid about the 0.00000000001% chance of a mass shooting taking place at the family beach that i frequent

Ziploc? Psshhhhht
I would fully trust my Glock to fire after it has been submerged in water.

anyone carry in the shower?

The solution to problems like this is to simply have at least one loaded gun in every room of the house, in case you get ambushed while walking naked from the bedroom to the bathroom. I even have guns mounted on the walls of the hallways just in case I'm caught by surprise while between rooms. The main problem with the shower is that the noise from the water is going to make it difficult for you to hear someone entering. They could make it to the shower before you manage to reach out of the shower to grab your gun. I would suggest motion sensing alarms to give you at least a number of seconds advance notice of such a situation.

The solution to problems like this is to simply have at least one loaded gun in every room of the house, in case you get ambushed while walking naked from the bedroom to the bathroom. I even have guns mounted on the walls of the hallways just in case I'm caught by surprise while between rooms. The main problem with the shower is that the noise from the water is going to make it difficult for you to hear someone entering. They could make it to the shower before you manage to reach out of the shower to grab your gun. I would suggest motion sensing alarms to give you at least a number of seconds advance notice of such a situation.

If you bulk up your perimiter security someone will have to make a lot of noise to get in the house, whether its smashing a window or beating the piss out of a door....

-Mike

If you bulk up your perimiter security someone will have to make a lot of noise to get in the house, whether its smashing a window or beating the piss out of a door....

-Mike

Yup, exactly. Maybe sprinkle in some cowbells hanging in front of every window, and random Legos on the floor.

i feel like an anti-tactical bath shower robe with rabbits on it and very large pockets, a waterproof shower fanny pack or a suction cup shower holster would do the job nicely

Back
Top Bottom