Anybody want to lend me $7000?

I'm still not getting what is so special about it....it's a belt fed ar-15... and only 30 were made...that makes it $7k?

More importantly, what remotely useful, or even amusing, purpose is served by taking an eminently portable, detachable-mag fed rifle and limiting it with a BELT?

Want more capacity? Get a Beta-C mag. All the capacity w/o the belt.

I'm still not getting what is so special about it....it's a belt fed ar-15... and only 30 were made...that makes it $7k?
I think it is the rarity of it, try finding a belt fed AR. Even the cheesey .22LR kits are 2-3K.

Also, is there a source for 'pre-ban' 223 links for it? If not, it would be pretty useless in MA.
Find me a link in any caliber that is stamped with it's date of manf.

More importantly, what remotely useful, or even amusing, purpose is served by taking an eminently portable, detachable-mag fed rifle and limiting it with a BELT?
Want more capacity? Get a Beta-C mag. All the capacity w/o the belt.
Though you are insightful as always [wink], what you find amusing and what I find amusing are assuredly two totally different things.

Please Note: I am basically defending this item for no reason as I will likely never be in the position to afford one. I posted it because I for one had never seen one and thought it was cool, forgive me if I offended anyone's firearm sensibilities.

No offense meant or taken. I just have to wonder WHAT Ceiner was thinking of when he created his answer to a non-existent problem.

As for the links - a link only connects 2 cartridges. How can that constitute a "large capacity feeding device?" [wink]

if you are going to buy a belt fed AR upper get a SHRIKE they can be had for about 8 grand these days

I've seen one of these in person... STAY AWAY!

It will break. They where all hand fitted, and NO spares are available. Ceiner doesn't support them at all. The lower has to be pretty heavily modified too...

--EasyD

Well, I would love something like it - belt feds in their full auto form are fun, but the semi auto belt feds are a riot as well. My buddy in Ohio has an HK-91 converted into a semi-auto 21 and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys.....

Belt feds can have their own appeal: here's a video (shot at Pelham F&G) of mine that was copied off a website and put on youtube (by somebody else):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...493&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

I'll probably bring my M240G to Hanson; if any of you yahoos want to bring some quality 7,62x51 I might let you run a belt through her. jim

PS that Ciener unit used modified M249 links and he WON'T work on them (thats what he told me anyway) A friend brought a Shrike to the Edan VT shoot last month and it worked well I'm told.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom